00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

EggSmash just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dress-up, Alphas, etc.

8,533 Views | 49 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-11 16:09:34

We have lots of updates!!!

First off, check out the Dress-Up Collection, with new additions such as Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Lopez! Dress them up, or just undress them!

Next, take a look at the new ALPHAS - we have previews of lots of hot new games & movies coming soon to Newgrounds. We are considering having demos and teasers submitted to the Portal go directly to a listing on the Alphas page (rather than get ranked with regular Portal movies). What does everyone think of this idea?

We have also expanded the Webcam Gallery to a whopping 9 pages! Check out all the new fans we have added! Is nine pages enough, or should we have even more?

Other new collections include whole features on the Backstreet Boys and Powerpuff Girls - hours of fun!

I've been updating the general toons listings. I am still digging around, but be sure to point out any favorites that are missing.

For any questions or comments, simply reply to this posting. Let me know what you think of the new collections, webcam gallery additions, Alpha ideas, and missing toons! Thanks!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-11 16:50:58

YAYY!!!!! I like it.

Good job.

Dress-up, Alphas, etc.

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-11 17:15:16

cool, it's nice to see an update from tom finally. Love updates on this site, there very rare.

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-11 17:38:56

Next, take a look at the new ALPHAS - we have previews of lots of hot new games & movies coming soon to Newgrounds. We are considering having demos and teasers submitted to the Portal go directly to a listing on the Alphas page (rather than get ranked with regular Portal movies). What does everyone think of this idea?

great idea...all too many demos are submitted (and I'm one of those submitters, I might add) in the portal and well I'm kind of drunk right now but I think it's a great idea. yes great. mmm... Because I''d like to add my games to Alphas.. at least AWO which I'm working like a dog on.
it's been a hard day's night with barbecue with my friends today...I enjoyed it....oh AWO....

I lie your aide
I like your idea but I can't see the keyboard all tiu well...you''ll have toe xuce seme...but greaqt idea, honestlu, innit?

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-11 17:39:10

At 5/11/01 04:09 PM, TomFulp wrote: We have lots of updates!!!

First off, check out the Dress-Up Collection, with new additions such as Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Lopez! Dress them up, or just undress them!

We have also expanded the Webcam Gallery to a whopping 9 pages! Check out all the new fans we have added! Is nine pages enough, or should we have even more?

Other new collections include whole features on the Backstreet Boys and Powerpuff Girls - hours of fun!

I've been updating the general toons listings. I am still digging around, but be sure to point out any favorites that are missing.

For any questions or comments, simply reply to this posting. Let me know what you think of the new collections, webcam gallery additions, Alpha ideas, and missing toons! Thanks!

Dude, You still have the "Wendys versus McDonalds" shit up there..That was voted off years agao..take that shit out!!!

Dress-up, Alphas, etc.

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-11 23:53:32

At 5/11/01 04:09 PM, TomFulp wrote: Next, take a look at the new ALPHAS - we have previews of lots of hot new games & movies coming soon to Newgrounds. We are considering having demos and teasers submitted to the Portal go directly to a listing on the Alphas page (rather than get ranked with regular Portal movies). What does everyone think of this idea?

I think the idea of posting teasers/demos in the ALPAHAS section is a good idea. I think you should definitely do it. And I think maybe there should be 10 cam pages, even numbers are cool. Just my 2 cents ....... oh, one more thing - MAKE DIFFERENT COLORED FAN-NET BOXES, DAMN YOU! And .. stuff.

Dress-up, Alphas, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-12 01:18:53

I think the trailer automatically into the Alphas section would be a great idea. They need they're own section, as I don't thinkthey should be put in the same spot as finished movies.

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-12 01:37:27

i think the updates are cool and fun. but when i was looking through alphas, i saw DISORDERLY, are you still working/forgot about it? it looks fun

Dress-up, Alphas, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-12 06:30:25

haveing a seprate part for the demos is a cool idea
Teres just one more thing that should be added to the alphas section the date the alpha was posted. its a bit conusing when you see "I should be finihsed this movie/game in about 3 weeks" and you dont know when they said that.

oh and you missed something from the dress up collection http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=15042 its make your own sloth

Dress-up, Alphas, etc.

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-12 08:13:30

Good job.

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-12 08:20:00

It's a good idea to have demos and teasers automatically moved to the Alphas page, but does that mean there will be two sections, one for the previews with text about the creations and one for the previews that automatically get submitted?

I think there should be an Alphas link up above with the rest of the main links in the top frame. The Alphas link you have now on the main page is too far down and resembles an ad. Better yet, shouldn't there be a NGMag link instead of Alphas?

Like someone stated before, a date when previews were submitted to Alphas would help determine when we could expect to see the final product.

Will previews be removed from Alphas once they are finally done and submitted to the Portal? There seems to be a few in there now that have been released for quite some time now.

A somewhat related idea I had for the NGMag would be to have a review section, similar to what most video game magazines have where there is a select group of people who review games/movies and give a brief description about what they liked/hated about it. Selecting reviewers would be a pain in the ass but I'm sure you could manage to find 3-5 people who consistantly write well thought out reviews.

I would set up the NGMag like this:

> Previews (Review crew only)
> Reviews (With text describing content from creator)
> Demos (Interactive)
> Teasers (Non-interactive)
> Recent Releases (Alphas that are finally done)
> DevSpot
> Community News
> NGMag Forum (Posts related to NGMag content only)

I'd like to see the NGMag grow and act as a seperate site from Newgrounds. But perhaps there isn't enough content in NGMag to do that yet?

