00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JohnDickard just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,042,566 Views | 61,070 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 19:43:53

Ya know, despite the loads of spam being submitted lately, I've also noticed some really killer flash coming out, too. My definition of 'the best a flash can be' keeps getting pumped higher and higher. :-D

And it just keeps coming...Bunnykill, Reblammed, FlashBack, Luis' game, half a billion other Pico Day marvels, Madness...just, wow.

It's good time to B/P, eh?

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 20:04:04

At 5/2/07 07:43 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Ya know, despite the loads of spam being submitted lately, I've also noticed some really killer flash coming out, too. My definition of 'the best a flash can be' keeps getting pumped higher and higher. :-D

Although I agree the quality of recently submitted animations has increased, it can also be a possibility that this could be a phase. Maybe it's the influence of Pico day or just the mere coincidence that talented flash authors submitted their spectacular animations so close to each other. Either way, it's great seeing all this talent oozing from the portal. :D

Indeed. =)

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 20:07:50

At 5/2/07 06:20 PM, Hemlok wrote: On another note, anyone see the latest Madness episode? It came out today and I thought it was great, as usual!

It wasn't my favorite out of the bunch, but it was great. Can't help but feel bad for Hank, since he sure as hell goes through a lot every episode. Not even death is an escape from it all.

Seems like the whole clown thing is getting a bit overused by now...

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 20:25:44

At 5/2/07 07:29 PM, PenguinLink wrote:
Why hello there, Hemlok buddy. It's been quite some time you've posted in here. It's great having you back and I'm glad you have everything sorted out that which depicted your absence. :D

Indeed it has. I sure as hell hope it won't be for awhile until I take another break again. This is the best place to post by far! Thanks for your concern.

I missed you guys. :'(
We missed you too. :'3

Awww :')

At 5/2/07 06:20 PM, Hemlok wrote:
On another note, anyone see the latest Madness episode? It came out today and I thought it was great, as usual!
Yes, I had the honor to protect it. :)

I protected it as well. I really enjoyed it. So much senseless violence always puts a smile on my face.

*Salutes*

~Salute~

Haven't done that in awhile. :D
At 5/2/07 07:43 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
And it just keeps coming...Bunnykill, Reblammed, FlashBack, Luis' game, half a billion other Pico Day marvels, Madness...just, wow.

Indeed. I love seeing an amazing flash rolling in the Portal.

It always is.

At 5/2/07 08:07 PM, NeoPikachu wrote:
At 5/2/07 06:20 PM, Hemlok wrote: On another note, anyone see the latest Madness episode? It came out today and I thought it was great, as usual!
It wasn't my favorite out of the bunch, but it was great. Can't help but feel bad for Hank, since he sure as hell goes through a lot every episode. Not even death is an escape from it all.

I agree a hundred percent. I thought there could have been a lot more action. He sure has done a lot, must be fun to have killed all of those guys though.

Heh, it sure is.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 20:51:22

At 5/1/07 03:16 AM, Sterockicy wrote:
Barracks roster – May 1, 2007

Thanks for the update!

Top 5 Gainers:
Special Congratulatory list:
Top gainers, repeat offenders: Sentio, PenguinLink!
New to the list: I-Love-Caitlyn!
Top 3 biggest average rises: SlashFirestorm + 51.1, pepeatumi + 41.4, Snerd + 43.7!

Congrats.

03 // 50170 // 0743 // 053.1 // 004.0+ // X-Naut
04 // 48563 // 0834 // 059.6 // 001.5+ // BlueHippo

Looks like I'm not going anywhere soon.

05 // 44018 // 0549 // 039.2 // 008.7+ // Major-punk

I missed both weekends and could barely get any b/p in let alone deposit. I'm going to start fitting in 20 minutes before school to get a dozen or so more points every week day. So my goal is 50/day for next update.

