00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,809,777 Views | 88,034 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 07:46:31

At 8/31/04 07:42 AM, Dave_mac_dave wrote: It's be shocking if you missed a deposit. I mean, you could be enjoying yourself, but no, you'd rather concern yourself over 10 points.

Well im just depositing, b/ping a bit in the mornings and some evenings, but other than those times im vacationing^_^

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 09:28:34

Shitfuck. I dunno how many pages ive missed, so im gonna say congratulations to everyone who deserve it, in either levelling up, gain BP, Posts XP, Vp or anything else.

I currently have the mother of all hangovers a 3 day binge on booze and *ahem* other things. I have one of the most embarrassing stories ever to tell you guys, but i think i will save it for later....Lets just say it involves me, partying, nakedness, urine, fighting and being a bitch :)

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 09:53:12

At 8/31/04 09:28 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: I currently have the mother of all hangovers a 3 day binge on booze and *ahem* other things.

HEYYYYYY, Give this guy some Advil....quick!

I have one of the most embarrassing stories ever to tell you guys, but i think i will save it for later....Lets just say it involves me, partying, nakedness, urine, fighting and being a bitch :)

Heh, sounds like fun! Can't wait to hear it :)

Those stories always end up with the guy sleeping for three hours behind a 7-11 or something. I just hope it wasn't you that was nekkid.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 09:57:01

At 8/31/04 09:53 AM, RedCircle wrote:
Heh, sounds like fun! Can't wait to hear it :)

Will post it in general after work.

Those stories always end up with the guy sleeping for three hours behind a 7-11 or something. I just hope it wasn't you that was nekkid.

Or climbing out of taxi windows, and yes i was nekkid drunk and shall we say urine stained.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 10:03:35

At 8/31/04 09:57 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Will post it in general after work.

Shweet :D

Or climbing out of taxi windows, and yes i was nekkid drunk and shall we say urine stained.

Even better yet, last month, I don't know who made him do it, but my friend ended up getting naked, going to the third story balcony, and jumping onto the tree outside of the window, and climbed all the way down.

True story.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 14:15:03

At 8/31/04 09:28 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Shitfuck.

Bugnuts.

I currently have the mother of all hangovers a 3 day binge on booze and *ahem* other things.

Heh. I'm still on my binge SCD. Once I'm done depositing for everyone and their relatives I'll be grabbing a taxi to the nearest cold beer and wine store. My head is spinning and I love it. Can't say I'll feel the same way tomorrow.

I have one of the most embarrassing stories ever to tell you guys, but i think i will save it for later....Lets just say it involves me, partying, nakedness, urine, fighting and being a bitch :)

Cool. My night was interesting too. If I hook up with my 2 buddies again today things could get scary. It all started early last night while we were cruising around Burnaby and John noticed some gas station had significantly dropped it's price. We'd been drinking of course...

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 14:15:56

BREAKING NEWS!!!!
But WHO is this 'Joe' that I speak of...
only I (and cool_penguin_0) know the answer!
BUN BUN BUNNNNNN

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 14:24:18

At 8/31/04 02:18 PM, deck_head_tottie wrote:
At 8/31/04 02:15 PM, j00bie wrote: BUN BUN BUNNNNNN
Haha! Yeah, just for the record guys I was joking. I think j00bie knows, although I'm not too sure.

LOLOL!!!
I never said who it was... you just gave yourself away!
hahaha! FEWEL!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 14:27:21

Score! Rank up! Private 1st class now...

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 14:31:31

At 8/31/04 02:26 PM, deck_head_tottie wrote: Gave myself away to what? It wasn't even me who did it the first place, I thought I'd give an explanation just in case.

K, I BELIEVE YOU ::shifty eyes::

At 8/31/04 02:27 PM, --delteated-- wrote: Score! Rank up! Private 1st class now...

OOOHHH!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 14:39:33

I would still rather know who Recon's alt is.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 14:44:20

At 8/31/04 02:31 PM, j00bie wrote:
OOOHHH!

Yeah yeah, just because you're 27 and a half ranks above me or whatever, doesn't mean I'm not happy :p

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 14:57:45

Good job delteated! (better than j00b's OHHHHHH comment)

Oh, and blam this trash. I don't know how it is at 1.98, but its crap.

It's called "mr. the paperboy"

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 15:03:52

At 8/31/04 02:57 PM, RedCircle wrote: Good job delteated! (better than j00b's OHHHHHH comment)

Oh, and blam this trash. I don't know how it is at 1.98, but its crap.

It's called "mr. the paperboy"

Thanks for voting, ShittyKitty!
Your experience points gave you a voting power of 5.46 votes. Your blam and protection points gave you an additional 20% of your experience power, meaning that your total vote power was worth 6.55 votes!

The more experience points you have combined with BLAM and PROTECTION points, the more your vote is worth!

You gave this entry a 0, lowering its score to 0.20!
If this movie is blammed you will get a BLAM point!
Your experience points have been deposited already today. Thanks for doing the overtime!

It's not at 1.98 anymore!! >:-D

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 15:09:04

At 8/31/04 03:03 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: It's not at 1.98 anymore!! >:-D

Very reassuring, indeed. Thanks for calming me down.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 15:23:19

I blammed that too... What a pile of shit!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 15:53:14

Hey, i'm not sure if you guys noticed, but I haven't been on much at all. I've missed a few days deposits and have been to busy with other matters as well as some computer problems(I'm pretty sure I have a ton of virus', spyware and adware on here)

Is there anyone(I can trust. I'm not giving my account to just anyone) who can deposit for me for an undeclared amount of time?

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 16:14:25

At 8/31/04 04:09 PM, deck_head_tottie wrote:
Or, your best bet is Jon. [to deposit]

Dunno about that, I may be going without t'internet for a while in a couple of weeks and will need someone to deposit for me, unless you meant another Jon.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 16:15:24

At 8/31/04 03:53 PM, -LionHeart- wrote: Is there anyone(I can trust. I'm not giving my account to just anyone) who can deposit for me for an undeclared amount of time?

well, I did deposit for Canada_Rules a while ago...
and am currently already depositing for Crossofdevil...
but if you REALLY want to have someone you can trust, i reccon BonusStage.... he already has a shit load of people to deposit for, and he gave them all (at least mine) their account back.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 16:57:20

At 8/31/04 04:14 PM, jonthomson wrote: I may be going without t'internet for a while in a couple of weeks and will need someone to deposit for me.

you can trust me with your mod abilities ::shifty eyes::.
No, but seriously... I already am currently depositing for others...

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 17:07:51

At 8/31/04 04:53 PM, BonusStage wrote:
Heh just checked it again, ugh and yet again the job was done, also seems delteated "discontinued" my services heh, i was going to check today but i guess he changed the password, whatever though, his loss :D

I always change the password back when I get back - I just prefer it that way, twasn't anything personal :D

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 17:09:48

At 8/31/04 04:57 PM, j00bie wrote:
At 8/31/04 04:14 PM, jonthomson wrote: I may be going without t'internet for a while in a couple of weeks and will need someone to deposit for me.

Hahaha. I wouldn't get your hopes up on that account. I can imagine you with his account, changing the alias, deleting random posts & signatures and banning...me. :)

And I think I may give you my account, but i'm gonna check in with one other user who is depositing for about 4 accounts, just in case.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 17:18:09

At 8/31/04 05:09 PM, -LionHeart- wrote:
At 8/31/04 04:57 PM, j00bie wrote:
Hahaha. I wouldn't get your hopes up on that account. I can imagine you with his account, changing the alias, deleting random posts & signatures and banning...me. :)

Just think...
a full week and a bit with j00bie having mod powers...
BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN dunnanuh-nuh-nuh-nuh---DELETE! (sung to the tune of that 'CHARGE' song they play at baseball games and stuff...)

And I think I may give you my account, but i'm gonna check in with one other user who is depositing for about 4 accounts, just in case.

BonusStage already has a shit load.. but check with him anyways =O

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 18:25:30

At 8/31/04 05:18 PM, j00bie wrote: BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN

If I gave it to someone who wasn't a mod to look after, I'd have liljim turn off the mod powers temporarily.

