00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mickillus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

No sound...but there is sound?!

306 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

No sound...but there is sound?! 2006-04-08 19:52:15

I am listening to music, MSI - Kill the Rock but that's irrelevant, and windows is playing the usual sounds when I do certain actions but when I view any flash on the site I do not get any sound, I have Flashplayer 8, and it just isn't putting out any sound.

Earlier today Winamp wouldn't work for me and I fixed that by selecting the correct sound output device in Winamp's preferences, but is it possible that Windows selected a sound device that doesn't work and is trying to use it for all of my applications? And if that is so, how do I switch back to the correct one.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to No sound...but there is sound?! 2006-04-08 20:21:34

Well shit, I fixed it by restarting. ):<

It was too obvious, I hate technology.

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to No sound...but there is sound?! 2006-04-08 20:27:43

At 4/8/06 08:21 PM, _Matt_ wrote: Well shit, I fixed it by restarting. ):<

It was too obvious, I hate technology.

Meant to include this:

(Assuming you're using XP) If you're having the same problem, go to My computer > Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices. If right off the bat under the Volume tab it says "No Audio Device" just restart, it should fix itself, but if it has one selected and you still are not getting any sound, go to hardware, pick your card, and go to properties, check to see if the driver is working properly, first try to roll back to the older version, and if that works, all is well, but otherwise check (Start > All Programs > Windows Update) windows update to see if any new available drivers are there or just try re-installing it.

I tried everything before restarting... ):<

last.fm

BBS Signature