00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why did Newgrounds stop punishing

646 Views | 9 Replies

Why did Newgrounds stop punishing 2005-12-15 03:52:12

Abusive reviewers? I even see people who make the most abusive reviews and people even click abusive button like me, and the admins don't delete the persons account because the persons a level 12 and shit. Who cares what level they are, if they are fucking being jackass's in reviews, there accounts should be deleted. Anyone else agree?

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Why did Newgrounds stop punishing 2005-12-15 03:53:28

AFAIK, abusive reviewers get banned from making reviews, the accounts don't get deleted.

Response to Why did Newgrounds stop punishing 2005-12-15 04:04:15

Well, thats bullcrap. Because someone wrote an abusive review I saw and they are still reviewing... And they have over 1,000 reviews and it doesn't seem like anyone banned them from reviewing.

Response to Why did Newgrounds stop punishing 2005-12-15 04:07:30

At 12/15/05 04:04 AM, JosephFeliceWilson wrote: Well, thats bullcrap. Because someone wrote an abusive review I saw and they are still reviewing... And they have over 1,000 reviews and it doesn't seem like anyone banned them from reviewing.

There are many different review mods with different policies regarding what constitutes being banned from reviewing. What you might consider banworthy, they might not. Its just like the BBS. Different mods, different styles.

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Why did Newgrounds stop punishing 2005-12-15 04:12:03

At 12/15/05 04:07 AM, mighty_potato wrote:
At 12/15/05 04:04 AM, JosephFeliceWilson wrote: Well, thats bullcrap. Because someone wrote an abusive review I saw and they are still reviewing... And they have over 1,000 reviews and it doesn't seem like anyone banned them from reviewing.
There are many different review mods with different policies regarding what constitutes being banned from reviewing. What you might consider banworthy, they might not. Its just like the BBS. Different mods, different styles.

Yeah I guess calling people fags and retard is appropriate for reviews /sarcasm. And reviews taking specific reviewers instead of talking about the flash animation, most be fine too right?

Response to Why did Newgrounds stop punishing 2005-12-15 04:14:42

Its only a review..

Let dem..

It doesnt affect the movie or somthing.

Besides.. the most commenters r just bored.

Response to Why did Newgrounds stop punishing 2005-12-15 04:18:05

You cant get Deleted from a shitty review, only banned, and that depends how you type it up, if you abuse the movie alot and the author, most likely you will get a ban, and then it could last for ages, its only until the Review Mods deside to unab nyou so live with it

you poopers

Response to Why did Newgrounds stop punishing 2005-12-15 04:18:12

At 12/15/05 04:12 AM, JosephFeliceWilson wrote: Yeah I guess calling people fags and retard is appropriate for reviews /sarcasm. And reviews taking specific reviewers instead of talking about the flash animation, most be fine too right?

I would also assume (I'm not a review mod) that there would have to be a consistent history of abusive reviews for a ban to take place. Any review mods feel free to correct me.

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Why did Newgrounds stop punishing 2005-12-15 04:20:31

People have different standards. As it was said above, it's just a review, and with the what you call 'bad reviews', the flash maker can see that he/she could try and make another flash to entertain all. It's just a review.

Response to Why did Newgrounds stop punishing 2005-12-15 04:28:21

It's possible that review mods haven't dealt with it because there were too few people marking it as abusive. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a tonne of reviews to check, and only dealt with ones that had more than a certain number of people marking it as abusive.

It's also possible the person got banned from reviewing, but made other reviews before a review mod was able to deal with them, so it looks like they weren't banned at all.

I can't really know, you might have to post a link to the review in question and hope a review mod sets the record straight.