On an unrelated point, I've got a bit of a Wikipedia addiction at the moment. The Newgrounds entry is fairly interesting, although the mention of the Lock Legion leads me to believe that a LL member submitted the entry. Apart from existing, I can't remember one thing they've ever done.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 18:26:09

Lionhearts name change isnt too great...
he just changed his account too '-LiquidSnake-.

Tisk, Tisk, Tisk...

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 19:24:29

Recon, we must sign on AIM together sometime and talk, i think we could share some interesting booze stories.

Lionheart, give me your account, i will not be silly with it, ask Delteated i never even posted with it.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 19:28:23

At 8/31/04 06:25 PM, jonthomson wrote:
At 8/31/04 05:18 PM, j00bie wrote: BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN
If I gave it to someone who wasn't a mod to look after, I'd have liljim turn off the mod powers temporarily.

well then, theres more reason to trust me with it, seeing as i was simply joking before =O

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 19:30:58

At 8/31/04 07:24 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Lionheart, give me your account, i will not be silly with it, ask Delteated i never even posted with it.

True - he was an absolute dude with it and I got it back in immaculate condition!!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 19:41:35

At 8/30/04 04:39 PM, BonusStage wrote:
Along with submissions marked UJ that are already saved or blammed, i've run across those more and more often as well :(

Flash that "does not exist" when you go to vote on it are just you being slow. When you pulled it up to view it, it was over 95, 145, or 195 votes, depending upon which cusp it is on. By the time your vote was made and processed, the deciding vote (100, 150, or 200) had already been cast and someone, somewhere was watching the blammer movie.

As to the flash that have already passed judgement but still have a UJ grey background, I've explained that a few times. Once again, it's because of the way the php is coded to write the portal page. It assigns background colours to the links in the table list. This is done every time the list itself changes, not when something on the list changes status.

Changing the list means changing what's on it. This occurs only when a new flash is submitted and added to the list, or something gets blammed or flagged and is removed from it. The mouseover tooltips indicating the score (and size if the author alters that) change under the same circumstances, but also are scheduled to update (I think) every 5 minutes, as they will change during lulls. I've never actually watched a flash at the 2.99/3.00 or the 3.49/3.50 cusps during a lull to know for sure, but it's a safe presumption that their green and blue backgrounds follow the same schedule as the mouseovers (update at list change or by preset schedule, whichever comes first). If there is a similar schedule to remove the UJ grey off a passed submission, I've never witnessed (and noticed while I was witnessing it) a lull long enough for it to have elapsed.

At 8/31/04 03:56 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
Hit a cool postcount (1234, 1337, 2345, 3456, 4321, 5000, 6543, 6666, etc. etc. etc.), stay there for 3 days, yadda yadda. I have probably 150 postcount screenshots of my own nifty postmarks. Every single 100th post + other cool ones like some of the above.

Ah, ok ... and here I thought I was gdoing you a favor ;)

At 8/31/04 03:58 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
I intensely dislike webmail; I've always had, and always used, a POP/SMTP account with a mail client on my OWN computer.

Same here. Think of webmail like a PO Box, while pop is your own mailbox. I had a PO Box once a long long time ago ... it was nice as I knew my physical address was going to be changing (within the same general area) every few months for the next year, but once that stopped so did my use of the box. Webmail is nice for certain things like that, but I don't use it generally.

At 8/31/04 04:00 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
Now to bribe Crono/Joe/whoever else to miss some deposits for Miikro so I can stop being tied with him EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DAY.

LOL ... I haven't stalled yet, but there's a few people who I'm following ... or (shades of Memento) are they following me. If you understood that reference, that's my favorite line in the entire movie.

Paperclips?!?! Hey now, don't diss 15, 15 is nice, too. You'll be longing for a level as good as 15 when you're in 17land. ;_;

I'll have that soon and I should downgrade to 9k BPs when I do ... then I can change my name to Paperclippershchtiker

That whole alt thing was beneath notice. Slamming Recon was obviously the primary goal, but simply by responding to him and acknowledging his presence people made it worth it for him to keep logging onto it and continuing the fracas.

Congrats on EGBrigGen, Syme. And on finally passing 100 posts.

Heh, didn't even notice that. It's a scary world when even she has 3 digits in her post count. We'll know the world's going to hell in a handbasket when she gets 4 lol

Ha ha ha ha ha! (Get Fuzzy style pained/halting-laughter)

:-P~~~

Make gfox worry that I'll pass him in blams. Make Recon and Bila worry that I'll pass them in saves.
The first part of that goal of yours is impossible. I've never worried, and never will, about people passing me in blams.

Only in overall b/p and saves alone.

~piffle~ Well, my target for the end of the year is now 42k total, so maybe that pace will worry you ;) Although the goal is not unreachable, it may be unreasonable to expect that I'll have enough spare time to hit 90/day for the rest of the year with that specific split. At pace, 30/13 is more likely. We'll see how it goes.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-08-31 20:00:58

At 8/31/04 04:04 AM, FlGMENT wrote: I understand that going through all the old movies and raising their votes would take yonks and there is no urgent need for it at the moment, but who knows what the future holds?

It's been 100 since long before I started, and only just got bumped to 200. It's not worth it to even <think about notching it up again ... for quite a while. I'm still kind of ticked that when they inserted the templist as Secret 3, they upped secret 4 (5) to 30k XP and still haven't dropped it back to 15 now that the templist "secret" is gone again.

At 8/31/04 07:26 AM, BonusStage wrote:
Wow, so wait how many votes did submissions used to need before that, and what was the "size" of the portal at the time.

Prior to that, they needed 100 votes. It may have been less even earlier, but it's been 100 the entire time I've been here.

Keep in mind that if a flash passed judgment at 100 votes, it needed 100 votes to get to 200 ... and we could only vote on it once per day per IP/ID. There were ~25k flash on the templist to start, so if there were 5000 flash at 150 votes, that's a quarter of a million votes required right there.

heh hell of a lot of points for those that want to go up in ranks though, but...

We ddin't earn any points for it. AFAIK no one got anythng except "thanks." I averaged something like 500 votes/day, while Joe and Greg were well over 1k/day, so if anyone got anything it should have been them.

The "whiff" I mentioned was when James ramped the minimum up to 200. All of a sudden everything under 200 votes was back under judgment. The requirement was reset to 100 within a couple of minutes, so no points after that. Fortunately, only a handful of flash were lost during that ... they were already under 1.6 and had near 200 votes so ended up being blammed when they got to 200, despite having passed earlier.

No doubt they have learned from that last time, so if they raised the bar to 250, 500 or whatever, we'd simply have a listing set up that parsed the entire portal down to just show us what was under the target for the new minimum. Once everything is above that, then the new minimum is implemented.

At 8/31/04 07:35 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: 3 Days ago i was 56, now im already 60. In that pace i'll be 100 when i'll get back >:(
Well umm BonusStage, im gonna deposit at mornings those days while im in canada, but you need to deposit while im in USA ;)

I still think you'll be around 75. The reality is that you pased, right before you left, a number of fast moving folks. A lot of the people the group of you passed alng the way are slow or stalled. Dropping down to, or out of, the top 100 is unrealistic IMO.

At 8/31/04 07:42 AM, Dave_mac_dave wrote: drivel

Guess whose back from their last ban ...

At 8/31/04 02:27 PM, --delteated-- wrote: Score! Rank up! Private 1st class now...

Grats

At 8/31/04 02:39 PM, RedCircle wrote: I would still rather know who Recon's alt is.

Grammar my dear, grammar. It's I would still rather know who Recon's alts are.

At 8/31/04 04:15 PM, j00bie wrote:
and am currently already depositing for Crossofdevil...

Ah, so that's why his BP rate dropped so much.

At 8/31/04 05:17 PM, BonusStage wrote:
Alright, IT BETTER not be personal or else *teh angri faic* ;P

It's just the safest way to be ... always do things like that. When I've depositted for others, I've insisted that they change it to something else for while I'm depositting. When they don't have to invent a new password, just change it back to whatever they were using before. I also then do not have to worry, if something later happens to the account, that they are going to blame me, since I no longer have the password. ~shrug~ it's kind of like SK's programs. Nothing against him, but anytime I d/l a program I run it through virus and trojan scanners, then parse through it with a hex editor looking for keyloggers and such. Whether I trust him or not is immaterial. It's a good habit to have anyway, plus if I whiff at some point in the future and end up with someting on my computer, I know it's not from him and he knows I know it's not from him.