00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

creambee just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Politics

4,264 Views | 41 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Politics 2002-11-05 10:09:37

I'm making updates to the Politics page. Once there is enough content, I plan to break it into subsections. For example, a section for movies about ENRON and corporate greed, another for the past presidential election, one for the War on Terror (basically the Osama page, but I should update that too), and so on.

If you can find political games and movies that we should be showcasing, please list them in response to this posting!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 10:14:40

At 11/5/02 10:09 AM, TomFulp wrote: I'm making updates to the Politics page. Once there is enough content, I plan to break it into subsections. For example, a section for movies about ENRON and corporate greed, another for the past presidential election, one for the War on Terror (basically the Osama page, but I should update that too), and so on.

If you can find political games and movies that we should be showcasing, please list them in response to this posting!

What about a section on democrats and republicians? That would be intresting...

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 10:21:13

At 11/5/02 10:09 AM, TomFulp wrote: I'm making updates to the Politics page. Once there is enough content, I plan to break it into subsections. For example, a section for movies about ENRON and corporate greed, another for the past presidential election, one for the War on Terror (basically the Osama page, but I should update that too), and so on.

Do you think that people would want this? Are there users who care about Politics? Alos I think the new poll is great. I think if you get high enough you should ban aol users LOL just kidding. READ THAT I AM JUST KIDDING. I DON'T WANT USERS GETTING MAD.

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 10:21:43

At 11/5/02 10:09 AM, TomFulp wrote: I'm making updates to the Politics page. one for the War on Terror (basically the Osama page, but I should update that too), and so on.

sooo..... can the osama junk come off of the front page now? im so sick of hearing about it 'yes kent, im at ground zero (i hate that term) 14 months and 8 days after the tragedy......' political page sounds like a sweet idea though.
PEACE

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 10:26:18

Tom... I hate to be the one to break it to you... but its time to get the friggin War On Terrorism link off of the front page! There is way more deserving stuff for that first slot than disgustingly played out 1 year old movies about Osama!

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 10:28:00

I'm first?

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 10:33:51

At 11/5/02 10:21 AM, fourdaddy wrote:
At 11/5/02 10:09 AM, TomFulp wrote: I'm making updates to the Politics page. one for the War on Terror (basically the Osama page, but I should update that too), and so on.
sooo..... can the osama junk come off of the front page now? im so sick of hearing about it 'yes kent, im at ground zero (i hate that term) 14 months and 8 days after the tragedy......' political page sounds like a sweet idea though.
PEACE

yeah... I also think that the osama stuff should get of the front page... its getting old...

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 10:38:13

At 11/5/02 10:28 AM, HeRetiK13 wrote:

I'm first?

No you are not first retard

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 10:49:42

At 11/5/02 10:09 AM, TomFulp wrote: ...For example, a section for movies about ENRON and corporate greed, another for the past presidential election, one for the War on Terror ...

Some of the political stuff can be pretty inflammatory, Tom. Alot of us are still pretty sore about the last election, and those of us in Florida are pretty well pissed about our current Governor situation. (Maybe that will change after today...fingers crossed.) As long as you make it clear that the views do not necessarily represent NG, you might avoid the flaming mail.

It seems that during the last election, the country has become very polarized into Liberals, Conservatives, and Spoiler Parties. With a nearly 50-50 split, proceed with caution.

Politics

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 10:52:02

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 10:54:15

I sugest Z-thing...there really good when it comes to political satire. Just ask them.

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 11:00:39

Well, I'm gonna have to agree with the masses on this. I think Osama needs ta go buh-bye. Why not throw Pico up there?

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 11:18:37

Tom, this could use help after it wrongfully recieved 0s:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=68225

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 11:37:43

At 11/5/02 10:49 AM, Baldhunk wrote:
At 11/5/02 10:09 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Some of the political stuff can be pretty inflammatory, Tom. Alot of us are still pretty sore about the last election, and those of us in Florida are pretty well pissed about our current Governor situation.

florida.....exactly
maybe you morons should kick out all the raft riders and old people who cant figure out a ballot, oh wait thats like 75% of your population my bad!
PEACE

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 12:27:44

sounds cool Tom! Anyways, does anyone know a way to get free flash?

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 12:31:20

At 11/5/02 10:21 AM, Drakflamezero wrote:

Are there users who care about Politics?
- Yes there are, although I do not rely on NG to form any type of opinion. Nothing else is sacred on here, why should we leave the political hacks alone? They are all liars anyway. Some of the flash I have seen is pretty damn funny! I'll be checking the politics page...

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 12:42:04

I mean I guess it would be good to have one. I mean the last poll that was up was about politics. and many voted. So I guess it would do good to have that.

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 16:32:52

yeah a movie called 'refugee' it was number 3 yesterday.... anyway is this in response to my post about how politics is so good!. i might of changed newgrounds(for teh better this time) :D:D:D was it me?!?

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 17:50:50

Sorry in advance.
Im writing this here, becuse I don't know where else i could put it where Tom would see this.
Anyway, so here I am in newgrounds watching movies and after every movie I have to go back to the portal page (which is usually SOOO slow to load up) I would like to suggest that you make a pop-up portal list for the new entries, that way we can just choose from the list without having to wait for the page to download. I may be the only one who has trouble waiting forever for all the new pages to reload but its my suggestion.

NEWGROUNDS RULE!
Thanks for listining.

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 18:47:59

Hey Tom!

I hate to be a bother but, while we're on the subject of fleshing out the Collections:

I submitted a game that took me months to make, a few weeks ago, and for some reason it was really overlooked, even though it got a decent score of 3.51, and got several warm reviews. My game is a 1-2 player fighter which blends the gameplay of Final Fight, Street fighter, and the 3d arcade fighter, Power Stone. It has 10 weapons too :)

I hate to self-advertise so much but I think my game is kinda the victim of "Double-Yolker-syndrome" (a quality submission which for whatever reason got largely ignored and overlooked)

Basically all Im asking is if you (or Wade) could take a quick look at my game and see if it's something you want in the fighting game collection.

Thanks (and I hope I didn't come off sounding like a pathetic loser ;) )

GEEK FIGHTER/

I was never really here.

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 19:19:57

At 11/5/02 07:05 PM, Dobio wrote:
At 11/5/02 10:21 AM, Drakflamezero wrote:

Do you think that people would want this? Are there users who care about Politics? Alos I think the new poll is great. I think if you get high enough you should ban aol users LOL just kidding. READ THAT I AM JUST KIDDING. I DON'T WANT USERS GETTING MAD.
Bwhahaha...I think that would be hilarious if you banned AOL users for one day. AOL is the devil of internet connections.

P.S. Politic movies are great!

Dude alot of people are voting on that poll. and aol is losing. LOL Dude if it is high enough ban them. I mean there slow ass 56k connection slows NG.

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 20:08:41

At 11/5/02 10:33 AM, HeRetiK13 wrote:
At 11/5/02 10:21 AM, fourdaddy wrote:
PEACE
yeah... I also think that the osama stuff should get of the front page... its getting old...

I agree with the rest...get that stuff off the front page...does anyone even care about that anymore? It's so old...no one probably even checks it out anymore...

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 20:44:54

Hey everyone vote on the poll. help ban aol users. that will teach them to use a evil ISP

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 21:27:46

Aw poopie

Politics

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 22:06:43

At 11/5/02 06:47 PM, RiftMaster wrote: Basically all Im asking is if you (or Wade) could take a quick look at my game and see if it's something you want in the fighting game collection.

Thanks (and I hope I didn't come off sounding like a pathetic loser ;) )

GEEK FIGHTER/

Never feel pathetic for pointing out something you worked really hard on! The last game that was completely overlooked on NG (until the author emailed me) was The Skullkid, and that has become one of the biggest hits on the site!

Geek Fighter rocks! I have been dying for a Power Stone style fighting game (and dammit, I still wanna make my own! hehe), so this fits quite nicely! I added it to the fighting games collection, and I'll probably be giving it some other publicity tomorrow!

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 23:43:50

Nobody Cares about ENRON since it was shown that the republicans and democrates were equally involved with them.

ENRON really died as an issuse and failed to catch on as a buzzword, I think it should just be burried and forgoten about.

Response to Politics 2002-11-05 23:55:23

Geek Fighter rocks! I have been dying for a Power Stone style fighting game (and dammit, I still wanna make my own! hehe), so this fits quite nicely! I added it to the fighting games collection, and I'll probably be giving it some other publicity tomorrow!

-Tom

Right on, Tom, I think it deserves more publicity too! And I have the perfect way to give it publicity! Take The War on Terrorism link off of the front page, and replace it with a link to Geek Fighter!

WOOOT!

Response to Politics 2002-11-06 04:17:14

I dont like to vote..its all politics

Response to Politics 2002-11-06 09:39:41

Never feel pathetic for pointing out something you worked really hard on! The last game that was completely overlooked on NG (until the author emailed me) was The Skullkid, and that has become one of the biggest hits on the site!

-Tom

Whoa! Thanks Tom!!! :)
Really appreciate it man :D
Thanks!

I was never really here.

Response to Politics 2002-11-06 09:40:45

Right on, Tom, I think it deserves more publicity too! And I have the perfect way to give it publicity! Take The War on Terrorism link off of the front page, and replace it with a link to Geek Fighter!

WOOOT!

Best Idea I've heard in a long time... heheh ;)

I was never really here.