00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Gustavo-Y-YA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New voting system is operational!

4,361 Views | 55 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-15 21:30:30

At 10/15/02 02:32 AM, hom-e-g wrote: hey you know how there is 4 cut off points when you submit a movie....what does the score have to be to not get cut off every time because i wanna know whether i should blam something or protect something...becoz if its near the threshold i want a protection point but i don wana waist it .

Damn it! You know, it's because of you and other idiots who vote like that, that some people think this new system is a bad change.
You're f*cking the system for the rest of us! Just vote based on what you think of the movie, jackass!

Oh, btw, if you can't tell already, I like the new system. :-)

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-15 21:38:18

Oh, blam points arent gonna be anything to be proud of anymore because people are gonna have thousands now. Protection points? Uh I find that somewhat pathetic but ok its your website. Someone told me they're gonna set up a protection club, (aka anti-blam club).

hahahaha how cute. They will be the demented ones. we get crap off not that im a member but I blam alot. They'd be keeping the crap on the site. I guess the Blam club will have to have a blam schedule. Yep thats gonna work wonders. Most Blam club members are dark but these pussies wont even earn their lightness. about the aura just colors symbols and stuff like that. some names are the purple guys could be the "BARNEY FUCKERS!" pink can be "Not out of the girlie stage" for females and "Pink Fairies" for the males. Black could be of course "Gothic Guardians". Choclate Brown could be "Fudgepackaz" and a more wooden type of brown could be "enviromentalists kiss my ass" with the great Golden axe as the symbol a bat for the goth symbol. Barney with a Machine gun for the Barney Fuckers. Each Color mentioned would be the opposite of the backround color. Goths would have a white backround. Fudgepackaz a silverish backround you know.

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-15 22:22:34

I have 3 actual Blams I want my old Blams back maybe the assisted blams should be taken of or somehow combined with actual Blams ex. 3 real blams 7 assisted Blams= -4 blams plus actual Blams made positive= 1 Blam

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-15 22:22:39

i like cheese

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-15 22:53:51

I seem to be having a problem with voting lately. I go to vote on a movie I've never seen and it comes back with a response saying "error-seems you've already voted on this movie today!" even though I haven't. I also keep getting logged out. So confused...

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-15 23:46:32

Hmph...all of a sudden now I am "Dark." Why do I have a dark aura now? I've always been neutral..until this voting thing thing kicked it.

And while you are at it Wade, how is our Popularity and our favorite movies determined?

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 01:40:14

At 10/15/02 11:46 PM, Detesticus wrote: Hmph...all of a sudden now I am "Dark." Why do I have a dark aura now? I've always been neutral..until this voting thing thing kicked it.

And while you are at it Wade, how is our Popularity and our favorite movies determined?

I posted the same comments earlier but of course, Wade wouldn't answer. And do you know why? Because its a conspiracy! Now I have to be a light gaybo. Dammit. Wade, do I have to be light? Wade? Are you there? Hello? Ahhhhhh who cares I guess.

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 01:57:08

Also WADE!!!!!!!! Why the hell can't I vote on the movies I voted on yesterday? I keep getting error messages and I know goddamn well I didn't vote on those movies today! And when is the Pico animation gonna be an option again? I miss it saying "You raised the score to 3.4478", so you actually know how far away it is from moving up a point, versus now where it just says "You raised it to 3.44" Plus the old school blam animation is weak. You should bring Pico back, only this time he will butt fuck the deleted movie, smoke a cigarette and leave without saying goodbye.

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 04:23:44

good idea to scrap auras, one of my friends movies got blammed cos of ppl wanting dark auras. This was a quality movie im talkin about tho, excellent animation and everything, real impressive. one about gangsters.twas good. but now, tis not.