06 // 43169 // 0800 // 057.1 // 041.4+ // pepeatumi

Your pace improvement has thrown your back in the race and it's probibly only going to rise more. =/

*Salutes*

*salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 20:57:19

Now's a good time to once again whore out the fact that we have new forums! :-D

Everyone who has not already done so, go sign up so I can get you validated and all. Only 8 people have done it so far...

On a side note, I grow very close to 20000 blams. :-D

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 21:19:02

At 5/2/07 08:57 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Now's a good time to once again whore out the fact that we have new forums! :-D

Everyone who has not already done so, go sign up so I can get you validated and all. Only 8 people have done it so far...

Yeah the forums are really nice, Just when alot of the people from here start to join probably be a good idea to appoint some admins and mods. But anyway i hope i can reach that in blams or protects.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 21:40:16

At 5/2/07 08:57 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Now's a good time to once again whore out the fact that we have new forums! :-D

Hooray!

I just did. Lucky number nine.

One more to go. Nice work!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 21:58:52

At 5/2/07 09:40 PM, Hemlok wrote:
At 5/2/07 08:57 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: On a side note, I grow very close to 20000 blams. :-D
One more to go. Nice work!

Got it. Mmm yeah, this is making me horny...

The Elite Guard Barracks

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 22:19:57

Um...so...

If illwillpress made this movie...why is this guy submitting it?

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 22:21:09

At 5/2/07 10:19 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Um...so...

If illwillpress made this movie...why is this guy submitting it?

I only wish I wasn't at work and could blam it!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 22:29:47

So, I decided to review the Turd of the Week, as it's good practice in writing a non-abusive review for a poor flash. Anyhow, seems ol' Koma wasn't too happy and left a rather...poignant response.

I think it may have also been connected to this 'mysterious' instant message I got:

TheSun333 (9:22:26 PM): fuck you faggot dont critisize other peoples work when you do awful line work and animation you fucking faggot bbs fucker get fUCKED
TheSun333 signed off at 9:22:34 PM.

Hm, lol, I wonder.

i'm actually very happy, i haven't had a hate-im in a while :-D

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 22:34:39

Congrats, Slash. I, too, have made my goal for tonight. I should have 2300 b/p in a short time. I have some points on the way. I really have set the bar rather low. SO! I hereby announce that by May 24 that I will be a sergeant. I can make my current goal in no time at all and playing it safe is for pussies. I've changed my b/p habits. Instead of voting on flash at or below 1000 kb, I've started voting on everything. It takes much longer, but I get many more points that way. My goal should be much easier to attain with my new voting way. FUH-Q BITCHES!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 22:44:01

At 5/2/07 10:29 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: So, I decided to review the Turd of the Week, as it's good practice in writing a non-abusive review for a poor flash. Anyhow, seems ol' Koma wasn't too happy and left a rather...poignant response.

Sounds like fun. I'll have to do that again as well. My last one was scored 24/28, my highest voted review I've ever had that I know of.

I think it may have also been connected to this 'mysterious' instant message I got:

TheSun333 (9:22:26 PM): fuck you faggot dont critisize other peoples work when you do awful line work and animation you fucking faggot bbs fucker get fUCKED
TheSun333 signed off at 9:22:34 PM.

Sounds like a low-life response to me. Even a 6 year old can find better ways to use 'Fuck' than that loser.

Hm, lol, I wonder.

i'm actually very happy, i haven't had a hate-im in a while :-D

I can't recall ever getting a hate PM. Maybe I did once, but it wasn't worth remembering if I did.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 22:52:32

Don't forget to check out my topic called "HEBREW MUSTARD" on the EGB forums. I'm going to be showcasing a lot of what some idiots have deemed "art".

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 22:53:12

Sheesh, this place has moved fast this evening. I've been out for a few hours getting my ass handed to me on a tennis court (well, not entirely- I lost the match and then massacred him in an extra set we played for fun :S).

At 5/2/07 10:44 PM, RSQViper wrote:
At 5/2/07 10:29 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Sounds like fun. I'll have to do that again as well. My last one was scored 24/28, my highest voted review I've ever had that I know of.

My best is 69 and 72, and I may well review this weeks TOTW as well- it should be made a regular thing for Barracks members to do as it really is good reviewing practice, plus giving some useful feedback to authors may make a difference (assuming they aren't just mindless spammers...). I remember reviewing an SS submission a year or so back, and actually convinced him to put some effort into his work after that.

Sounds like a low-life response to me. Even a 6 year old can find better ways to use 'Fuck' than that loser.

I blocked everyone that gave me abusive PMs- I actually kind of miss them now, I get so few PMs from people :( (64 at current count, most of which are from the same person).

I seem to be posting more on the other forums than these at the moment- oops!

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 22:58:51

At 5/2/07 10:53 PM, Sentio wrote: I seem to be posting more on the other forums than these at the moment- oops!

Me too. At least we can edit our posts there... (TOM!)

That's ok. We should be able to once we get the revamp of NG.

Like... 5 or 6 years from now.

Or never.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 23:05:15

At 5/2/07 10:58 PM, RSQViper wrote:
At 5/2/07 10:53 PM, Sentio wrote: I seem to be posting more on the other forums than these at the moment- oops!
Me too. At least we can edit our posts there... (TOM!)

That's ok. We should be able to once we get the revamp of NG.

Like... 5 or 6 years from now.

Or never.

Actually the last I heard on that was that it wouldn't be included in the revamp due to the problems it would cause the moderators.

Also welcome back to Hemlok! It's been forever since I've seen you post! Glad you're back.

I'm busy as usual so very little time to post. I did register with the new forums but haven't posted yet. I'm such a slacker! :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 23:06:33

I saw it. It's not the best Madness of them all, but it is another great addition to the series.

At 5/2/07 08:07 PM, NeoPikachu wrote: Seems like the whole clown thing is getting a bit overused by now...

But he's a recurring character. To take him out would make Madness incomplete. That'd be like taking out the ship, from the movie Titanic.

At 5/2/07 08:51 PM, Major-punk wrote: Looks like I'm not going anywhere soon.

And unless you step it up, you never will. :P

At 5/2/07 08:57 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Everyone who has not already done so, go sign up so I can get you validated and all.

Alright.

Quick congrats to Slash for getting 20,000 blams. Just make sure you don't make a mess, while you're at it, k?

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 23:32:24

At 5/2/07 10:53 PM, Sentio wrote: Sheesh, this place has moved fast this evening. I've been out for a few hours getting my ass handed to me on a tennis court (well, not entirely- I lost the match and then massacred him in an extra set we played for fun :S).

Well of course it's moved, I returned today of course! Don't feel too bad, I suck at tennis too. Especially when all my friends go to these tennis camps and make me look like a fool on the court.

At 5/2/07 11:06 PM, X-Naut wrote:
I saw it. It's not the best Madness of them all, but it is another great addition to the series.

Again, I agree. I still think the action could have been better. A good episode despite the lack of violence. I'm not saying there wasn't any violence, but keeping in mind this is Madness we're talking about, I thought there could have been more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-02 23:52:55

At 5/2/07 11:06 PM, X-Naut wrote: But he's a recurring character. To take him out would make Madness incomplete. That'd be like taking out the ship, from the movie Titanic.

I wouldn't take him out, but he's been the psychotic villian for a while now. He was great in the beginning, good toward the middle, but now I think Krinkles needs to cook up some new faces to throw into the mix of things. A pyromaniac would be nice.

Depredation is still the best in my opinion, but this one was quality though. The chainsaw was a nice touch.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-03 00:13:18

When did this happen? I guess I have to take a look at this thread a bit more often.

I signed in.... And I can't post yet but I guess that's part of the pricess.

And you've already passed that mark so congrats.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-03 00:17:11

At 5/3/07 12:13 AM, pepeatumi wrote: I signed in.... And I can't post yet but I guess that's part of the pricess.

Validated you. Haha!

Yeah, teh forums are fun.

