00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JohnDickard just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,809,507 Views | 88,034 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 17:46:27

At 6/5/04 05:37 PM, Mr_Pop_Alot wrote: Unrelated note: I helped my uncle bail hay all day (and my daily b/p rate is currently suffering). But he gave me 70 bucks, and I thought I was was just doing a family member a favor. I had no intentions to get paid, but my poor college ass is definately not going to turn down 70 dollars.

Nice! I was I had that thing called...money. :) I'm broke.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 19:12:46

At 6/5/04 05:46 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
Nice! I was I had that thing called...money. :) I'm broke.

That's what jobs are for...

Yay, just got back from a beer festival. Nice. Some good beers, heavily shoed the raffle, was up on the evening pretty much. A good night.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 19:14:01

At 6/5/04 07:12 PM, jonthomson wrote: That's what jobs are for...

Yeah, i'll have to get one this summer. :(

Yay, just got back from a beer festival. Nice. Some good beers, heavily shoed the raffle, was up on the evening pretty much. A good night.

Sounds like a good way to spend a day. ;) lol

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 19:16:26

At 6/5/04 07:14 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
Sounds like a good way to spend a day. ;) lol

Yes, it is. Beer festivals are great. Not sure how the whole concept of "real ale" translates over the pond, but it was good. Pretty much all the beer was gone (went to the last session of five, work and that), but still got in a few good pints. Oh yes.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 19:20:51

At 6/5/04 07:16 PM, jonthomson wrote: Yes, it is. Beer festivals are great. Not sure how the whole concept of "real ale" translates over the pond, but it was good. Pretty much all the beer was gone (went to the last session of five, work and that), but still got in a few good pints. Oh yes.

...Now i'm thirsty. :( lol
Well, good to hear we have a drunk mod on our hands :). They should have just given _altr_ modish powers. That would have been just as great. :D lol

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 19:23:23

At 6/5/04 07:20 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
They should have just given _altr_ modish powers.

I'm in a permanent state of drunkenness. What's worse, in four or so months, I'm becoming a student again...

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 19:26:52

At 6/5/04 07:23 PM, jonthomson wrote: I'm in a permanent state of drunkenness. What's worse, in four or so months, I'm becoming a student again...

Thus, more partying, drinking and, if time permits, studying. :D Cool to know you're going back though.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 19:29:38

Pure nice sig.

Just got back from helping someone move in.

Finally I might be able to get blam and protection points since I just got my computer in almost full working order. I am just checking to see what I trouble shooted is what I think. I just changed the jumpers on the motherboard. To 200 MHz. Gives me 1250 MHz in CPU speed so right now I am looking for a fan that can keep my CPU at the Degree 46 in C.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 19:33:47

At 6/5/04 07:26 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
At 6/5/04 07:23 PM, jonthomson wrote: I'm in a permanent state of drunkenness. What's worse, in four or so months, I'm becoming a student again...
Thus, more partying, drinking and, if time permits, studying.

Considering I'm going to be paying £4,000+ out of my own pocket to get a decent degree, the study comes first. Then the working to pay for it, then the drinking, then the partying :-)

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 19:40:12

At 6/5/04 07:33 PM, jonthomson wrote: Considering I'm going to be paying £4,000+ out of my own pocket to get a decent degree, the study comes first. Then the working to pay for it, then the drinking, then the partying :-)

Makes sense. Just don't forget about NewGrounds. :)

And thanks for sig compliment KOOL. Good to see your getting back to your B/P habits. Bad news for those of us behind you in the ranks. Ahem. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 19:45:10

At 6/5/04 07:12 PM, jonthomson wrote:

What were some of your favorate ales, lagers, pilsners, anything? I'm always curious to see what is floating around "over the pond" heh.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 19:48:54

At 6/5/04 07:45 PM, Mr_Pop_Alot wrote:
What were some of your favorate ales, lagers, pilsners, anything? I'm always curious to see what is floating around "over the pond" heh.

It's not so much of what's my favourite beers. Unless you're coming over the pond, there's not much point saying what my favourites are, because they'll never get exported over to America. Just try and grab some Newcastle Brown, that's a good beer. Most of my favourite brews are local beers which for the most part don't leave the region which they're brewed in, let alone the country.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 20:08:59

Ahhh, jon likes the moonshine brewed in his own still. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 20:26:42

At 6/5/04 11:53 AM, thegreatmorph wrote:
At 6/4/04 10:49 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: four nominations
Nice choices recon, i would have picked something quite similar. although it would be good if i were up there. At least i can hope for next time of being nominated :-)

You still could be morph. Like I said before if anyone feels like nominating someone then go for it. The actual voting hasn't started yet. If we don't hear from gfox in the next couple of days I'll start sending the Wi/Ht? members e-mail reminders to "cast your vote". It's the least I can do for him seeing as I made such a big stink about missing the last election.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 20:45:36

At 6/5/04 08:26 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: Like I said before if anyone feels like nominating someone then go for it.

For the record I can't think of anyone (apart from possibly PZY who's been largely absent of recent) that hasn't already been nominated to nominate.

I'd go for Toocool again, but I haven't seen him much recently.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 20:57:35

At 6/5/04 08:45 PM, jonthomson wrote: I'd go for Toocool again, but I haven't seen him much recently.

Man, that guy never ceases to amaze my with those Protection points of his. Makes me wonder if he has a counterpart. Like, a user with almost nothing but Blam points.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 21:02:28

At 6/5/04 08:26 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: seeing as I made such a big stink about missing the last election.

I remember that. Didn't you miss out on nominating and voting? I know your were upset twice last election period.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 22:04:51

At 6/5/04 09:02 PM, Mr_Pop_Alot wrote:
At 6/5/04 08:26 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: seeing as I made such a big stink about missing the last election.
I remember that. Didn't you miss out on nominating and voting? I know your were upset twice last election period.

Haha! I was upset twice because I missed two elections in a row Mr_Pop_Alot! They took place during my hazy days off. No big deal. It's not like the other members voted in a couple of n00bs (no disrespect intended jonthomson or XwaynecoltX). I see Toocool100 received a nomination. Come on people don't be shy! So many of the club's veterans have faded into shades of grey.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 22:27:21

At 6/5/04 10:04 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote:
Haha! I was upset twice because I missed two elections in a row Mr_Pop_Alot! They took place during my hazy days off.

I knew it was 2 times for something. Hazy days off you say? Were you and your buds drinking the potion and playing heated rounds of videogames again? xD I remember you saying earlier you guys really get into the games and start yelling and hitting controllers away.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 22:40:51

At 6/5/04 10:27 PM, Mr_Pop_Alot wrote: Hazy days off you say? Were you and your buds drinking the potion and playing heated rounds of videogames again? xD I remember you saying earlier you guys really get into the games and start yelling and hitting controllers away.

Of course we do bud, we're a bunch of 40 year old brats!

Oh man, I have the irrepressible urge to relate a story to you that happened to me and three buddies just 2 days ago. It's unbelievable that nobody was hurt or charged. Haha! I think all my friends and I stopped aging somewhere in our twenties. If you're still interested I'll set about typing it. Gotta do a patrol first.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 22:55:20

I passed around this petiton earlier. (or i just made it in 3 minutes)

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 23:45:19

At 6/5/04 10:55 PM, Mr_Pop_Alot wrote: I passed around this petiton earlier. (or i just made it in 3 minutes)

Okay here we go...

The city had been experiencing some beautiful weather the past couple of days and about an hour before the end of my shift the cell phone rings. It's my buddy Jon. He likes to use the label "motherf**ker" a lot so we'll use the abbreviation from this point on. He informs me he's got Dan and Rob with him (more old friends) and the car is stocked. What the hell. I've got nothing planned and I could use a couple of drinks to relax. Big mistake. By around 3:00 AM I'm feeling very relaxed and we decide to cruise over to one of the larger city parks for another pit stop. Jon spots a fox (yes a fox) and with speed I didn't know that drunk bum had he bolts from the car and disappears into the surrounding bush. We can't see him but can hear braches and small saplings being broken (along with multiple profanities) as he gives chase. Eventually he returns all depressed and looking like some wild man with leaves and crap hanging from his hair. After a few more belts Jon gets the brilliant idea to go off-roading... in a street vehicle. I'm not sure where we went but I know he broke through some yellow tape they normally put up to keep people out. "Jon, maybe you should find the road..." I warily say to him. "Who needs a road MF? I'm Evil Knievel!" No sooner has he spoken and the car launches skyward and then nose dives into a duck pond. Jon is in good shape but Rob can be classified as fat. Jon bounces off the steering wheel giving himself a black eye and cut lip. "Owww... blood MF" Jon moans. Rob's entire bulk flew up and flattened against the windshield like a giant pancake cracking it. Neither of 'em had their seatbelts on. Dan and I were in the back killing ourselves laughing.

It gets better if you want me to continue. Grabbing some lunch.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-05 23:54:17

lollerskates!

Eat yourself some lunch, but you know you can't stop a story at "the car flew into a pond."

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-06 00:05:25

At 6/5/04 11:54 PM, Mr_Pop_Alot wrote: lollerskates!

Eat yourself some lunch, but you know you can't stop a story at "the car flew into a pond."

Ha ha, that's definitely true. Done with lunch yet??

To pass the time, I'll utilize this thread for what it's for really quickly-- I finally reached level 10! This is my first post and my first glance at what it feels like to have a boxing glove...

Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drum...

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-06 00:10:44

At 6/5/04 12:07 PM, Mr_Pop_Alot wrote: I guess I should've added a 'xD' or something to let you know I was just messing around when I said that. You just said it right after I did and thought it was funny.

Aha, much relief! I didn't think it was much to get offended over, but I've been surprised before.

Second thoughts? You know my love is true, you can even ask our adopted child Rufus.

No. That asshole took on Cloud with that big black cat thing of his and ran away when he was about to lose. He's a coward of man.

At 6/5/04 12:45 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: Well kinda i was on NG and then a girl came up to me and...well you can kinda guess the rest.

I sure can!

Girl: Come on lamer, I have to lose my virginity before the armageddon...
Morph *with a dismissive wave of his hand*: Yeah yeah, just gimme a few minutes, I'm 15 points away from my next rank!
Girl: Pffft, bloody computer nerd...

At 6/5/04 11:45 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: It gets better if you want me to continue. Grabbing some lunch.

Are you kidding man? You're always so humble with your awesome stories. I haven't been disappointed with anything you've written yet!

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-06 00:32:30

Looks like some of you want me to continue. I've got a full cup of coffee and one hour before my next sweep (barring any unexpected alarms). Let's see if I can finish this little adventure in the next post.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-06 01:13:33

Rob's bloated body peels itself away from the windshield and falls back to the car seat like a beer sodden bag of shit. Jon continues to moan about his fat lip and black eye, still oblivious of the fact that he almost became Vancouver's newest U-boat commander. "Anybody hurt?" Dan and I ask simultaneously. A few imperceptible curses confirm no serious injuries. "Move your fat ass Rob" I bark. "Let's see what the meatball this time." Pushing my way past Robs butt, Dan and I crawl out (without getting wet) to find the front of the car submerged up to the engine. "Jon give me your cell phone and keys" Dan says. Jon vehemently refuses, attempts to get out and pitches forward, catching himself at the last second. "Plunk" There goes the cell phone. "Plunk" There goes the keys. More curses erupt from Jon as he loses his grip again and lands head first in the pond. Leaning back Rob starts laughing at Jon, forgetting that Dan and I have already exited via his door. Rob does a backward summersault into the water most Olympic divers would be proud of. Jon & Rob crawl ashore and lay there laughing completely drenched. Without a word Dan jumps into the water to look for the keys and I follow his lead. Within minutes we find the keys and the cell phone but the phone was making some really weird noises and flashing like some cheap neon sign. Toasted. After a brief discussion with Dan we decide the best course of action is to split with the keys and maybe they'd follow.

Almost done. I can finish this in the next post. Promise!

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-06 02:06:39

*looks at watch and awaits conclusion*

Where is everyone anyway?

Yadjmir, I remember the feeling of getting my first boxing glove. Have fun with it.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-06 02:20:15

Congrats to Yadjmir for getting to level 10 and to Recon for making me laugh.

At 6/6/04 02:06 AM, Mr_Pop_Alot wrote: *looks at watch and awaits conclusion*

It will be worth the wait.

Where is everyone anyway?

Doing things in real life? It has been a slow day for Wi/Ht.

Yadjmir, I remember the feeling of getting my first boxing glove. Have fun with it.

Getting anything (good) after months of dedication makes you feel great. It's also a good icon, but the level 12 one is much better.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-06-06 02:27:44

At 6/6/04 02:20 AM, MrX2003 wrote: but the level 12 one is much better.

Indeed it is. *evil laughte*
Btw, I either missed your comment on it or you haven't said anything about it. What are your thoughts on your brass knuckles MrX?