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 05:47:26

ok ever since wade put a thing on the blam club website saying there would be protection points i decided that we totally need a prtection club. I wanna start a protection club where people submit good movies and people vote 5 on them so they don't get blammed....problem is i don't know the scripts involved in making membership stuf as well as making a thing so the addys come up on the front page.....id love to go in partnership with someone to make the newgrounds protection club and start an all mighty rivalry between blam and prtection that will devide newgrounds and make everything really exciting round here! Who can help Me with writing the scirpts itll make a great site...email me at @ datsgoodshit@hotmail.com please somebody help me...wade?????/

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 06:19:26

Hello... does anyone else hate avril lavigne?! well anyway i hate her... she suckz shit through a sippy cup... wow... that was so beautiful. Anyway... I LOVE NEWGROUNDS.COM! ToM FuLP iS VeRy VeRy SeXy... (i like guys with longish hair... but its not about that... hes jus sexy) And if your wondering... im a girl ... you kno cuz guys usually think im a guy since my name is very.... uh... SEXishness... So yah.. I love the site and i think someone should make a parody for avril lavigne... you kno... since i cant cuz i dunno how and im stupid... ok... bye!

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 06:50:12

At 10/16/02 01:57 AM, creamyspy69 wrote: Also WADE!!!!!!!! Why the hell can't I vote on the movies I voted on yesterday? I keep getting error messages and I know goddamn well I didn't vote on those movies today! And when is the Pico animation gonna be an option again? I miss it saying "You raised the score to 3.4478", so you actually know how far away it is from moving up a point, versus now where it just says "You raised it to 3.44" Plus the old school blam animation is weak. You should bring Pico back, only this time he will butt fuck the deleted movie, smoke a cigarette and leave without saying goodbye.

Popularity is based on how many times your profiles is viewed by different people.

Auras will soon be user selectable, if not already, so don't worry about what they are at the moment as you will soon be able to change them.

The Portal didn't reset last night cause the site was going berzerk and I just reset it now, so try voting now.

We are working on why the site went berzerk and trying to prevent that from happening again.

Pico will be back as soon as Tom sets it up so it stays cached in people's browsers. We also may make it optional through the user settings. MACs and browsers that can't cache it will be forced to the text voting page, which we could modify to show the longer score.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 06:53:00

At 10/16/02 05:47 AM, hom-e-g wrote: ok ever since wade put a thing on the blam club website saying there would be protection points i decided that we totally need a prtection club. I wanna start a protection club where people submit good movies and people vote 5 on them so they don't get blammed....problem is i don't know the scripts involved in making membership stuf as well as making a thing so the addys come up on the front page.....id love to go in partnership with someone to make the newgrounds protection club and start an all mighty rivalry between blam and prtection that will devide newgrounds and make everything really exciting round here! Who can help Me with writing the scirpts itll make a great site...email me at @ datsgoodshit@hotmail.com please somebody help me...wade?????/

No need to do that. The BLAM club only BLAMS CRAP movies, they vote fairly on good movies. However the BLAM club maybe come known as the BLAM PROTECTION club. Their main focus would be to watch for crap movies that are being voted up by friends of the submitter and counter act their cheating. Or if a good movie is being unfairly attacked they would help protect it.

Protection Points and Blam Points will soon determine your voting rank. Your rank will be identified by cool new icons we are working on, and you will also get a little extra vote power as your rank goes up! So for those who think BLAM points and PROTECTION points are worthless, nyah nyah!

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 11:08:20

Entries Submitted Yesterday:

Entries Deleted Yesterday:

heh...looks like the new system for getting rid of the crap is working...

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 11:14:27

At 10/15/02 01:56 PM, MrPrez wrote: This will get a lot of crappy movies blammed. Which is good ofcourse. It's like you said, lots of people wait to vote, just to get the blam-point.
i think we'll be expecting quite some movies to be deleted the next few days.
I don't see how it's possible that so many people don't understand this new system. It's so easy.

Yup, a lot of movies are taken down which is not really a bad thing. We'll have to wait to see if this will stop in the future or not...

Long time no see, Mr. Prez, what have YOOOUU been doing? :)

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 11:53:21

Protection Points and Blam Points will soon determine your voting rank. Your rank will be identified by cool new icons we are working on, and you will also get a little extra vote power as your rank goes up! So for those who think BLAM points and PROTECTION points are worthless, nyah nyah!

