00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes

14,202 Views | 103 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 13:01:52

Great, you caved into all the people who complained this game was too hard.

You KNOW the point of these kind of games is so that they're so hard you can't beat them until you spent all your quarters for the 20th time! :P

Why am I complaining? I'ma go see if I can finally go beat Sunchips!

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 13:12:46

I played it and actually won this time, how exciting.

However, I just wanted to point out a new little error I found with the first mini-boss (I forget his name).

If he manages to corner you to a side, then he can start repeatidly hitting you on to the ground. Basically, the moment you get up from being knocked down, he hits you, sending you to the ground again. The same thing could repeat a good 4 or 5 times before you manage to pound up or down enough to escape.

I didn't die, but I did find it annoying that I lost a significant amount of health that early in the game.

I really don't think it should be too much of a concern, though. You have to really suck like me in order to be cornered in such a way :D

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 13:14:37

Haha, whilst I was playing, I zoomed in and noticed a lot of the background images had been changed to bitmaps to speed the game up, nice move tom!

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 13:19:59

I sucked at it the first relase and I wont get far on the easier version.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 13:23:48

Hmm, im really not sure about making it easier... I dont like games to be too easy, the thrill of Alien Hominid partly came from its difficulty.
I played Hominid (the flash) to death and manages, just once... to finish it with all 11 lives... this was made a little less special when my friend Tim did it the very same day

Anyway, good to hear of the bug fixes, looks like the loss of control thing at the beginning has been taken care of

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 13:42:32

every time i try to play dad n me it never starts. there isnt even a preloader theres just a white screen and the one time it did work and i clicked play it did the same thing only the screen was a light grayish color

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 13:42:38

Looks like somone really wants people to keep on playing Dad n Me, at least it works. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 13:59:03

At 3/20/06 01:42 PM, -Toast- wrote: Looks like somone really wants people to keep on playing Dad n Me, at least it works. ;)

no, he's trying to fix it for when we present in the IGF. everyone thinks there is a hidden motive to everything. Too much CSI on television :)

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 14:10:38

It was half sarcasm, actually. I am sure he wants to fix the bugs and tell everyone about that, but it also has another good side too which is dad n me publicity :P. Even if it's not his intentions it works really well, even I played Dad n' Me a few times because (or maybe 'thanks') to this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 14:12:48

The game is working awesome now! =D

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 14:15:43

At 3/20/06 09:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: Sorry for all the Dad 'n Me posts. I've been going through and fixing old bugs to prepare for the Independent Games Festival. I also made the game a lot easier, since so many players have a hard time! So if you are in the mood... Go play Dad 'n Me and let me know if there are any problems!

I made it to the kid with the gun who breakdances. How do you beat him? He just keeps shooting and hitting you!

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 14:17:41

They need more NG regulars.

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 14:57:04

Much easier. I finally beat it. Awesome game to the maxx.

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 15:05:20

It's much easier. I like how Sunchips can only shoot you once or twice before reloading, so it's much easier.

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 15:14:13

Not sure if this bug is known or not. But when you come to a scripted sequence (like the Bully mini-Boss or the final boss) and you are holding an object like a propane tank. If you throw it during the short time you are not normally able to move, the controls freeze up and you don't regain control when you are supposed to. This happened to me twice once when it first came out and when I just played it yesterday.

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 15:18:57

At 3/20/06 01:14 PM, RupeeClock wrote: Haha, whilst I was playing, I zoomed in and noticed a lot of the background images had been changed to bitmaps to speed the game up, nice move tom!

Yeah, it was a lot of busywork, but I try to do everything I can to keep things running fast. :)

People at GDC will have the opportunity mode to play Turbo mode - 45fps, FULL SCREEN... It runs so much better outside the browser.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 15:20:01

yey now it's possible to beat that gangster at the end. Once he got you down before he just kept shooting you until you were dead. Now that isnt the case. It's alot funner when I can win :P

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 15:20:52

I fixed that bug this morning... That was the main bug in the game.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 15:25:27

The frame rate seems to slow down a lot when i move up and down. Otherwise its fine.
Yeah now it is beatable. . . for me :D.

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 15:28:41

Maybe its just me but it the original one worked fine and the updated 30fps made everything so much smoother, but I just tried it now and its running weird. All the sounds are a second or two behind the action (even with the initial play button and intro sounds) and the intro froze for a few seconds. My computer is fast and I havent had that problem before you just updated it. Maybe it is my computer or maybe its firefox... I dunno.

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 15:54:01

mabey skins or darkness meter or blood meter

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 15:55:27

amn you February 10, 2006
Reviewed by: Paolo_Viper

Overall Score: 1
Hey dumbass How dare you put illwill in you animation.Foamy is awsome and you are a bich that doent understand the animation called Foamy.
Burn in hot shit asshole

LOL

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 16:29:32

I definetly like the improvements. I noticed that it moves really fast on low quality, so I expect at IGF it's going to be about that speed on the full screen?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me you'll release this for PS2, even in light of the recent DualShock issues. Pleeeeeeaaase? :D

But yeah, my main issue is with the jumping characters such as the ninjers, and the fact that you can't jump up or block, so it becomes hard to stop them unless i'm running on low quality and running. Outside of that it's just the graphics, but I'm going to say it's because of the browser.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 16:30:19

Only the stupid people with no skill thinks its hard. No you've made it too easy for me :) but the only thing i dont realy like about it now is that its harder to get your rage level up, as with before it was really easy, now it takes longer and you have to kill more people.

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 16:32:28

At 3/20/06 01:42 PM, shadowmonkey321 wrote: every time i try to play dad n me it never starts. there isnt even a preloader theres just a white screen and the one time it did work and i clicked play it did the same thing only the screen was a light grayish color

thats because you have the wrong version of flash....duh!

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 16:36:19

At 3/20/06 04:02 PM, -Reedo11- wrote: I got this weird bug where Ben (I think it was him) was stuck to a wall. Here's a picture.

oh...thats really weird.....i wish i couldv'e seen that

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 16:42:03

At 3/20/06 04:32 PM, BlakeJones wrote:
At 3/20/06 01:42 PM, shadowmonkey321 wrote: every time i try to play dad n me it never starts. there isnt even a preloader theres just a white screen and the one time it did work and i clicked play it did the same thing only the screen was a light grayish color

I have the latest version of flash. I think it doesnt work cuz i have dial up

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 16:50:03

I finally beat Sunchips now its easier, but I was kinda disappointed that it ended right there. I thought we'd get to play as the Dad too.

But who am I to complain, still one of the best damn games at Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 16:50:31

At 3/20/06 04:42 PM, shadowmonkey321 wrote:
At 3/20/06 04:32 PM, BlakeJones wrote:
I have the latest version of flash. I think it doesnt work cuz i have dial up

that might be it because its slower but i wouldnt know what it is then because i have road runner

Response to Dad 'n Me Bug Fixes 2006-03-20 16:57:45

i will do at school tomorrow.

by the way Tom, a little strange idea, but you should have a page on the site dedicated to telling you ways to access NG at school if its blocked. for example, i now know ot just go on the IP (found it on www.netsol.com/whois (Ty Liam)) but im sure alot of the fans and people who come here don't have a clue, so it might be a cool idea.

im not just doing this for me, i think it would actually be quite a good idea, also, im guessing most NGers are still in school, so it makes sense!

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature