00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ChaoticGimp just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Submission Problems, Help!

1,062 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio Submission Problems, Help! 2005-08-18 09:36:55

I have audio ready to submit to the portal but everytime i try to submit it, it says something like, submissions must be mp3. please go back and try again. I checked the guidelines and specs and as far as i can see, they meet them. My audio files are:

They are under 4mb,
There 44.1 hz,
They are 128 kbps,
They ARE mp3. files.

Why am i having this problem? Can anyone help me to upload my files?

Thanx, Viva La JaM

Response to Audio Submission Problems, Help! 2005-08-18 10:33:43

Hu? Never had that problem. Sure you converted into MP3? I mean this error doesn't come for fun.

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Submission Problems, Help! 2005-08-18 10:52:42

yeah i had the same problem....but then i realized that i didn't convert it to an mp3....

Response to Audio Submission Problems, Help! 2005-08-18 12:35:36

No there definately mp3. Im converting them with dBpowerAMP, wot r u guys using? anythings worth a try!

Response to Audio Submission Problems, Help! 2005-08-18 12:55:11

At 8/18/05 12:35 PM, Viva_La_JaM wrote: No there definately mp3. Im converting them with dBpowerAMP, wot r u guys using? anythings worth a try!

thats the problem that program does something to the file get an other converter...

I used to get an illgal operartion when I was using it then I had to get wade to take it off.

Response to Audio Submission Problems, Help! 2005-08-18 13:32:03

yeah i have done, only now this converter has s**t loads of adware! oh well at least it works.

Response to Audio Submission Problems, Help! 2005-08-18 14:12:40

I had the same exact problem. I found it was the program I was using to convert to MP3. Do a google search for wav to mp3 converters and tons will come up. Keep trying until one works.

Response to Audio Submission Problems, Help! 2005-08-19 09:46:48

I get exactly the same, and i've tryed about 10 different ones. I will e-mail someone the file because this is really pissing me off now, i've been trying for a week and a half now.

Response to Audio Submission Problems, Help! 2005-08-20 17:36:38

Right, if your Mp3s will not upload to this site its most likely your converter. Newgrounds seems to only accept Mp3s converted with certain programs. This is how to find one that DOES work, its the one i had to change to.

From the Newgrounds homepage click on Forums, then Audio. Click on the topic called 'New To Audio: Click Here.' Under the software section you should see, 'Audio Software: Sound Converters.' Click it. There is a list of recommended converters there, but a couple dont work properly. Click on the one that says, 'M3 Wav To MP3 Converter.' That definately works but i comes with shitty adware.

Hope you found this useful!