I like the idea. I really think it will help clean up NG. I also read in this thread about BLAM assists, and actual BLAMS. I think that is a GREAT thought! It would still give credit to the one who actually rids NG of the flash, and also gives credit to the people who help put there. I know that would take some more work on your end, but I think it would cool if we had that.

Wade & Tom - You guys have a hell of a lot of work to do keeping this site up! I must say that you do an exemplary job at it. I just want to say that your efforts, although not always well liked, are always appreciated!

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 13:52:02

Hey Tom Fulp,
I very much enjoy your little production you call "Newgrounds." Many things on this site make me laugh, some make me cry, and most importantly they make me jism. Yes I love to use your little website to get off on my kinky sex jollies. It don't get any better than this, I'll tell you that much. I was wondering why you made something so great, so fantastic that it comsumes my whole life. I recently quit my law firm to pursue a lucrative career in making flash films. My wife left me on the count of it but hey, I couldn't give less of a rats ass - I hated that filthy whore anyway. God, do you have some sort of spiritual cult following that I may be able to join? How about a fan club? I could be the president of your fan club. That would be great! Please, I'd dring a gallon of pigs blood to be one of your worthless lackeys. Let me be in, I'll do anything, except for that - well okay, I'll do that.

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 19:53:32

At 10/14/02 11:08 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Just to clear up some confusion the new voting system is operational and has been tracking votes since the evening of 10/13/02. We have not had a chance to add the PROTECTION point totals to the profiles yet, but they are being tracked so you will get credit for any movies you protected since the voting system went into effect. Again if you vote 0 or 1 on a movie and it ends up being BLAMMED, you get a BLAM point. If you vote 2-5 on a movie and it ends up being protected you get a PROTECTION point. If you vote 2-5 on a movie and it is BLAMMED you get no points, and if you vote 0 or 1 on a movie and it is protected you can no points. Only your first vote is recorded, so make sure you watch the movie and vote honestly.

www.stickdeath.com

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 20:21:11

At 10/16/02 07:53 PM, xitosucks wrote:
At 10/14/02 11:08 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Just to clear up some confusion the new voting system is operational and has been tracking votes since the evening of 10/13/02. We have not had a chance to add the PROTECTION point totals to the profiles yet, but they are being tracked so you will get credit for any movies you protected since the voting system went into effect. Again if you vote 0 or 1 on a movie and it ends up being BLAMMED, you get a BLAM point. If you vote 2-5 on a movie and it ends up being protected you get a PROTECTION point. If you vote 2-5 on a movie and it is BLAMMED you get no points, and if you vote 0 or 1 on a movie and it is protected you can no points. Only your first vote is recorded, so make sure you watch the movie and vote honestly.
www.stickdeath.com

That site is fucking shit compared to good ol' NG.

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 22:53:26

Wade the guy who made topless tetris 2 has alien hominid on his site. If its the same person who created skullkid thats on the site too. http://www.rudeplay.com/homepage.htm is the site. Thank you.

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-16 23:15:27

So...

What will earning a PROTECTION point on the Pico animation look like?

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-17 00:15:49

JUST TO SPICE THIS UP....

one shouldnt be able to get protection/blam points if the movie is red, green, or blue.

its too easy.

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-17 00:42:18

Are you gonna ad a new records stat like who has the most blams so we can see who has like the thousands.. it would be cool.. would also be cool to see more record totals on the stats page...

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-17 11:24:36

I'm new to the voting, so i'm not sure what is new or old but I don't care this site rocks!

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-17 16:16:46

At 10/17/02 11:24 AM, DJViper wrote: I'm new to the voting, so i'm not sure what is new or old but I don't care this site rocks!

Hey DJ! You ARE so fucking retarded!!!!!!!!!

Response to New voting system is operational! 2002-10-21 20:02:51

At 10/16/02 08:21 PM, Boo_Destroyer wrote:
At 10/16/02 07:53 PM, xitosucks wrote:
www.stickdeath.com
That site is fucking shit compared to good ol' NG.

No site will ever be as great as N.G.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature