00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

shingreon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade

1,134 Views | 15 Replies

Hello hello,

I was in a frivolous(sp?) mood today, so I thought I'd scrap my old banger of a computer and order myself a big upgrade!! This is what I ordered:

> Gigabyte GA-7ZM Socket A Motherboard (God knows what I've got at the moment, I got it years ago...)
> 1.2Ghz AMD Athlon (To replace an Athlon 500Mhz)
> 256mb RAM (To replace 64mb)
> 64mb Ati Radeon DDR-VIVO Card (To replace my pants 8mb Ati RagePro...blerg...)

All for the very reasonable sum of 400 pounds sterling (I would have put a pound sign there only my keyboard's bust :P). Pretty cheap huh?? Excluding VAT and delivery too, one of the very few perks of being a technician I guess... :)

-Ed

P.S: Jealous?? Good ;)

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 13:20:29

At 5/2/01 01:10 PM, Hateful_Ed wrote: Hello hello,

I was in a frivolous(sp?) mood today, so I thought I'd scrap my old banger of a computer and order myself a big upgrade!! This is what I ordered:

> Gigabyte GA-7ZM Socket A Motherboard (God knows what I've got at the moment, I got it years ago...)
> 64mb Ati Radeon DDR-VIVO Card (To replace my pants 8mb Ati RagePro...blerg...)

All for the very reasonable sum of 400 pounds sterling (I would have put a pound sign there only my keyboard's bust :P). Pretty cheap huh?? Excluding VAT and delivery too, one of the very few perks of being a technician I guess... :)

-Ed

Not too bad Ed! I sooo wish I even had a little cash to upgrade my machine! hehehe

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 13:24:08

Hey Ed...
Nice Webcam, but do you want an auto refresh script that tells you how much longer is left until the page refreshes? I noticed that your html to the pic was very...er...simple. I don't think the script works in Netscape though. Not too many people go to my site with Netscape (according to the logs), so I'm not worried.

www.solarisdx.net/webcam/cam.html

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 13:26:11

Good work Ed,

I just upgraded to 256MB and I'm currently awaiting delivery of my new 19" monitor. Nice.

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 13:55:34

££££££££££&poun d;££££££££££&po und;££££££££££& pound;£££££££££&pound ;££££££££££&pou nd;££££££££££&p ound;££££££££££ ££££££££££&poun d;££££££££££&po und;££££££££££& pound;££
£400.00 not bad......

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 15:08:04

At 5/2/01 01:24 PM, SolarisDX wrote: Hey Ed...
Nice Webcam, but do you want an auto refresh script that tells you how much longer is left until the page refreshes? I noticed that your html to the pic was very...er...simple. I don't think the script works in Netscape though. Not too many people go to my site with Netscape (according to the logs), so I'm not worried.

www.solarisdx.net/webcam/cam.html

I'll do it in ASP when I redo the site probably :)

-Ed

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 15:11:43

At 5/2/01 01:26 PM, aladinsane wrote: Good work Ed,

I just upgraded to 256MB and I'm currently awaiting delivery of my new 19" monitor. Nice.

19" Monitor...now that I could do with :) Ever seen a 21"?? Amazing, put it in 640x480 and the desktop icons are as big as your head!! Well, not quite ;)

-Ed

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 15:12:56

At 5/2/01 03:11 PM, Hateful_Ed wrote:
At 5/2/01 01:26 PM, aladinsane wrote: Good work Ed,

19" Monitor...now that I could do with :) Ever seen a 21"?? Amazing, put it in 640x480 and the desktop icons are as big as your head!! Well, not quite ;)

-Ed

You guys need to go out and get a girl and have some fun...

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 15:15:56

At 5/2/01 03:10 PM, traekwon wrote:
At 5/2/01 01:10 PM, Hateful_Ed wrote:
(I would have put a pound sign there only my keyboard's bust :P
One could ask why you didn't get a new keyboard too :)

I tell a lie actually traekwon....my keyboard isn't bust. But when I re-installed my PC not long ago I put the keyboard layout on United States and now I can't be bothered to change it back :)

-Ed

P.S: The pound sign may even be on here somewhere, only I can't be bothered to find it...I'm so lazy....

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 15:29:54

One could ask why you didn't get a new keyboard too :)
I tell a lie actually traekwon....my keyboard isn't bust. But when I re-installed my PC not long ago I put the keyboard layout on United States and now I can't be bothered to change it back :)

-Ed

P.S: The pound sign may even be on here somewhere, only I can't be bothered to find it...I'm so lazy....

you copy the symbol from charmap and paste it when you need it, I think.. maybe. Never done it

Bah!! You Americans!! Us British have a dollar sign on our keyboards.....but do you guys have a pound sign?? Nooooooooo :P You have to paste it from the god-damn character map!! Bah!!

-Ed

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 15:59:10

At 5/2/01 01:10 PM, Hateful_Ed wrote: stuff...

Hey Ed, in one of your other posts you mentioned that you got a new hosting account because the one you had didn't support Access databases...did you try using a DSN-less connection?

BBS Signature

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 18:37:46

At 5/2/01 03:12 PM, Vj20 wrote: You guys need to go out and get a girl and have some fun...

Nah I already got one of them and I've decided a 19" monitor is more fun :)

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 18:50:46

Vj20 has the right idea.

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 20:06:24

-Ed

I am not jealous...I am not jealous...I am not jealous...I am not jealous...

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-02 20:49:40

-Ed

Cool. £{_âC¦ô¼æ_ Alt codes are cool.

Response to Ordered myself a bit of an upgrade 2001-05-03 07:21:49

At 5/2/01 03:59 PM, stuporman wrote:
At 5/2/01 01:10 PM, Hateful_Ed wrote: stuff...
Hey Ed, in one of your other posts you mentioned that you got a new hosting account because the one you had didn't support Access databases...did you try using a DSN-less connection?

Yup, I always use DSN-less connections....the support guys say it's becuase of the version of ChilliASP that they're running, which makes it impossible to do ANYTHING with Access Databases :( Bit of a bummer....

And Irish_Boy, shut the fuck up because you're a dick and I don't like you.

-Ed