00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Notking just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

This Place is Gettin' Busy!

3,006 Views | 21 Replies

This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-03 21:46:05

Hi! I figured I'd introduce myself before I begin here. I'm the webmaster over at Redfx.net and most of you know me from my NG Sticks series on Newgrounds. At the moment I'm working on some more serious animations rather than anything funny, but I'm prepared to parody anything!

Here's a great new movie that popped up in the portal that I really enjoyed, and I encourage everyone to check it out!
The Suicide Bomber is a neat interactive movie where you play the role of a negotiator. Your mission is to try and calm down a man ready to blow himself up, along with anyone else in the large office tower, if he doesn't get his kids back. It takes some patience, but it's fun!

I don't know if Tom was going to ask this, but I'm curious. What does everyone think of the NG Network folks posting on the site? I think it's been great so far! It keeps everyone up to date on movie and game developments, it gives me something to read, and best of all it adds some new personalities to the site! So what do you guys think?

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-03 22:59:26

hey ummmm ur movie ngsticks is really sweet..i prefered number 1 to number 2.
i think this new layout is pretty good but it seems all u guys posting are not getting many comments/replies as fulp. haha.

hey dude check out my skater movies..people say their crap and they probably are but have a look anyway.

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-03 23:34:36

i like the new feature...it keeps everyone briefed on whats happening

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 02:29:45

I like that ppl can post news on their flashs.

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 06:40:49

At 3/3/01 09:46 PM, redfxdotnet wrote: I don't know if Tom was going to ask this, but I'm curious. What does everyone think of the NG Network folks posting on the site? I think it's been great so far! It keeps everyone up to date on movie and game developments, it gives me something to read, and best of all it adds some new personalities to the site! So what do you guys think?

I enjoy the recent addition very much. As a frequent visitor, it's always nice to have fresh content. It doesn't seem to entice user feedback as much as the creators posts though, but I'm sure that will improve once the affiliates gain more exposure.

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 07:45:47

At 3/3/01 09:46 PM, redfxdotnet wrote: I don't know if Tom was going to ask this, but I'm curious. What does everyone think of the NG Network folks posting on the site? I think it's been great so far! It keeps everyone up to date on movie and game developments, it gives me something to read, and best of all it adds some new personalities to the site! So what do you guys think?

It'd be a lot better if people checked before posting. Two occasions already where 3 posts were made in one day. Once the novelty wears off I'm sure it'll be useful. Tom's news though should be first and foremost. It'd be better if regardless of the date, tom's latest post stays on top.

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 11:26:25

No one is really replying to my posts, but My traffic is jumping again because of the new feature. I like the change, because I can see what kind of content the other affiliates have before I visit their sites.

-Dom

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 11:35:52

At 3/4/01 07:45 AM, Brian_Beaton wrote: It'd be a lot better if people checked before posting. Two occasions already where 3 posts were made in one day. Once the novelty wears off I'm sure it'll be useful. Tom's news though should be first and foremost. It'd be better if regardless of the date, tom's latest post stays on top.

Yeah, I think there's just a rush to post because it's new, but once everyone's done it I'm sure they'll spread out the posting more. I agree with you about Tom's stuff staying on top after he posts, and I'm sure it will and it should.

As for the small response to posts... Well for starters there is about 6 for people to reply to rather than the usual 1. And I'm sure it will get better as people get to know everyone.

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 12:11:32

I wish I could post on the front-page too!!!!!

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 12:16:07

So what do you guys think?

Well I think this Network is fine. I like all the updates and hearing from all the people. I think we should continue this as it is now.

This Place is Gettin' Busy!

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 14:57:56

At 3/3/01 09:46 PM, redfxdotnet wrote: ...
I don't know if Tom was going to ask this, but I'm curious. What does everyone think of the NG Network folks posting on the site? I think it's been great so far! It keeps everyone up to date on movie and game developments, it gives me something to read, and best of all it adds some new personalities to the site! So what do you guys think?

I think it's great - more cool sites' news = more cool stuff for me to check out.

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 17:48:52

I can see the advantages for everyone, including myself. I wanted to run a contest awhile back and this'll definitely help promote it. I just think that to keep the more cynical happy with newgrounds, they should still be able to see what they came to his site for (without digging through the history).

PS: Ross don't kill me for suggesting another feature :)

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 18:17:32

At 3/4/01 11:26 AM, Perfect-Dom wrote: No one is really replying to my posts, but My traffic is jumping again because of the new feature. I like the change, because I can see what kind of content the other affiliates have before I visit their sites.

-Dom

I got one real reply..and it was complaining that I'd posted an early demo of a game which was valid news. Of course, the traffic jump is nice no matter what.

Anyway, I like the feature and I agree that NG staff posts should be first.

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 18:22:34

At 3/4/01 06:17 PM, squierguy wrote: I got one real reply..and it was complaining that I'd posted an early demo of a game which was valid news. Of course, the traffic jump is nice no matter what.

I'm actually surprised, i didn't notice much traffic increase, but it's all good - i think the p0sting just needs to be spread out a bit and have Tom's at the top.

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 19:37:59

I like the fact that other sites are getting attention, because its way more entertaining to scope out the good stuff NG brings us than -some- of the animations that somehow reach the portal.

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 20:06:03

I don't know I think the reason that your site hasn't got much traffic is because no one really cares. I mean if you told me that canada just got a new president I wouldn't run to the canadian web page to see who it was. Mainly because I could care less, and I think having all these posts at once kinda detracts from your post. That's just how I see it, good luck on your flash movie tho!

Sincerely,

Chronos136
(p.s.> Hey I'm dark what did ya expect, I call it like I see it) :)

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-04 20:49:27

At 3/3/01 09:46 PM, redfxdotnet wrote: Hi! I figured I'd introduce myself before I begin here. I'm the webmaster over at Redfx.net and most of you know me from my NG Sticks series on Newgrounds. At the moment I'm working on some more serious animations rather than anything funny, but I'm prepared to parody anything!

Here's a great new movie that popped up in the portal that I really enjoyed, and I encourage everyone to check it out!
The Suicide Bomber is a neat interactive movie where you play the role of a negotiator. Your mission is to try and calm down a man ready to blow himself up, along with anyone else in the large office tower, if he doesn't get his kids back. It takes some patience, but it's fun!

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-05 13:41:01

Are there any limitations to your posting or are you allowed to post whenever the hell you want? as long as the front page doesnt get over flooded with posts, i dont mind this new thing.

-=frosty=-

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-05 18:47:51

At 3/3/01 09:46 PM, redfxdotnet wrote: Hi! I figured I'd introduce myself before I begin here. I'm the webmaster over at Redfx.net and most of you know me from my NG Sticks series on Newgrounds. At the moment I'm working on some more serious animations rather than anything funny, but I'm prepared to parody anything!

BBS Signature

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-05 19:59:41

At 3/4/01 05:48 PM, Brian_Beaton wrote: I can see the advantages for everyone, including myself. I wanted to run a contest awhile back and this'll definitely help promote it. I just think that to keep the more cynical happy with newgrounds, they should still be able to see what they came to his site for (without digging through the history).

ARGH NO DAMN YOU BEATON... I'm busy enough as it is... I'll kill you!

PS: Ross don't kill me for suggesting another feature :)

Oh, ok, I take it all back. :)

Ross Snyder - PHP Juggler

If you find a problem on the website, send me a PM.

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-05 22:57:55

At 3/5/01 07:59 PM, Ross wrote:
At 3/4/01 05:48 PM, Brian_Beaton wrote: I can see the advantages for everyone, including .. I'll kill you!

pssst, Ross... just send him an email about Scrote5 ;) hehe.

Response to This Place is Gettin' Busy! 2001-03-08 14:57:29

I think it's a good idea for people to say what they think and be able to post messges, that's why i'm posting this. Will any one tell me how to make animations? Call me a newbie, but i don't care. Please, just if any one could, tell me how to make animations.