00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TarikNakich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

P-Bot, Ratings, etc.

15,721 Views | 62 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-15 21:17:32

Hey, Tom. About the ratings...

You should have more levels than just "Mild" and "Excessive".

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-15 23:00:08

I think there should be more categories. All I've seen are Everyone, Teen, Mature, Adult. And i think it's too simple to get a Teen rating, because if it has Mild Violence, then it's slapped with that rating. And I agree, Clock crew is really gay and steals too much time from our lives. but a few are pretty talented, like that Juicy Fruit, that things rules. But a lot suck way too much. Oh, to Tom and Wade, threatening people about voting 0's might not have been the best way to handle the situation, becaus now authors are hiding behind your warnings and saying "Remember what Wade said, you can't vote 0 on it!" Any author that has to do that to try and protect their work obviously is submitting crap that should be BLAMMED anyways. And a lot of it has to do with how much you like the Flash, as well as how much effort the author has put into it. I've seen total pieces of crap make it through that took a minute to make, and something else of the same quality get BLAMMED even though it obviously took much longer to make.

P-Bot, Ratings, etc.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-15 23:08:44

I like all the changes going on around here. This place is getting more and more complicated behind closed doors, which only is more and more convenient for we the viewers. Thanks, guys!

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-15 23:49:11

could we vote on the p-bot's name and maybe what it looks like?

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 01:58:22

jhey why is the pbot a 13 year old??? i thoguht he was like 3...weird

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 05:35:48

I'd say the rating thing's a good idea. Even though I don't see myself giving a shit about em.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 06:08:30

I dunno about every one else, but I first saw the P-Bot post a few minutes ago. As I haven't been to NG in almost 24 hours. So I guess the post I see is for Thursday. What I noticed is, when it displays the other movies submitted. It posts the authors' name and it is then a link to their movie in the portal. What I was wondering though is, what if they submit 2 movies that day. How will that be handled?

Now to rant about the idiots. Like Wade said, yes, the P stands for Portal. What the fuck else would it stand for? And any one who didn't know what it stood for is either a complete fucking moron or is so new here, they probably don't even know what Club A Seal or Assassin is. The reason P-Bot is 13 in his profile is probably because that is the youngest age listed in NG profiles. If you try and change the birth year in your profile you get this message. "Error - if you are under the age of 13, you can't sign up for Grounds Gold or have a profile. That's just the way it is - sorry! Please go back and try again."

And I saw 2 posts about the clock crew. This thread has nothing to do with the Clock Crew so why don't you 2 (I forgot your names) not worry about the Clock Crew and go whine on the General Board some where else with all your complaints about the Clock Crew.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 06:25:29

At 1/16/03 06:08 AM, Frank2982 wrote: What I was wondering though is, what if they submit 2 movies that day. How will that be handled?

It picks the most popular (by number of views) of the two movies by the same author.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 07:55:16

What the hell?! How could he be thirteen? Doesn't really matter anyway. One beef I have with
P-Bot is that he takes up too much space on the front page... Tom said that every Wednsday P-bot will make a new post (I think). But it's weird that he made two since his inception yesterday. I found it more convenient to just look at the daily top five on the side of the screen. I dunno maybe it's just me. I do however like the "new poular artist submission" thingy.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 09:53:41

the Rating are very good you should make other listing to it though and make them easier to the young users to understand Tom.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 10:33:29

Works for me, Tom-boy. It's as good as it's gonna be at this stage of the game. I like the idea that member reviews will be able to influence the rating system.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 10:37:17

I like all the new additions to newgrounds, but everything does not fit so well anymore (i mean the front page)
You should redesign it a bit so that P-bot (pussy-bot) will have a little space and the news section.
And the rating system.... what to say..... I FUCKING LIKE IT :P

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 10:45:56

That would be nice...

P-Bot, Ratings, etc.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 11:27:09

Hey Tom, good job. The site seems slower, but the general idea and your proactive attitude is going to make this shit work.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 11:44:21

i like the p-bot thing... ver' nice. but i dont understand the need for a ratings system, I mean, whats the point? Im sure people who go on newgrounds dont go on it with their kids at the same time, It seems like an unnecessary thing to add.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 12:11:56

Why would you remove the top 5 box?! There's still an empty space there! Damn!

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 12:18:32

At 1/16/03 11:44 AM, Arbee wrote: i like the p-bot thing... ver' nice. but i dont understand the need for a ratings system, I mean, whats the point? Im sure people who go on newgrounds dont go on it with their kids at the same time, It seems like an unnecessary thing to add.

