00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,809,771 Views | 88,034 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 08:56:36

Ahh a new layout i will have to check it out, and on another note you are sure to get that point soon, so congrats once again...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 09:06:55

At 4/13/04 08:17 AM, IM_KOOL_R_U wrote: I missed making the top 50 today by not staying up any longer and getting one point. She has 10,811 and I have 10,810. I should be able to get it tomorrow.

that is possibly the most unlucky thing that i have ever seen.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 10:04:59

Super long catchup time. ;_;

Congrats #01 to XwaynecoltX for getting to Elite Guard Captain!
Congrats #02 to jonthomson on Duke losing to UConn!
Congrats #03 to jonthomson for breaking the 2500 save mark!
Congrats #04 to bumcheekcity for getting a 3.01 batting average!
Congrats #05 to Shpouiten for getting to Elite Guard Master Sergeant!
Congrats #06 to LadyGrace for getting to level 10!
Congrats #07 to thegreatmorph for getting to Elite Guard PFC!
Congrats #08 to _lightning_ for breaking the 7.00 base VP mark!
Congrats #09 to bumcheekcity for breaking the 1500 save mark!
Congrats #10 to James/FIGMENT for getting to level 14 (ugh)!
Congrats #11 to IM_KOOL_R_U for breaking the 10000 b/p mark!
Congrats #12 to punk6sic6 for getting to Elite Guard Sergeant!
Congrats #13 to Syme for getting to Elite Guard Lieutenant Colonel!
Congrats #14 to Toocool100 for hitting 1337 posts!
Congrats #15 to D0GMA for breaking the 22222 b/p mark!
Congrats #16 to Pure_LionHeart for getting to Elite Guard Sergeant!
Congrats #17 to bumcheekcity for hitting 7500 posts!
Congrats #18 to moongod for getting to Elite Guard 2nd Lieutenant!
Congrats #19 to moongod for hitting 200 posts!
Congrats #20 to Scooley01 for getting to level 7!
Congrats #21 to DRD for getting to Elite Guard Corporal!
Congrats #22 to SlowBro for getting to Elite Guard PFC!
Congrats #23 to biteme2514 for breaking the 11000 blam mark!
Congrats #24 to SearchClock for getting to Security Guard!
Congrats #25 to Mr_Snrub for breaking the 13000 b/p mark!
Congrats #26 to jonthomson for breaking the 6000 blam mark!
Congrats #27 to thegreatmorph for hitting 800 posts!
Congrats #28 to Shpouiten for breaking the 2000 save mark!
Congrats #29 to moongod for breaking 1000 bppweek!
Congrats #30 to IM_KOOL_R_U for breaking the 7000 blam mark!
Congrats #31 to Recon_Rebel for breaking the 17000 blam mark!
Congrats #32 to SlowBro for getting to level 10!
Congrats #33 to moongod for breaking the 10000 b/p mark!
Congrats #34 to bumcheekcity for getting to Elite Guard SFC!
Congrats #35 to bumcheekcity for his entry into the top 150 b/p!
Congrats #36 to leeboy105 for getting to level 15 and teh chain!
Congrats #37 to Mr_Pop_Alot for getting to Elite Guard 2nd Lieutenant!
Congrats #38 to alpe for getting to Elite Guard Private!
Congrats #39 to MrX2003 for getting to Elite Guard Praporshchik!

and...

Congrats #40 to gfoxcook for breaking the 19000 blam mark!

woot woot.

Thanks for dropping by, spancker & redrum! Hallo.

At 4/4/04 11:12 PM, -AcidBurn- wrote: Go through the posts since you last were here and figure out which ones you are going to reply to. For each, right click on "Reply with quote" and open a new window. Take a drink. Write your reply, then move on to the next one. Cut the reply you've written from each subsequent window and paste to the first. When you are done, click Post It! then close the window and refresh on the one you were doing the reading from. Click the link to get back to the forum. Take a drink. Decide on the next thread that's of interest. Rinse, repeat.

Or easier still, open all the posts you want to reply to in new windows with replywithquote, as you said, but don't bother replying in those windows. Just select all and paste to notepad. After you've pasted a few to notepad, THEN start replying to them, and you've got your finished product right there.

This has several added benefits:

A) I find typing long responses in notepad a lot easier than typing them in the NG BBS text entry thingamabob and you can size teh notepad however you like.

B) if your browser crashes, notepad usually survives and you've still got all your work.

C) you can save in notepad to either prevent a full crash from taking out your huge multi-response post.... OR, as I often do... to see how big your post is so you can either trim it to less than 6.5 k or break it into more than one piece. If you just post and hope it's under the limit, that can be a pain, so it's best to find out in advance.

D) aren't those enough reasons to use notepad? I'm using notepad right now, damnit, how's that for a forth and final? #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 10:06:37

At 4/5/04 10:35 AM, jonthomson wrote: For the record, you can get a 30 bonus when you sign up, 20 for the profile and 5 each for two newsletters (there may have been a third a while ago, possibly from Troma, but it's not there now). Time things right, and get your first ever deposit just before midnight on day one and the second just after, you can hit level 2 within a couple of hours of making an account.

I recently made an alt, and after signing up and making a profile, it only had 20 exp. 30 after depositing that first day. So... that 30+20 thing is inaccurate.

At 4/5/04 06:06 PM, bumcheekcity wrote: Can I make a "W00t! 10,000 Posts" topic, if and when I ever get there?

You passed me when we were both in the 4000s... and I'm at 5600 today while you're going to hit 8000... and you say "if and when"??? It's obviously when, not if. #;-}>

Anyway, just use biteme's old 10,000 post topic or something. heh. Or better yet, just say it in the top posters topic, since you will be anyway.

At 4/6/04 07:15 AM, jonthomson wrote: Correct. HT would still be #1 due to sign up date, but they'd both be level 30. That's conclusive proof that HT has missed at least one deposit though.

He missed the deposit on April 2nd. Crono and I already talked about that and it was confirmed before I disappeared for awhile, back on the 3rd. And even if Crono hadn't seen him at the exp amount from the day prior right before midnight NG time, seeing HT move up the next day to an amount 10 less than where he should have been was super-perfecto-confirmation yo.

At 4/6/04 09:20 AM, SlowBro wrote: i also noticed
1. humantarget52 12/15/99 M 15,616
2. Pimp 12/15/99 M 15,606
how exciting.

The top 50 list gets updated at 4:30 AM NG time, and if HT deposits after that, it doesn't show up. The only way to be sure, if both don't deposit early in the day, is to check their profiles right before midnight that night. HT is still 20 ahead of Pimp, and he deposited early today (thank god) as opposed to yesterday.

At 4/13/04 12:50 AM, FlGMENT wrote: I must have been viewing an old page then. When NG had a bit of down time the other day and I tried to access it, instead of getting an error it just showed me the last page I had seen. I must have seen an old Top 50 EXP List and thought it was a current one. Silly me.

Never trust the top 50 exp list. Always check both of their profiles, like I said.

At 4/6/04 10:26 PM, -AcidBurn- wrote: No worries, I keep getting sidetracked on writing FAQ sheets and come back to find out I've missed out on half a dozen entries. I just woke up to discover that I managed to sleep through 100 lol

OOPS!!

No kidding. I slept through about 30 protects yesterday, all day. Much to my dismay, of course. I love protects. ;_;

At 4/7/04 05:34 AM, -AcidBurn- wrote:
At 4/7/04 05:20 AM, bumcheekcity wrote: What you writing an FAQ for?
A shorter answer would be to the question what am I not writing a FAQ for? Making flash

Maybe it's just me, but I interp'ed BCC's question as meaning "WHY are you writing a FAQ?" #;-}>

At 4/7/04 08:22 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: Still... how did you manage to post almost 100 times in a day? I mean how long were you on-line what the hell did you talk about??

The first two days I was a mod, I posted around 100 times each of those two days. Course, BCC doesn't have that excuse...

At 4/8/04 05:58 PM, -AcidBurn- wrote:
At 4/8/04 05:15 PM, moongod wrote: Awesome...sorry to be making you work more. ;) I wonder what the record for most b/p points in a week is.
I checked LockClock's and jonthomson's updates, no one over 1k/week. From mine they are:

1 fixit 1089
2 D0GMA 1040
3 fixit 1034
4 fixit 1016
5 fixit 1003

Runner-up (from mine only):

6 fixit 999
7 Crono- 986
8 TheJoe324 959
9 fixit 930
10 TheJoe324 896

I got all 4500 b/p needed from EG General's start to EGSC in 42 days... and while a 100+ bppd average isn't enough to hit 1000 in a week, I had to have been in a runner-up area at some point during February. But I guess that "from mine only" bit explains why I'm not listed there. ;_;

At 4/8/04 11:32 PM, Mr_Pop_Alot wrote:
At 4/8/04 10:41 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I dont think anyone can catch that matrix program...
Only fixit can defeat fixit.

INCORRECT!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 10:08:56

At 4/13/04 06:27 AM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote: No fear, stamper said they will be updating the whole thing, so every part of Newgrounds will be updated to the new style, however, we can only hope this will happen very soon rather then in a few months!

Ugh... well, I like the new design for the front page. And I suppose it could be okay on the portal as well. I have a feeling I'm not going to like it when they change the BBS to that style, though, just like I didn't (and still don't) like this current BBS style that replaced the pure, simple, black-backgrounded old BBS style.

But the thing I dread the most is our profiles changing. I asked Tom if possibly we could have an option in our GG menu to keep our profiles the old design, and he said it was a possibility, but who knows if it'll be possible. :::crosses fingers:::

In any event, if it comes down to it and I hate the new profile as much as I think I will right now (which is fairly likely UNLESS the new profile design still has a black background, because that is the ONLY way our level and b/p rank icons look good, IMO).... I have hundreds of old profile html files, so I can always construct old-style profile screenshots, just like I can construct old-style postcount screenshots with the old copies of old-style BBS html I have.

At 4/9/04 07:59 AM, bumcheekcity wrote:
At 4/9/04 07:50 AM, leeboy105 wrote: If you knew some basic HTML, you could just doctor your profile to show the figures you want like DOGMA has done.
Hardly need to KNOW the HTML... but i'd have doctored it to say 11,000 and 6200 but that's just me.

Well, you do need to know to stick in "http://www.newgrounds.com" in any IMG SRC= tag that points to a directory on NG but not the site itself, or else those images won't load when you open your "fake profile."

In any event, it's not just you. I like hitting even-hundreds blam/savecounts at once, as well. My most prized screenie, in some ways, is my 6000 blam/6000 save screenie. :::nods:::

At 4/9/04 11:20 PM, biteme2514 wrote: Yeah well, there's two reasons that I don't do that. The first being that I'm really just too lazy to bother learning HTML and the other being that I seem to have a fetish for authenticity. I just like having screenshots that are genuine, you know? Of course, as with almost every regular on this BBS, I have at least fifty "screenshots" that have been doctored in some way, shape or form. Take my post count screenshots, for example. Almost all of them have been modified somehow by gfoxcook. But yeah, those I asked for. A little screenshot doctoring was necessary for gfoxcook to help make me the screenshot (or more accurately, series of screenshots) that you see here below. Totally love the guy for it though. Good ol' dependable gfoxcook.

They were all created by me modifying a single html file by adding 1000 for each screenie and by changing your level and level icon as necessary to match up with the ACTUAL circumstances around each of your 1000 marks.

IOW, even though I fabricated all of those screenshots, they were all ACTUAL moments from the past, as I would have seen them on my comp with my browser settings. I just compressed it all into one hour instead of over several months. #;-}>

At 4/9/04 11:54 PM, -AcidBurn- wrote: Right click on this page and choose View Source.
If it is a short code file, it willl show up in Notepad. Larger files come up in Wordpad so you can skip to the next paraqgraph if it does.
Choose Edit --> Select All
Ctrl+C
Close the text file.
Open up Wordpad or Word
Ctrl+V

(snip)

or: insert http://www.newgrounds.com between the first quote mark and the slash.

Save As XXX.html

In the former case, find the file on your hard drive and double click it. Voila!!

In the latter, upload to a server and then bring the page up. Voila!!

Jebus, that's needlessly complicated, man. O_o Why do you copy and then paste all the source elsewhere? Just leaving it in notepad is fine unless you need to do some major find/replace with wordpad. O_o

also... There's no need to upload the HTML file to a server, Dogma, where'd you get that idea? O_o IN ANY EVENT, here is gfox's simple guide to profile HTML editing, with []s instead of actual HTML tag brackets:

1) Right click on your profile

2) click view source

3) page down a couple times to find this line (this is how it looks with my profile):

[td valign=top][img src="/gold/profile/pics/7000/7941_pic.gif" border=0 width=150 height=150 alt="Picture of gfoxcook"][/td]

4) insert http://www.newgrounds.com between the src=" and the /gold to ensure your profile pic will be loaded from the NG server when you open this file later.

5) page down to find this line:

[td bgcolor="#000000"][img src="/gold/profile/level_icons/power15a.gif" border=0 width=71 height=71][/td]

6) again, insert http://www.newgrounds.com between the src=" and the /gold, this time to make your level icon load.

7) page down to this line:

[img src="/images/badges/badge_26.gif" border="0" width="55" height="60" alt="Elite Guard Supreme Commander"]

8) this time, insert http://www.newgrounds.com between the src=" and the /images to get your b/p rank badge icon to load.

9) page down to this line:

[img src="/gold/whistle_icons/whistle_3.gif"]

10) for the third and last time, insert http://www.newgrounds.com between the src=" and the /gold, this time to get the whistle icon to show up.

11) now, change whatever you want to change. Fudge your blam and save numbers... replace the sticker line with a VP ranking line (that's what I do, at least), etc. etc. All of your data is fairly easy to find in the html source if you know your profile backwards and forward in the usual format. Everything's in the same order on the page, it just has lots of code in between it and no pretty pictures. #;-}>

12) save as profile.htm or something like that on your desktop or wherever and close notepad if you're done editing

13) drag the file over/onto your actual NG profile and release it so it'll load in the proper sized window

14) viola, all the images load from the NG server and you can screenshot your doctored profile.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 10:43:23

At 4/13/04 10:04 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Congrats #11 to IM_KOOL_R_U for breaking the 10000 b/p mark!

Thanks, but I will be adding one more to your list since it just happened yesterday if you do not mind.

Congrats IM_KOOL_R_U for getting 200 b/p in one day

You just might not have known that so Thanks again

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 10:47:23

At 4/13/04 10:43 AM, IM_KOOL_R_U wrote:
At 4/13/04 10:04 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Congrats #11 to IM_KOOL_R_U for breaking the 10000 b/p mark!
Thanks, but I will be adding one more to your list since it just happened yesterday if you do not mind.

... I only congrat people on what they say in this topic, man, I'm not a mind-reader. #;-}>

Congrats IM_KOOL_R_U for getting 200 b/p in one day
You just might not have known that so Thanks again

... man, my list of congrats isn't going to be published in book form. It's just me congratulation people here for things they're happy about or proud of... if you add something to my list of stuff I congratted you for... that doesn't make very much sense, does it? #;-}>

But in any event, this makes 5600 posts for me, so I'm done for the day. So... freakin'... burned out on the BBS... but must remember not to stay away for a week+ again or else it'll be just as bad next time. ;_;

One last thing... I don't know if Tanner will see this, since while he's been around Wi/Ht? lately, I don't think he reads through the insane traffic in this topic particularly, but...

CONGRATS TO TANNER! 10,000 EXP WOOT WOOT WOOT!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 11:34:46

gfox, rexpect man! why? because you have thew time and will to get through all the missed pages and congratulate everyone, respect! ;P

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 12:14:49

At 4/13/04 10:04 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Congrats #04 to bumcheekcity for getting a 3.01 batting average!
Congrats #09 to bumcheekcity for breaking the 1500 save mark!
Congrats #17 to bumcheekcity for hitting 7500 posts!
Congrats #34 to bumcheekcity for getting to Elite Guard SFC!
Congrats #35 to bumcheekcity for his entry into the top 150 b/p!

Oh yes, I am officially great :P

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 12:24:55

Welcome back gofx! That's a hella lot of congrats there.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 14:49:43

At 4/13/04 12:14 PM, bumcheekcity wrote:
Oh yes, I am officially great :P

Yes you are....

Ok im gonna post my aimes for the next week in here since this is the place to be...

1) Get 100 reviews
2) Get 5000 posts
3) Get A+ batting average (doubtful, but i will try)

Anyone think i can or cant do it ??