Hope this was helpful in some way =)

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-12 08:22:22

I meant

> Reviews (Review crew only)
> Previews (With text describing content from creator)

Sorry =)

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-12 11:07:32

At 5/12/01 01:37 AM, Crazydood wrote: i think the updates are cool and fun. but when i was looking through alphas, i saw DISORDERLY, are you still working/forgot about it? it looks fun

Unlike most of my games, I am actually still actively working on Disorderly. The game won't launch until it is 100% complete, putting it alongside such rare accomplishments such as Pico. :)

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-12 11:14:32

Will pico be out soon?

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-12 11:29:40

All great ideas....an alpha section sounds well.
The Christina dress-up game was...wow

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-12 13:43:25

well we all know how im spending my afternoon

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-12 14:02:00

my arm is gunna need a rest from that jenny lopez dressup... j/k

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-12 17:31:28

At 5/11/01 04:09 PM, TomFulp wrote: We have lots of updates!!!

YIPEE!! I love Newgrounds!! LOL!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! UPDATES RULE!!!!!

Dress-up, Alphas, etc.

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-12 19:18:00

The Idea of the Alphas is a magnificent one! They do pretty much nothing but annoy me =P sometimes I like to see them just so I know what'll be coming in the near future, but when I'm just cruzing the portal, I really don't want to see them. A seperate page just for them is a great idea, I can check them out when I want to, and avoid them too ^_^
-Treb

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-13 08:59:14

At 5/11/01 04:09 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Can't say I like there, definitely not top 50 ,material, but I'm sure there are people out there who do.

Great idea, stop them being blammed out of existance. As I've said in some review for a trailer at one point, you can't really rate a trailer compared to a movie.

Well the non updated cam problem seems to be solved, so as long as the new pages aren't full of non updaters, I'm sure they'd be welcome.

There's no actual Backpassage boys music features, is there? I couldn't face it.

The Prikedelik stuff!!!! (Please note: Sarcasm. I can't believe he got a daily feature. Was this based on his standing in the top 50 at the time?)

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-13 14:07:50

TOM!!!! post links to stuff! I haven't been able to play crazy shuttle in forever!!!!

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-13 17:31:53

At 5/13/01 02:07 PM, pyro666 wrote: TOM!!!! post links to stuff! I haven't been able to play crazy shuttle in forever!!!!

There is a link to Crazy Shuttle from the frontpage of the Features section!

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-13 17:53:36

The only problem with prewiews being put straight into the alphas is that it would soon be overrun with crappy low effort tack of things that people have no intention of finishing (judging by the amount of "preview" entries in the portal), perhaps keep the alphas section as selected by yourselves (staff) and make a different section for previews, I dunno, I may be rambling again.

BBS Signature

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-13 18:15:57

good work!
but there's a lot of finished stuff on the alphas that should be removed from this section, such as:
-Brutality
-Hostage Situation 2
-Malapa's Challenge
-Scrap Book: Mon vs. Fita
-Tom Green Hacky Game

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-13 19:07:24

i dont think you should have demos and teasers go to the alpha page, because some of the demos and teasers suck majorly and dont deserve to be in the Alpha section! blah blah blah, i bore my self

Dress-up, Alphas, etc.

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-14 02:25:37

I think that expanding into another category: 'alphas' is nothing less than a superb idea... Somthing that newgrounds has been missing for quite some time, I mean every one gets pissed off at people for submitting their teasers and previews of their movies on the portal ; however, some people like it when previews are submitted their... Doing it by way of haveing a seperate place for these typs of things will weed out the contraversial reviews in the portal... The people that want to watch this type of thing can go to the 'alphas' and the people that don't like it.... well they can fuck off and keep watching what they want in the portal. Not only that but being a flash animator myself, I usually put an average of 150 hours into my flash animations... (with of course a few side jobs on the way!) I like the idea of being able to talk about what I'm doing while makeing it to get feed back from the users on NG it gives me more motivation to keep working on it. Anywayz thats my 2 cents... I can't really think of a smart reasen NOT to have the alphas section because really, it doesnt get in anybodies way so if they don't like it... (like I said before) they can just fuck off and ignore it. Well thats my fucken two cents!

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-14 05:09:06

Tom cancelled Pico 2 a long time ago, man.

Dress-up, Alphas, etc.

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-14 15:41:51

At 5/13/01 06:15 PM, Potatoheadz wrote: good work!
but there's a lot of finished stuff on the alphas that should be removed from this section, such as:
-Brutality
-Hostage Situation 2
-Malapa's Challenge
-Scrap Book: Mon vs. Fita
-Tom Green Hacky Game

i think that all of these deserve to make their way into the toons or games section,all r great(...well,nearly all) and easily deserve to be shown there.after all,the original hs is there but not the 2nd,cant be right,at least take off the first one!

as for the new section for previews,trailers, teasers, whatever,a new section would be cool;that genyus blade is just pissin me off sittin pretty on the portal when he has the whole thing waiting in his web site cuz he cant release it on ng.just seems pointless to release anything that will lower full anims that have had more effort put into it.
u dont see a proper movie at the top of the charts cuz they decided to release the advert instead cuz it had the best bits in it,so why should it be true in the portal.

im done

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-14 15:56:21

u dont see a proper movie at the top of the charts cuz they decided to release the advert instead cuz it had the best bits in it,so why should it be true in the portal.

im done

when i say proper,i mean real,just incase u didnt pick up on that

bandersnatch

Response to Dress-up, Alphas, etc. 2001-05-14 15:57:48

yo tom,

sorry bout the lil billboard thang!
im an idiot.
question:
im dum.
i dont know how to submit my webcam to ya.
yes, i tried the email thing, even that confused me.
i emailed your bro, guess he didnt (would rather not or didnt even see) it.

its at http://www.spotlife.com/users/jamesdigitallydope/webcam .

sorry again!

Dress-up, Alphas, etc.