The rating thing is for like when you are at work. Some people that go to NG are actually adults and they have real jobs. And yet they most likely have a dull day and want to check out NG. So with the new rating system, they will know if they are safe to watch a new movie.

To Apocalypsecow
He said every Wednesday he makes a BIG post. Like a weekly recap. But every day he will post the DTF and what not.

liljim - Cool. I was wondering if it was something like that.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 12:27:34

I never post anything, but I just wanted to say that the amount of involvement and interaction in this site is unbeliveable. You went from just having user ranks and points to blam percentages, batting averages, popularity and now movie ratings and P-Bot. I can only imagine what 2003 has in store.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 13:11:50

At 1/15/03 03:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: It isn't perfect, but it is a start.

It is a great start!

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 15:22:37

At 1/15/03 03:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: Comments? Recommendations?

Yeah, I've got a comment...

All this new stuff is great and all Tom, but I'd like to know when the User Profiles page is coming back? It's been down for around a month for "performance tuning," I used to visit the User Profiles page quite a bit before all these changes started and I would like it back.
So, can you give me a ballpark of when that's going to happen?

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 15:28:11

At 1/15/03 09:17 PM, Boo_Destroyer wrote: Hey, Tom. About the ratings...

You should have more levels than just "Mild" and "Excessive".

Agreed, I think we need a "Moderate." For example, the nudity in Talhasa vs SWATPrincess2, I would certainly not call "Mild." But on the same hand, I wouldn't call it "Excessive" either- "Excessive" to me would be a movie or game where the nudity(or swearing or whatever) played a larger role (such as the "Spank the Bitch" game). "Mild" would be where the nudity was brief and played very little part in the Flash (like a girl flashing someone), and "Moderate" would be where the nudity was somewhere between "Mild" and "Excessive."

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 15:45:08

Dang, thats some pretty good programming, I check the source and etc. Well keep up the good work man.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 17:11:22

NO FUCK U FUZZLENUTS AND SCREW THE 5.O

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-16 17:52:41

Yup, thats kewl. Gives people a chance to be known.

P-Bot, Ratings, etc.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-17 00:02:56

The Ides of March have come and brought much change to Newgrounds.

P-Bot, Ratings, etc.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-17 02:22:29

ok I just want to know one thing? Why does the P-Bot have experence points? And how did he get them ihf he's just a Bot?

Oh and the new rating system is cool. now if you can have the search engines use that it would be awsome. (didn't read if you mentioned that or not)

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-17 16:36:35

I'm not going to bother reading the other comments, but I think it would be better to have a button somewhere on the front page that would open up P-bot's report on another page. I'd like that much more than the current system. Hope you consider this.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-17 18:51:46

Looks great dude, but its just like the normal daily top five post that was on the side, except now, it post in the middle. The site programming has really come along way, and the new rating system for the flash movies are very useful, if you don't want to offend people in the office. Maybe there should be like a spot on the main page for profile reviews, at least i don't think I saw one. Perhaps even make a more advance profile, so viewers can get to know the artist better.

Anyway thats my little two cents on the subject, great job.

cat

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-17 19:04:25

why does the 'Hello NG-fans! P-Bot here, with today's hottest games and movies:' bit at the start of P-bot's post remind me of those Where's Wally (or Where's Waldo in america) books you read when you're 5? ah well, maybe its just me.

P-bot aint bad, i reckon. But i agree with what someone said before me, if his post had a different colour background, and maybe was a bit smaller, it would probably remind people there's other stuff below. but no real complaints. he's kinda cool. also wondering, like other people here, when the user profiles section will be up again.

nawt else to say. nice to see the site aint fallen apart and been completely forgotten about just yet. hopefully that wont happen for a while.

Response to P-Bot, Ratings, etc. 2003-01-17 19:10:57

ahh, just had an idea!

you know the bit at the top of the main page, right under where the menu bar is? where all of the best recent games are displayed, with li'l icons and descriptions for each? like The Skull Kid and Pico's Mansion... why doesn't P-bot's post go there? it displays more or less the same thing - quality, recent flash. Maybe if his thing was changed a bit so it wasn't really a post but just a regularly updated version of whats there now... if anyone gets what im talking about. but i guess that would mean everyone would have to upload little pics for their movies in case they got chosen. just a thought anyway, had to get it down before completely forgot about it.