Day's End Report:

I don't know. I need to pay more attention. XD

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-03 01:07:09

Days End Report:

Horrible and i am completely miserable. Cause well personal matters are cauing me to be like this i guess. But i guess i better quit talking about stuff like that since it's like really off-topic. So i guessi should say something to end this post with. How was everybodys day end reports?

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-03 05:14:10

Just missed a save on it last night (bummer) To be honest, I didn't think the graphics were as good as Anitpathy (#6) I only hope Krinkles rebounds with #8

At 5/2/07 08:07 PM, NeoPikachu wrote: It wasn't my favorite out of the bunch, but it was great. Can't help but feel bad for Hank, since he sure as hell goes through a lot every episode. Not even death is an escape from it all.

I don't feel sorrt for Hank, he's doing a great job. I think he's enjoying it as well.

I'm not sure. Glad to see Jesus back in this episode, but it loks like there could be a new bastard on the block for #8, so keep your eyes peeled

At 5/2/07 08:25 PM, Hemlok wrote: I agree a hundred percent. I thought there could have been a lot more action. He sure has done a lot, must be fun to have killed all of those guys though.

Still, the chainsaw was funny, as was the huge guy... think I'll call him Mongo

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-03 14:04:33

At 5/2/07 09:58 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
At 5/2/07 08:57 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: On a side note, I grow very close to 20000 blams. :-D
Got it. Mmm yeah, this is making me horny...

congratulations. You kinda seem horny all the time Slash. Mayne you're obsessed?

At 5/2/07 11:05 PM, pwroftheseagoat wrote:
Actually the last I heard on that was that it wouldn't be included in the revamp due to the problems it would cause the moderators.

I don't really see the need for an edit button. If you just proof read your posts then you should never need to change anything. and I'm pretty sure ti would cause more problems than it would solve.

At 5/2/07 11:06 PM, X-Naut wrote:

Yeah, definitely not the best on but It' still definitely worth a watch. Good to see that the series is still going as well after 7 good episodes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-03 14:12:19

At 5/3/07 05:14 AM, Coop83 wrote:

I actually only thought it was ok. It seemed like the action was REALLY slow and dragging in this one. Like nothing happened quickly at all.

And then that huge demon shrunk... and was smaller than the main dude...

Odd.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-03 16:26:22

At 5/3/07 02:04 PM, Solidone wrote: congratulations. You kinda seem horny all the time Slash. Mayne you're obsessed?

Heh, yeah...

Good news for my flash fans (rofl)! I got a new mouse today! :-D

My old, crappy mouse made it very difficult to draw (especially Slash's hair...), but my new one is optical and sexy. The only difficulty will be getting used to how sensitive it is...

But yes, Secret Episode Special 2 draws near! ^_^

:salute:

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-03 18:57:02

Well... it's going to rain here tomorrow so I won't be going fishing with Amanda tomorrow, BUT! I'll probably end up going out to eat with her.

Has anyone heard Richard Cheese? He does lounge versions of rather popular songs. It's pretty funny and cool. I found out about him when I was...
>_>
<_<
legally... that's right... you can't prove shit...
>_>
<_<
downloading some music. He came up in the search results. If you saw the remake of Dawn of the Dead, you heard him do his version of "Down with the Sickness"... unless you got up to piss or something and missed it. It's in there. The best one of his I've heard so far is his version of "Gin and Juice" by Snoop Dogg. He turned it into a country song. Brilliant work.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-05-03 19:05:03

At 5/3/07 06:57 PM, Snerd wrote: Well... it's going to rain here tomorrow so I won't be going fishing with Amanda tomorrow, BUT! I'll probably end up going out to eat with her.

In Soviet Russia, girl goes out to eat with you!

The portal doesn't seem to be wow'ing me as much today. I guess the surge of awesomeness is starting to retreat, sigh...I tried to play The Last Stand today, but it's too high-intensity for my shitty machine to handle. :-(

I needs a new computer...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature