00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DunciFlipz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,042,021 Views | 61,060 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:04:21

At 1/27/06 03:55 PM, Mutant_BusterJr wrote: what they should've come up with is a baseball bat with barb wire on it. hmmm....

If any one has ever been to one of NG buddy sites like Retrograde they have cool icons. Bad people, good icons. By the way I like all levels above 11... I'm not too happy with this one... It looks too simple compared the others... But that is just my opinion in this.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:12:45

At 1/27/06 03:50 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
11>12 The boxing gloxes sux hard! I can't wait until I get to level 13 so i can be done with the sucky boxing gloves forever!

Baseball bat does look much cooler than level 10 and 12...

At 1/27/06 03:55 PM, Mutant_BusterJr wrote:
what they should've come up with is a baseball bat with barb wire on it. hmmm....

Mick Foley, anyone? Maybe one on fire...ah, I hope they play with the levels/level icons someday...

Today has been decent so far...50 points on the dot...I should get a decent haul today. I'm also trying to put a little more time in abusive review flagging. Speaking of that, another "Death to It" episode has been submitted...if it passes (likely will, somehow...), there should be lots of abuse there...

Anyone else see this flash last night? ZekeySpaceyLizard is a SS member, and makes a lot of crappy flashes, but this one was great. I wish he made more flashes like that, so he'd be known for his flash skill instead of his...less artistic works.

Well, I'm headed back to the portal. Good hunting/happy flagging, everyone! :salute:

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:17:55

At 1/27/06 04:04 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: If any one has ever been to one of NG buddy sites like Retrograde they have cool icons. Bad people, good icons. By the way I like all levels above 11... I'm not too happy with this one... It looks too simple compared the others... But that is just my opinion in this.

well they do have better ones but i'm more used to our icons. have you noticed their lvl. 27 looks like our lvl. 30?

At 1/27/06 03:58 PM, VicinityOfObscenity wrote: And even better, you'll be done with the fist/hand icons forever except for when you'll get level 17 and 18 which do look like a hand/fist weapon.

but they look more cooler than the other fists, mainly the color.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:22:48

How time flies! This thread is on the verge of reaching three-digit page numbers. I will try my best to become the first one posting on page 100, it will be my honor as a member here. ;) On the side note, I just got my 13500th b/p points a while ago, EGM is in sight now. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:33:12

At 1/27/06 02:58 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: A boxing glove keeps you from breaking your hand's bones during a punch, brass knuckles carry a much stronger punch but may still break your arm. Making you fist now worthless...

I see. In other words, you can punch harder than you would barefisted and get more damage out of the guy, hence making the glove powerful. Makes sense to me. However, by THAT logic, wouldn't the brass knucks be below the glove then, since you have to not punch as hard to keep your arm from breaking?

At 1/27/06 03:07 PM, Major_punk wrote: But what I always thought is that isnt it just like an inch of cushioning between the barbed wire and your bare hand? So like if you really made a good punch the wire would pierce the padding and cut your hand... for every punch.

I was thinking that myself...however, if you were going to be gutsy enough to put barbed wire on your boxing glove, wouldn't you make sure the barbs are facing outward? Otherwise, I'd take you as dumb. :-)

At 1/27/06 03:31 PM, Mutant_BusterJr wrote: well barb wire gloves would hurt like fuck, even more than brass knuckles. as for the spikes on LVL.9, those are actually rhinestones.

Oh, right. For some stupid reason, I was thinking they were on the knuckles...don't ask me why. When I typed that, I wasn't looking at the picture, so I thought it was different. However, padded leather gloves are better than nothing when talking about pure fist protection.

At 1/27/06 04:04 PM, iscRulz wrote: Must of happen when I was awol this was during winter holiday. I am guessing. I think so if the mods really care maybe the posts will be deleted maybe not depends on a number of factors. Well the main point is to keep those kinds of posts out. Look what happened to the NGArmy club to much spam and stuff, I never posted in that thread but thats may happen. I wouldnt be on alert though.

Exactly my point, sir. Clubs like these are observed by the mods on a regular basis, I am sure. With historical precedencts like the BLAM club and the NG Army, it is hard for us to really not be identified as a similar club. Of course, the Barracks really have their own identity, as we are unique from these. Our goal is not to blam, nor save, nor just be our own army. Our goal is to protect the Portal and enjoy ourselves in the Barracks with our fellow Elite Guards. With our 100th page coming up, I'd like to keep that fresh in mind.

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:36:08

so what level will the DEFCON alert will be on for the 100th page? these days almost anything can happen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:40:24

At 1/27/06 04:33 PM, EagleRock wrote: I see. In other words, you can punch harder than you would barefisted and get more damage out of the guy, hence making the glove powerful. Makes sense to me. However, by THAT logic, wouldn't the brass knucks be below the glove then, since you have to not punch as hard to keep your arm from breaking?

That was the entire purpose of my post. To explain how weird the level 11 icon is compared to others/ Congratulations, you got it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:44:26

I believe that the way how levels are divided is based on how deadly each icon is. Say that the icon for level 1 is a harmless lollypop. Lollypop cannot do any damage, that is why it is the icon for level 1. Real weapons (does not include gloves) start to appear from level 13. It is easy to understand that a hammer (level 20) is more dangerous than a fist (level 3), that's how the icons of the levels are divided. It is based on how much the icon can damage. The better the weapon is, the high level it has.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:44:29

DEFCON Update:

The Portal is currently not the opposite of not being the antithesis of the inverse properties of fast. Therefore, let's keep it at good ol' DEFCON 4, shall we?

At 1/27/06 04:22 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: How time flies! This thread is on the verge of reaching three-digit page numbers. I will try my best to become the first one posting on page 100, it will be my honor as a member here. ;) On the side note, I just got my 13500th b/p points a while ago, EGM is in sight now. ;)

Oh yes, it's so nice to see the Barrack and how far it's come. Also, congratulations with your potential Major promotion, sir!

At 1/27/06 04:36 PM, Mutant_BusterJr wrote: so what level will the DEFCON alert will be on for the 100th page? these days almost anything can happen.

It'll be whatever the current Portal's Defence Condition warrants. Just because the Barracks are up to 100 pages means nothing in terms of the Portal.

At 1/27/06 04:40 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: That was the entire purpose of my post. To explain how weird the level 11 icon is compared to others/ Congratulations, you got it.

I did kind of stupidly repeat what you said, didn't I, sir? Sorry about that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:50:13

At 1/27/06 04:44 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: I believe that the way how levels are divided is based on how deadly each icon is. Say that the icon for level 1 is a harmless lollypop. Lollypop cannot do any damage, that is why it is the icon for level 1. Real weapons (does not include gloves) start to appear from level 13. It is easy to understand that a hammer (level 20) is more dangerous than a fist (level 3), that's how the icons of the levels are divided. It is based on how much the icon can damage. The better the weapon is, the high level it has.

Perhaps that would be the idea in theory, but I don't know if I'd really say that the level system represents that. While your example makes perfect sense, it doesn't make sense to me that a double-headed battle axe (lvl 22) would do less damage than a golden gauntlet (lvl 25). Sure, the gauntlet looks cooler, but it really does not do more damage than that axe...

If I had to put forth an opinion, I'd say that there is no real system. I think the whole system is based on what looks "cooler." I'm sure some would agree with me in saying that the level system is very disorganized as a whole. It goes to the point that some people prefer to stay at a certain level rather than rank up, just because of the level. Now, I don't really have a problem with the system, as it is what it is, so I am not one to complain. I'm sure the admin have ideas about what to do with the system at some point in time, but hey...they do it when they do it. I'm in no rush.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:51:44

I noticed something weird on a UJ flash in the portal called Random Dot, when your mouse hovers over it, it says 0 kb but when you click it, on the page it says 61.8 kb.

Strange...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:53:51

At 1/27/06 04:44 PM, EagleRock wrote: DEFCON Update:

The Portal is currently not the opposite of not being the antithesis of the inverse properties of fast. Therefore, let's keep it at good ol' DEFCON 4, shall we?

...:head hurts:

At 1/27/06 04:22 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: How time flies! This thread is on the verge of reaching three-digit page numbers. I will try my best to become the first one posting on page 100, it will be my honor as a member here. ;) On the side note, I just got my 13500th b/p points a while ago, EGM is in sight now. ;)

Good luck and good hunting, sir! May your promotion come quickly!

Death to It 11 passed. :'( At least we can flag some abusive reviews from it...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:55:09

At 1/27/06 04:44 PM, EagleRock wrote: I did kind of stupidly repeat what you said, didn't I, sir? Sorry about that.

Don't worry, I have that effect on people some times. On to portal issues, if god finds some compassion for me or some caffeine I might some how make 100 plus average on the next B/P ranks 51+ update. If not, then surely around 90...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:55:35

At 1/27/06 04:51 PM, KungFuCow wrote: I noticed something weird on a UJ flash in the portal called Random Dot, when your mouse hovers over it, it says 0 kb but when you click it, on the page it says 61.8 kb.

D'OH! Never mind, i guess my computer was just being slow, for a while it did say 0 kb. But as soon as i posted that and went back to check, it said 62 kb. Man, this is one slow piece of $#!%

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 16:59:10

hopefully soon, i'll become a police captain. all i need is 160 more B/P points, which i think can be easily attained by the end of tomorrow. this pales in comparison to what you guys do : (

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:02:55

At 1/27/06 04:55 PM, KungFuCow wrote: D'OH! Never mind, i guess my computer was just being slow, for a while it did say 0 kb. But as soon as i posted that and went back to check, it said 62 kb. Man, this is one slow piece of $#!%

On the NG BBS a there is no need to censer yourself as long as you don't exaggerate. Prime example: fuck, or in your case: shit.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:15:32

In really, a double-headed battle axe will do mucxh more damage than the level 25 golden gaunt. But the thing is that the gaunt is golden, which makes it more expensive. I noticed that all the golden icons have very high levels. So I believe t hat NG logic implies that gold is better than non-gold. :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:22:52

Guys, I have seen someone reporting "Zero Productivity" as a stolen entry in a review. I never saw it before, so I did not blowthe whistle. But did any of you see it on some other site before? If so, please post the link so that we can earn some more whistle points.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:28:07

The portal is getting active, hopefully more entries will come to lift the DEFCON to level 3. Happy hunting, everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:28:38

At 1/27/06 05:22 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: Guys, I have seen someone reporting "Zero Productivity" as a stolen entry in a review. I never saw it before, so I did not blowthe whistle. But did any of you see it on some other site before? If so, please post the link so that we can earn some more whistle points.

Well it says "Albino Black Sheep.com" in the Flash itself, and since the author does not offer explanation, it is very likely stolen. I whistled it.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:29:17

At 1/27/06 01:37 PM, Major_punk wrote: It really didnt make much sense to me, I guess too many key posts were deleted.
Oh well good to see it was all taken care of.

Yes, they were. All you can see is more or less the discussion of how the spam was taken care of afterwards.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:32:47

At 1/27/06 05:28 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
At 1/27/06 05:22 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: Guys, I have seen someone reporting "Zero Productivity" as a stolen entry in a review. I never saw it before, so I did not blowthe whistle. But did any of you see it on some other site before? If so, please post the link so that we can earn some more whistle points.
Well it says "Albino Black Sheep.com" in the Flash itself, and since the author does not offer explanation, it is very likely stolen. I whistled it.

Thanks for the information, I attempted to flag it after read your information. But it has been deleted. Tough luck, I guess... :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:44:34

At 1/27/06 04:59 PM, Mutant_BusterJr wrote: hopefully soon, i'll become a police captain. all i need is 160 more B/P points, which i think can be easily attained by the end of tomorrow. this pales in comparison to what you guys do : (

Hmm...80 B/P a day for two days is nothing to take for granted. Keep in mind the biggest B/Pers here and on NG as a whole only get 120 B/P a day at most on average.

At 1/27/06 05:15 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: In really, a double-headed battle axe will do mucxh more damage than the level 25 golden gaunt. But the thing is that the gaunt is golden, which makes it more expensive. I noticed that all the golden icons have very high levels. So I believe t hat NG logic implies that gold is better than non-gold. :P

Hmm...you do have a point there. If you take away all of the golden levels, it makes more sense. Also, the gold levels as their own ARE ordered in level of damage, if you will. They are, of course, just a repetition of non-gold levels below it, anyway.

At 1/27/06 05:28 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote: The portal is getting active, hopefully more entries will come to lift the DEFCON to level 3. Happy hunting, everyone!

Good point, sir...but I'm still a bit reluctant. If the Portal keeps going at its current pace, then yes, a raise in DEFCON is in order.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:52:34

Page 99 seems to be going forever! It will be a big honor for the member whoever posts first on page 100. By the way, I believe that the portal has shown enough consistancy for DEFCON 3, please do so. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:53:26

At 1/27/06 05:44 PM, EagleRock wrote: Hmm...80 B/P a day for two days is nothing to take for granted. Keep in mind the biggest B/Pers here and on NG as a whole only get 120 B/P a day at most on average.

that was only an anticipated guess, since i kinda think that the average submissions are 150 or so.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:54:04

Congratulations Barracks for reaching 100 pages. And a small pic of simplicity. Now back to work every one.

The Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:55:40

Page 100

Begin the jealousy, ^_~
At 1/27/06 04:02 PM, -Rule- wrote:
17 and 18 are good, but they root from Level 25, the greatest level EVAR!!!!
Imagine me with Elite Guard Supreme Commander status and Level 25. I'll be unstoppable.

That would be pretty sweet level 25 is my favourite icon also the voting power would just be ginormous. (thanks for the review response)

At 1/27/06 03:58 PM, VicinityOfObscenity wrote: At 1/27/06 03:43 PM, KungFuCow wrote: Yes, i've noticed your review long ago, Major_punk sir, but i have not gotten to responding to it yet.
I just want to ask one question. Will you try and respond to reviews you get to that flash quickly or at least sometime?

Thinking about adding him to the responding authors list Bahamut? Maybe not. I really dont know what the qualification is, I still gotta catch upon those 45 pages ive missed.

At 1/27/06 04:04 PM, iscRulz wrote: At 1/26/06 10:02 AM, EagleRock wrote:
Well, we try to stop two-word posts before they start. At one point (I forget when), people were making over 3 pages of posts a day here, almost ALL of them one-liner posts.
I think so if the mods really care maybe the posts will be deleted maybe not depends on a number of factors. Well the main point is to keep those kinds of posts out. Look what happened to the NGArmy club to much spam and stuff, I never posted in that thread but thats may happen. I wouldnt be on alert though.

Like EagleRock said its so important to stop those shit filled posts to keep this club alive and moving.
Right now the majority are good posters and the Barracks has its own style of posting, but as old members move on we are at risk of either getting so slow its forgotten or the new members who arnt familiar with the way things work here may put the Barracks at risk, and by that I mean copying other clubs (Blam club, NG Army) along with the short posts.

So far there has been very little problems with the new generation of members like some of the old members like TITROTU and -Mitsubishi- have moved on, but have been replaced by great members like LittleWashu and space_cowboy101.
Those two individuals are a perfect example (in my opinion) of how the new members learned the posting style of the Barracks and havent brought in the evilness of the general forum. (haha)

B/p schedule I started a daily one in june 05 just like depositing exp I updated.
had date time total points and rank. Now I can laugh when getting to 100th rank only took 14,300 now its up to 17400

Heh ya, im beginning to notice things like that also in my short time here. Like getting into the top 1000 ued to be only 2,500 for me but now its like 3,000 at least.
The top 300 was 7,600 for me and now its 8,000+ and its only been 5 weeks.

