00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,809,814 Views | 88,034 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-10-31 19:00:40

At 10/31/03 06:22 PM, _lightning_ wrote: i had too much posts a day so i try too posts less these day's this post didn't help with that =P

What's wrong with a high PPD? That's something I'm trying for. The only thing that might bring it down is if you posted a lot of spam, you weren't too bad in that aspect were you?

At 10/31/03 06:48 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Cool its about time heh, here ya go just hot off the press's

It's nice isn't it? I wonder when it will go back to normal though...

I also wonder if the icon will change for other significant events, like Christmas or Easter or my birthday.

Hey, I can hope!

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-10-31 19:04:07

At 10/31/03 07:00 PM, James0 wrote: I also wonder if the icon will change for other significant events, like Christmas or Easter or my birthday.

Hey, I can hope!

It would look cool if the tank was driving through some snow, knocking over snowmen or something, definitely :-)

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-10-31 19:47:10

At 10/31/03 07:04 PM, jonthomson wrote: It would look cool if the tank was driving through some snow, knocking over snowmen or something, definitely :-)

Yeah it would, but I couldn't really relate to that. Christmas here in Australia occurs in Summer.

Anyway, I just hit 2,000 blams like that other guy. Hopefully I can rank up before the end of the year.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-10-31 20:55:48

At 10/31/03 07:47 PM, James0 wrote: Anyway, I just hit 2,000 blams like that other guy. Hopefully I can rank up before the end of the year.

Congrats James!! Keep going bud and soon your blam/protect rank will hit double digits! I assume you're shooting for the top 100.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-10-31 21:00:22

Cool its about time heh, here ya go just hot off the press's

~X~

Thanks a lot X. I really like that icon. I agree woth the other guy, they should make cool icons for each holiday (well at least the major ones).

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-10-31 22:48:33

At 10/31/03 08:55 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: Congrats James!! Keep going bud and soon your blam/protect rank will hit double digits! I assume you're shooting for the top 100.

Thanks buddy. Of course I'm going for top 100!

At 10/31/03 09:00 PM, demon0 wrote: Thanks a lot X.

Whoa... Everyone... Now we have two X's on our hands!

I agree woth the other guy, they should make cool icons for each holiday (well at least the major ones).

Hah! I thought it was you! I said the other guy because I didn't want to get the wrong name and have to correct myself.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 00:48:20

Yaaahhh!! Just cracked 10,000 blam points! Next stop Elite Guard Colonel! Wanna dance?

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 00:51:21

At 11/1/03 12:48 AM, Recon_Rebel wrote: Yaaahhh!!

Now there's the sign of a great achievement.

Just cracked 10,000 blam points!

And he wasn't kidding! Congrats man! Must be nice to finally see a 5 digit number in there!

Next stop Elite Guard Colonel! Wanna dance?

No, not really. I'll give you a high five though.

*high five*

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 00:59:27

At 11/1/03 12:48 AM, Recon_Rebel wrote: Yaaahhh!! Just cracked 10,000 blam points! Next stop Elite Guard Colonel! Wanna dance?

Congratulations Recon. How many Newgrounds users have broken 10,000 blams? It must be less than 10.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 01:28:07

Thanks alot James0 and Afterburner. Much appreciated. That took a bit of time to say the least.

In answer to your question Afterburner I was the 10th person to crack 10,000 blams. I thought arrows_eleven was ahead of me but I must have passed him somewhere along the way. Weeeee!

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 02:35:59

At 10/30/03 10:00 PM, TheJoe324 wrote:
At 10/30/03 09:47 PM, gfoxcook wrote: My promotion to Elite Guard Brigadier General is now a reality.
Congratulations, that final rank is just getting closer and closer. (Hopefully you won't go inactive like Ryohahn did when the 4500 jump appeared when it comes up for you.)

And like you're apparently going to do in a day or so when you hit 30,000? #;-}>

Anyway, thanks!

Eh... I'm never going to go completely inactive (but then again, RyoHahn and Nemesis aren't completely inactive, either, no one on the top 10 is), but I'm certainly going to slow down some right now.

For one thing, I really like this rank, I like this badge, and I've got no one near me either behind or ahead, so there's no danger of being passed AND no prospect of passing anyone... therefore I'll just slow down a bit. I hit both Colonel and BrigGeneral in 29 days each, and that's a bit hard to keep up for me. I might take about 45 days to hit MajGeneral, that's all I'm saying.

I'll be passing 20,000 in a week or so, though. That's a pretty nifty goal to shoot for now, and I'm only 395 or so away.

Anyway, turning now to YOU... why are you gonna stop with the pointsgetting? I thought you'd mentioned wanting to see if ramagi or fixit was showing any sign of stopping... and I guess they aren't, but they're not exactly going 100 mph either. Eh. In some ways, I see what you're saying. But Crono WILL be hitting 30,000 next, and he'll pass you if you stay right around 30k... additionally, what if ranks were added? In some ways, it'd be better not to get so high up that you might miss out on a new rank, but since it was 4500 from General to Supreme Commander, I doubt any new rank will be before 34,500 if one was ever added... eh. I think I'd try for around 100 a week if I was a EGSC. Wouldn't need to go really fast, but some consistent pointgaining would be nice. And that's what I'm gonna do now. Cept more like 200-500 a week, I hope.

At 10/30/03 10:53 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Congrats GFox that must be nice...

Thanks, and yep, it is! #;-}>

Green's my favourite colour, so it's really nice to have the green wreath around my badge now.

At 10/30/03 11:15 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: Congrats gfox. That badge looks sweet compared to the ones below it. I'm still 140 odd points away from a full bird colonel but I'm closing fast.

Damn straight it looks better! #;-}>

And I don't want to sound like I'm just tooting my own rank's horn, but in some ways, I like this badge more than any other single one. I think the single star looks best. Two, Three, Four stars... starts to get more crowded, isn't as centered on the blue circle... etc. etc. but more stars is always good, too. Just that aesthetically, the single star badge looks, to me, the best.

But, it'll always be in my sigpic, since there's only 4 more ranks after this one (meaning my sigpic will have Colonel, BrigGeneral, MajGeneral, LtGeneral, General, and Supreme Commander when I hit 30,000 points), so... I'll never have to wave goodbye for good.

I will miss Captain's double bars when it slips off my sigpic, though.

Anyway... thanks, Recon! Congrats in advance on hitting Colonel. I might be gone for a day or so, so just in case I miss your rankup...

At 10/31/03 03:47 AM, XkwiziTOnE wrote: Congrades!

To The Joe - becoming a Mod.......
To GFoX - for his rank up.......

Congradulations to the both of you.......

thanks, man!

At 10/31/03 06:18 AM, leeboy105 wrote: Congrats to Gfox for his promotion. It's a very nice badge indeed.

thanks, and yep! :::Sets up a shrine to the BrigGeneral badge:::

At 10/31/03 06:22 AM, demon0 wrote: Awesome. Congrats man. And congrats on your 3,600 post as well.

Thankoo!

At 10/31/03 05:26 PM, Crono- wrote: And congrats to Gfox for ranking up.

Thanks to you as well!

Whew, lots of thanking to do. #;-}> Heh... but anyway, I won't be ranking up again for QUITE some time, even if that 45 day estimate holds up, so... I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 02:48:58

At 11/1/03 02:35 AM, gfoxcook wrote: RyoHahn and Nemesis aren't completely inactive, either, no one on the top 10 is), but I'm certainly going to slow down some right now.

Nemesis will be a lot more active once I hit 30,000 (Which looks like it will be on Sunday, since I'm about 135 or so away now.) Wasn't too sure about ranking up today but I was doing other stuff yesterday which slowed it down.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 02:55:47

At 10/31/03 07:47 PM, James0 wrote: Yeah it would, but I couldn't really relate to that. Christmas here in Australia occurs in Summer.

Maybe so, but I'm assuming you're a European Australian, and that means your ancestors celebrated Christmas in winter.

The song's "White Christmas," after all, not "Green Christmas."

But then again, it doesn't snow everywhere up here every 12/25 either. Here in Texas we get a White Christmas 1 time out of every 10 years... IF WE'RE LUCKY. #;-}>

Anyway, I just hit 2,000 blams like that other guy. Hopefully I can rank up before the end of the year.

end of the year?! Come on, man, you can rank up TWICE before the end of the year. #;-}>

At 10/31/03 09:00 PM, demon0 wrote: Thanks a lot X. I really like that icon. I agree woth the other guy, they should make cool icons for each holiday (well at least the major ones).

www.google.com changes its icon for tons and tons of holidays (and just "special" days in general, too). They took down their Halloween icon already, but you can see an archive of all their icons here:

http://www.google.com/holidaylogos.html

check it out!

At 11/1/03 12:59 AM, Afterburner wrote:
At 11/1/03 12:48 AM, Recon_Rebel wrote: Yaaahhh!! Just cracked 10,000 blam points! Next stop Elite Guard Colonel! Wanna dance?

Sorry you weren't quite there yet when I updated your info in my lists, man. Hope you don't mind waiting for next update time.

Congrats, and welcome aboard. I wouldn't be surprised if you passed me in blams now that I'm slowing down (and slowing down tends to mean higher protects than blams since I'll be checking the portal less often).

Now all ya gotta do is pass Nemesis, take the 8 spot, and get back up here with me so we can climb up and take out thisisasignin! #;-}>

Congratulations Recon. How many Newgrounds users have broken 10,000 blams? It must be less than 10.

Like Recon told ya, there've been 10 people who've hit 10,000 blams. I was #9 a week ago, and Recon's #10.

arrows_eleven, BTW, doesn't have that account anymore, Recon. Anyway, MacBeth (who now has it) seems to get about 1 or 2 points per week with it, so I doubt that account (-adric-) will hit 10,000 anytime soon.

That means courtday is next in line, most likely. Dogma could be next after him if he comes back in force.

Meanwhile, on the protects side, only 3 have more than 10,000. Ramagi, RyoHahn, and fixit.

I'll be the 4th to hit 10,000 saves by the end of 2003, most likely. After me, thisisasignin looks to be #5, but that could change at any point. Recon, you could certainly turn on the save machine and get up pretty fast. And TooCool is naturally going to hit 10,000 eventually. Just a matter of when.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 02:58:50

At 11/1/03 02:48 AM, TheJoe324 wrote:
At 11/1/03 02:35 AM, gfoxcook wrote: RyoHahn and Nemesis aren't completely inactive, either, no one on the top 10 is), but I'm certainly going to slow down some right now.
Nemesis will be a lot more active once I hit 30,000 (Which looks like it will be on Sunday, since I'm about 135 or so away now.) Wasn't too sure about ranking up today but I was doing other stuff yesterday which slowed it down.

You're going to switch to getting points for HIM?! Why on earth? O_o

Seriously, can't he do it himself? Eh. Maybe with a little heat from behind I'll get more points myself, which is both good and bad, but anyway. I couldn't stand someone else getting points on my account, personally. I like to earn 'em all. But I don't feel quite the same way about exp depositing, so... to each his own in all things.

But why not just start fresh with an alt account?

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 03:18:02

At 11/1/03 02:58 AM, gfoxcook wrote: You're going to switch to getting points for HIM?! Why on earth? O_o

I deposit for him sometimes, and want to get his already high voting power even higher.

Seriously, can't he do it himself?

He's pretty busy with other things and I don't need any points after 30,000 since there's nothing else to go for, so might as well help him out there.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 03:22:19

huzzah! level up!

and recon, congrats on your amazing achievement

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 03:39:10

At 11/1/03 03:18 AM, TheJoe324 wrote:
At 11/1/03 02:58 AM, gfoxcook wrote: You're going to switch to getting points for HIM?! Why on earth? O_o
I deposit for him sometimes, and want to get his already high voting power even higher.

ahhh. depositing already, makes more sense.

it'll be harder to vote on stuff if you have to log off of your posting account to go to the portal, but I suppose you won't be in as much of a hurry to get him points as you are to get yourself to EGSC right now, after all.

Raising his VP is the goal, eh? Well, getting his bonus above 42% certainly will help with that... I'm not sure ramagi's going to be a huge fan of it, though. #;-}> It's already hard enough for her to get anywhere near 13 VP since she can't get any more bonuses to her VP... if you boost Nemesis up to 13.15 or 13.30 or who knows how high, that'll pretty much double her task. Yikes.

He's pretty busy with other things and I don't need any points after 30,000 since there's nothing else to go for, so might as well help him out there.

There's always... #1 to go for, man. #;-}>

None of us is ever going to get it in exp... why not try for the b/p, at least? You can't let fixit take it from ramagi without trying to take it yourself, damnit! Blah. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 03:44:45

At 11/1/03 03:22 AM, Mojimbo wrote: huzzah! level up!

congrats! Welcome to the veteran levels at long last.

Anywho, peops... That update took a lot longer than usual, I was distracted by many things (it being Halloween for one thing!), so I'm gonna call it a night. Plus, the servers SHOULD be switching off at some point... strange that they haven't yet. I'm going out of town for a day or so. Sooo... see you guys in 36 hours or so, I hope. Later!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 04:03:12

At 11/1/03 03:39 AM, gfoxcook wrote: it'll be harder to vote on stuff if you have to log off of your posting account to go to the portal, but I suppose you won't be in as much of a hurry to get him points as you are to get yourself to EGSC right now, after all.

Sometimes I stay logged out when on the BBS, and I don't miss many points for having to log back in since I'll do it while a movie is loading, or while it's starting, and like you said, I don't have to get EVERY SINGLE ONE since I'm just helping him out, getting any amount of points is good enough.

Raising his VP is the goal, eh? Well, getting his bonus above 42% certainly will help with that... I'm not sure ramagi's going to be a huge fan of it, though. #;-}> It's already hard enough for her to get anywhere near 13 VP since she can't get any more bonuses to her VP... if you boost Nemesis up to 13.15 or 13.30 or who knows how high, that'll pretty much double her task. Yikes.

It's already insanely high compared to everyone else's, imagine how much it'll be with a higher percentage added. There's currently no one with as high of a level and blam/protection points as him so it'll be a while if anyone ever does pass him. Only competition he WOULD have would be agent66 (whose main advantage was experience before, but nemesis recently passed him.) Since hardly anyone above him experience-wise has over 1,000 points, and anyone with a high amount of blams/protects is nowhere near his level, it will be a while before anyone passes him (if they ever do)

There's always... #1 to go for, man. #;-}>

None of us is ever going to get it in exp... why not try for the b/p, at least? You can't let fixit take it from ramagi without trying to take it yourself, damnit! Blah. #;-}>

Yeah.. I already know thats not happening unless someone unplugs fixit, it was only about 2 months ago that I was ahead of him.. Now he leads me by 3,000.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 04:12:09

At 11/1/03 02:55 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Maybe so, but I'm assuming you're a European Australian, and that means your ancestors celebrated Christmas in winter.

So what? My ancestors aren't around now so they can't have any influences on my family.

The song's "White Christmas," after all, not "Green Christmas."

Err yeah... a song...

But then again, it doesn't snow everywhere up here every 12/25 either. Here in Texas we get a White Christmas 1 time out of every 10 years... IF WE'RE LUCKY. #;-}>

It's never snowed at my house. EVER.

end of the year?! Come on, man, you can rank up TWICE before the end of the year. #;-}>

Dude. Dial-up connection. Australian time zone. Although... summer vacation is coming up for me in about a month and a half... It's possible.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 10:11:13

At 11/1/03 03:39 AM, gfoxcook wrote: None of us is ever going to get it in exp...

me be in a few years =P

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-01 11:58:56

At 11/1/03 03:39 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Raising his VP is the goal, eh? Well, getting his bonus above 42% certainly will help with that... I'm not sure ramagi's going to be a huge fan of it, though. #;-}> It's already hard enough for her to get anywhere near 13 VP since she can't get any more bonuses to her VP... if you boost Nemesis up to 13.15 or 13.30 or who knows how high, that'll pretty much double her task. Yikes.

Well, using Nemesises VP Calc and his current exp, hell have an insane 14.732 VP, EXTREMELY impressive, seeing The Max possible is only 16 votes (10 from exp). deposits would most certainly get him to 14.75 and leave him in a cushy 1st place.

So by the end of this week well have 3 EGSCs, And by the end of the year could (though unlikely) have as many as 4. But as you said earlier adding more ranks, but the one thing i have to say theres only 97 People between Me and Ramagi, which is around a 30,000 Point spread. which is kind of a meager number for such a huge spread :P.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-02 04:27:11

Congrades REcon REbel!!!!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-02 04:53:36

310 exp and im level up ! ,,, i hate level 9

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-02 07:05:03

At 11/2/03 06:16 AM, Dobio wrote: Aggh....

I've got the old man pipe now...

congrats i guess btw i got 5000 exp points now =)

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-02 09:15:50

LEVEL UP BUT HOW?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-02 09:19:08

At 11/2/03 09:15 AM, Genryu wrote: LEVEL UP BUT HOW?

Deposit exp points:

How does one acquire experience points?

• Every day (by Eastern Standard Time), you may vote on at least 5 movies to deposit 10 experience points. Voting on more than 5 does not give you more experience points.
• Creating a public profile gives you a one-time bonus of 20 experience points.
• Referring somebody to NG to make an account or submit a movie.
• When creating a Grounds Gold account, one can acquire 5 experience points for each of up to 4 mailing lists to which one signs up.

What is experience good for?

• It increases your voting power (which is complemented by Blam/Protection points)
• It increases your level, making you look cooler
• It grants you secrets. Don't ask about the secrets, they are secrets.

Are there tricks to getting more?

Aside from the methods listed, there are no tricks or secret ways of boosting your experience. Anybody who tells you there are is either trying to make jokes at your expense or to get you to serve them somehow (commonly by increasing their popularity).
---

that was copied from NGling's NG FAQ II

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-02 09:21:16

spamming but how?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-02 10:08:05

At 11/2/03 09:21 AM, _lightning_ wrote:
spamming but how?

Posting sensless crap in Caps, maybe?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2003-11-02 13:40:27

w00t, second human to get 30,000

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
BLAMS: Involved in the termination of 22,580 crappy entries.
SAVES: Assisted in the protection of 7,420 quality entries

BBS Signature