00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Demons202 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Skype Users and future users

916 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Skype Users and future users 2005-08-21 15:59:39

I have an idea which I hope many will like. I'm sure many of you have heard of Skype, its a completely free online phone program in which people can to talk to each other over the internet with there microphones like a telephone call. I figure if more people on Newgrounds have Skype, then Newgrounds members can much more easily collaborate and get audio recordings for Flash files. If you have any other ideas please respond to this post.
P.S. In order to use Skype you must have broadband. Dial-up doesn't work.

Response to Skype Users and future users 2005-08-21 16:21:05

whatever happened by looking threw the audio portal for a while and then what you thought you want you get something totally different.....

Response to Skype Users and future users 2005-08-21 17:09:39

I can testify to Skype's awesomeness. I had a 20 minute phone call with my girlfriend in St. Maarten, where she was vacationing, for free... Gotta love that.

Response to Skype Users and future users 2005-08-21 17:35:04

At 8/21/05 05:09 PM, AdmiralConquistador wrote: I can testify to Skype's awesomeness. I had a 20 minute phone call with my girlfriend in St. Maarten, where she was vacationing, for free... Gotta love that.

yes skype is a very good program but I can't think of a reason to use it for audio portal awomness when I could look or email the author if I have too...

Response to Skype Users and future users 2005-08-21 17:51:59

At 8/21/05 03:59 PM, Goat-King wrote: I figure if more people on Newgrounds have Skype, then Newgrounds members can much more easily collaborate and get audio recordings for Flash files. If you have any other ideas please respond to this post.
P.S. In order to use Skype you must have broadband. Dial-up doesn't work.

Umm, his intent is right there in the message, or did you not read past the first sentence? I figure maybe he has seen a bunch of audio collabs fail and saw a way to facilitate communication between audio artists on this site, and wanted to spread the wealth of knowledge with everyone. And what does he have to email/contact the author for, he knows how to use it, your sentence just proves that you don't really understand what he said.

Response to Skype Users and future users 2005-08-21 17:54:08

At 8/21/05 05:51 PM, AdmiralConquistador wrote:

And what does he have to email/contact the author for, he knows how to use it, your sentence just proves that you don't really understand what he said.

Ok I realize now that I didn't understand what you said. But the value of skype for us audio artists is that communication is much much faster now! You don't have to wait for days for an artist to respond to you, if you guys have skype set up you can talk instantly... I think it's valuable to artists collabing together