At 1/27/06 04:04 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote:
If any one has ever been to one of NG buddy sites like Retrograde they have cool icons. Bad people, good icons.

Just because you posted that link I signed up there and made a post. I'll probibly never go there again but I just wanted to see what all the hype was about... alot of NG users there to.

At 1/27/06 04:17 PM, Mutant_BusterJr wrote: At 1/27/06 04:04 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: If any one has ever been to one of NG buddy sites like Retrograde they have cool icons.
but they look more cooler than the other fists, mainly the color.

There alot more... detailed but honestly and im not just saying this because im a member at NG but I like our icons better. The NG icons more simple its like if you had a choice between a piece of paper to write on or a star shaped raindow coloured piece of paper... I have no idea where im going with this

At 1/27/06 04:33 PM, EagleRock wrote: At 1/27/06 03:07 PM, Major_punk wrote: But what I always thought is that isnt it just like an inch of cushioning between the barbed wire and your bare hand? So like if you really made a good punch the wire would pierce the padding and cut your hand... for every punch.
I was thinking that myself...however, if you were going to be gutsy enough to put barbed wire on your boxing glove, wouldn't you make sure the barbs are facing outward? Otherwise, I'd take you as dumb. :-)

Heh "The idiots guide to winning a boxing match"
Anyway I never said I was going to put barbed wire on my boxing glove.
Thats cheating. >: )

At 1/27/06 04:44 PM, Dream_of_Duke wrote:
I believe that the way how levels are divided is based on how deadly each icon is. Say that the icon for level 1 is a harmless lollypop.

Whatchu talking about? I've choked multiple times on lollypops. They break off in your mouth but are too large to swallow and *choke, gag* followed by *collapse*. : P

At 1/27/06 04:55 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote:
On to portal issues, if god finds some compassion for me or some caffeine I might some how make 100 plus average on the next B/P ranks 51+ update. If not, then surely around 90...

I could ruin the surprise and tell you what you got because I've already added it up for a few users including you, but nah. Im in the range of 60-90 but for some reason I didnt add up my own. I like surprises.

At 1/27/06 05:02 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: At 1/27/06 04:55 PM, KungFuCow wrote:
Man, this is one slow piece of $#!%

On the NG BBS a there is no need to censer yourself as long as you don't exaggerate. Prime example: fuck, or in your case: shit.

Are you trying to promote swearing?

<insert overused text here " BAD INFLUENSE ">

At 1/27/06 05:28 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Guys, I have seen someone reporting "Zero Productivity" as a stolen entry in a review.

Theives just dont put the effort into it anymore do they, anyway its been marked even without my whistle... (I like the whistle song) : (

At 1/27/06 05:29 PM, Andersson wrote:
Yes, they were. All you can see is more or less the discussion of how the spam was taken care of afterwards.

Great, its like reading the last 3 pages of everyones favourite book and having no clue about what its about. I figured I might of learned something from that... I guess I did, mods do read their email. = )

Out of characters! ............. Now!.

The Elite Guard Barracks

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:56:19

At 1/27/06 05:54 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: Congratulations Barracks for reaching 100 pages. And a small pic of simplicity. Now back to work every one.

SON OF A BITCH! if only i counted before i posted. oh well, it's not a big deal. there's always 200. too bad there isn't a prize but defending the portal alongside everyone is a prize enough.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 17:56:50

Thats why I didn't want to post till somebody did frist. I didn't want your 100th page to be me. I just wanted to welcome regslend into the elite gaurds.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-01-27 18:01:28

You guys are so fast, it is not fair! I want to be the first one to post on page 100...>:( (just kidding!) Congratulations on page 100, our Barracks will start a new era!

BBS Signature