00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bobby223S just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sound card

807 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sound card 2005-08-18 18:40:52

What sound card do you have in your computer? I think i may need a better one and i want to know a really good 1, cheers ya'll.

Response to Sound card 2005-08-18 22:29:18

well you don't need a top of the line one to hear good music or play games with crisp sounds...

but hmm well to be honest if you have the money get

- Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro

I have the Creative Lasb SB Live something .1 its okay but its really in the speakers system...

also I reccomended the first one because its high in prcie and teh specs look very good with a high user rating then again im no professional but I hd the money and wanted a soundcard I would go with that one...

Response to Sound card 2005-08-19 08:12:34

Ive got an E-MU 1212m www.emu.com and it ROCKS!!!!

It can handle audio up to 24bit, 192khz (CD audio is 16bit, 44khz), has the same A/D (analogue -> digital) converters as the Digidesign Pro-Tools system, optical outs, SPDIF, excellent signal to noise ratio, fully asio compliant, ultra-low latency for your VSTs/softsynths/Reason/FL, oodles of on board effects and a great built in zero latency, 32 channel patchmix (a mixer in simple terms) to bring it all together.
If you use Reason like me you can "rewire" straight to the patchmix's individual channels... i.e. you dont need cubase. And all this for around £129 or $199!!!

ALTHOUGH... there are a few downsides. 1- its not a good card for playing games (loss of sound sometimes or the sound distorts), 2- its a bit complicated for beginners.

Response to Sound card 2005-08-20 07:08:33

I have a sound blaster audigy 2 zs, got it for around 65 US dollars too and it works magnificently for me, 24 bit 192khz support and all that. Great card at a great price, in my opinion

Response to Sound card 2005-08-20 10:04:13

how much you willing to learn, pay for, and what do you want to do with it?

http://www.tweakhead.._the_home_studio.htm