00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Asora92 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Poem for song needed.

833 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Poem for song needed. 2005-08-17 22:36:31

im writing a song right now that in the middle I slow down and kind read a poem. Sorta like the Jeffersons or the Doors. with they whole music in the background thing. when I post I will give credit to the poet. what the song is about is War and how it sucks ass, greedy polititions, and the people who die in the war. So its kinda anti-war and less anti-government. I am truly looking for something that is headed twards the solders and how we love them or how we missed them. If you could email them to me blixss@gmail.com I would greatly appreciate it. like I said you will get credit for it. thank you

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-17 22:41:42

Here's the most famous one:

In Flanders Fields

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved, and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders Fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders Fields.

-- John McCrae

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-17 23:06:42

well im kinda looking for something new. something that was writen by someone like a ng user or something. something fresh, not heard of yet.

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-17 23:12:14

At 8/17/05 11:06 PM, Crazy_Train wrote: well im kinda looking for something new. something that was writen by someone like a ng user or something. something fresh, not heard of yet.

I don't know how easy it will be to find a good poet on Newgrounds.Good luck though and what happened to that metal song you were writing?

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-17 23:33:56

well im damned good at poetry, just ni need to know what kind of setting you need.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-17 23:36:43

At 8/17/05 11:33 PM, Theblackhawk wrote: well im damned good at poetry, just ni need to know what kind of setting you need.

he told you what kind of setting he needed at the beginning of the thread.

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-17 23:41:07

speedmetalmessiah ... i put it down. for now atleast. I actually have been working on this song for 6 months and figured it was about time I finished it lol. also the song Im working on is going to take a long time to finish. I want to post it when I fell 100% about it. Right now im on 54% happy with it so I have alot of work.

Theblackhawk something easy listen to the doors songs when morison kinda just recited poetry instead of singing. the mood is on a down note. like almost a sad felling. Its hard to explain it besides a sad kinda mood.

I will be playing this song on acoustic. or acoustic pedal through my electric. and an easy set of drums as to not complicate things. thanks for all the replies. Im ALMOST finished writing the whole song.

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-17 23:42:36

also on the email plz subject name it to "The War Song Poem" to help me out thanks

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-17 23:59:07

there i sent ya an e-mail see how ya like it

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-18 01:21:21

Hey, I support you 100% on this idea but if you don't want to go ahead and use my idea, that's fine.

I have a great idea! If you finish the song before or in November, release the song on Veteran's Day, November 11th. Hopefully you'll use that idea to your advantage. Trust me, that idea will give you great respect from me and other NG users.

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-18 04:16:54

Here is a pseudo-haiku:

War is gay
Politicians are gay
Dying in battle trully sucks ass.

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-18 09:50:35

At 8/18/05 01:21 AM, Starsailor wrote: I have a great idea! If you finish the song before or in November, release the song on Veteran's Day, November 11th. Hopefully you'll use that idea to your advantage. Trust me, that idea will give you great respect from me and other NG users.

good idea. I was thinking of posting it whenever and send a copy to that woman that is waiting to talk to bush about her child that died over seas. Veteran's Day would be perfect.

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-18 09:52:39

Use my poem!!!

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-18 11:27:35

I'm glad you're taking my idea into consideration!

:D

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-18 12:20:53

At 8/18/05 11:27 AM, Starsailor wrote: I'm glad you're taking my idea into consideration!

D

I am...in fact I was playing with it before I had to go to work.

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-18 13:09:18

At 8/18/05 12:20 PM, Crazy_Train wrote:
At 8/18/05 11:27 AM, Starsailor wrote: I'm glad you're taking my idea into consideration!

D
I am...in fact I was playing with it before I had to go to work.

Cool! Remember what I said... release it on November 11th.

Response to Poem for song needed. 2005-08-19 13:58:10

well guys so far I have had only one email. I was hoping for atleast to have 3 to 4 emails to chose from. Though I do like the one poem that was sent to me I just wanted more. Thanks everyone.