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 14:58:54

Only time will tell, Good Luck on your goals.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 15:06:35

just level'd today

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 15:22:31

At 4/12/04 11:30 PM, moongod wrote: Lioheart and Fixit are kicking my ass this week. Damn easter. Both those guys are currently on pace for over 1000 this week.

This is a little late of a reply, but you don't have to worry about me. I ain't doing that well this week. I am getting an ok amount of B/P points, but not like I was on the last update.

On a semi-related note, I am about 95 or so points away from my next rank up. :D By tonight, I should make it to the next rank.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 15:24:43

At 4/13/04 03:06 PM, Smash240 wrote: just level'd today

congrats!
speaking of which i just leveled up to elite guard corporal.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 15:32:34

At 4/13/04 02:58 PM, DRD wrote: Only time will tell, Good Luck on your goals.

Thank you indeed, im well oncourse with my posts and reviews but my batting average is gonna go out the window just now, im working on too many animations to get one done for this week, BASTARD!!!!!!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 15:45:26

At 4/13/04 03:32 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Thank you indeed, im well oncourse with my posts and reviews but my batting average is gonna go out the window just now, im working on too many animations to get one done for this week, BASTARD!!!!!!

How much batting average do you need, to get A+ as opposed to B+?

On another note, this is my 8000th post.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 15:52:24

At 4/13/04 03:45 PM, bumcheekcity wrote:

Congrats on the 8,000th post! That's quite a milestone!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 16:04:49

At 4/13/04 03:52 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote:
Congrats on the 8,000th post! That's quite a milestone!

congrats! That's a huge milestone! I hope i reach it one day.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 16:45:36

How much batting average do you need, to get A+ as opposed to B+?

You need 3.33 i think, im on 3.19 at the moment, swine.

Congrats indeed, your going fast. Ive only done another 50 odds today but still its a good start when i have a few hours left, lol.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 18:08:17

Damn, I had hope that when I woke up the whole site would be changed to the new layout. Meh, I hope they change it soon...

Also, so damn close to my Prap Badge! So damn close!

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 18:24:36

At 4/13/04 06:08 PM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote: Damn, I had hope that when I woke up the whole site would be changed to the new layout. Meh, I hope they change it soon...

Also, so damn close to my Prap Badge! So damn close!

Mike

You're only 26 away right now...you should get it later tonight easily.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 19:06:24

At 4/13/04 06:24 PM, moongod wrote: You're only 26 away right now...you should get it later tonight easily.

Hehe, I would say in about an hour if the portal picks up, I logged in like 2 hours ago or a little more and already snagged over 40 points. I would have had it by now, but the portal kinda died down. Damn I can't wait, this is the biggest Badge upgrade since my first Elite Guard badge!

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 19:07:53

At 4/13/04 07:06 PM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote: Hehe, I would say in about an hour if the portal picks up, I logged in like 2 hours ago or a little more and already snagged over 40 points. I would have had it by now, but the portal kinda died down. Damn I can't wait, this is the biggest Badge upgrade since my first Elite Guard badge!

Mike

Seriously wtf. The portal has been dead for the last 2 hours. Come on guys help me out here...

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 19:28:53

I made over 100 posts [again] today.

You'll be unhappy to know that I'll not be making many tomorrow. I have a LOOOOOOOOONG dress rehersal for my play...

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 19:44:28

At 4/13/04 07:28 PM, bumcheekcity wrote: I made over 100 posts [again] today.

You'll be unhappy to know that I'll not be making many tomorrow. I have a LOOOOOOOOONG dress rehersal for my play...

You should just quit the play and live on NG like me. :)

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 19:46:12

At 4/13/04 07:44 PM, moongod wrote:
At 4/13/04 07:28 PM, bumcheekcity wrote: I made over 100 posts [again] today.

You should just quit the play and live on NG like me. :)

Yeah, living on NG is great. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 20:48:32

Gold City Baby!
Praporshchik Badge for me!

Now it's all up hill from here, 1500 B/S per Badge! But I am up for it!

Mike

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 20:50:40

At 4/13/04 08:48 PM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote: Gold City Baby!

Now it's all up hill from here, 1500 B/S per Badge! But I am up for it!

Mike

Congratulations man!!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2004-04-13 20:56:53

At 4/13/04 08:48 PM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote: Gold City Baby!

Congrats ! That Golden badge sure looks good in your profile !