00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Happy Clock Day!

17,104 Views | 188 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:23:06

Happy Clock Day, friends and neighbors. I actually set my alarm to wake me in time to submit my first movie at 1 second past midnight EST (6am where I live)! Then I went back to sleep. :D

Thanks to Tom for the support, thanks to the Clock Crew for this joyous celebration. On behalf of the greater part of the Clock Crew I would like to stress that the Clock Crew is not responsible for the mass spamming of bad movies - this is the combined work of Clocks who don't understand the purpose of Clock Day (working on your movie for months in advance to create a day's worth showcasing of the Clock Crew's best talents), but see it as the opportunity to attack the Portal with shitty Flash with the knowledge that protection point junkies will vote anything past judgement today. The Clock Crew is not above the occasional prank on NG, but we would never conspire to do something like this.

Please believe me when I say we Clocks are giving good votes to good movies and bad votes to bad movies today as on any other day, especially because the clogging of the Portal has pushed down a lot of good Clock Day movies that will now not receive the attention they deserve.

Also, there are still some good movies to come once the clouds of spam have cleared up a bit.

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:23:50

Ahh take cover i just checked the flash portal and there was 34 crappy clock flashes ahhh, Tom Fulp ban those losers!

(I accidenly posted with my old old account sorry)

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:24:06

I'd like frontpage, but you have to put Rupeeclock's on

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:26:35

Happy Clock Day! I don't really like Clock flashes, and I don't have suggestions for the front page :/

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:27:23

And a Happy Clock Day to you too, Tom

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:32:26

At 8/15/05 09:27 AM, AngelicClock wrote: And a Happy Clock Day to you too, Tom

stfu clock n00b

D

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:33:05

wow tom, you really spoil us <3

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:33:11

Put AlbinoClock's "Clocked Out 2" on the front page.

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:33:43

At 8/15/05 09:16 AM, PureCarnage wrote: Yeah... it's a crazy day to say the least, I should have probably waited to submit my flash, but meh... I worked mad crazy on it.

Tell me about it, me getting Frontpage is probably the only chance of any publicity reaching my movie today... I mean these spammers caused my movie to only get 25 or so reviews, but yet it scores 4.00!!

Link to my hardworked flash

At 8/15/05 09:22 AM, heatwave9 wrote: Ahh take cover i just checked the flash portal and there was 34 crappy clock flashes ahhh, Tom Fulp ban those losers!

Idiot, those weren't submitted by Clocks.

At 8/15/05 09:24 AM, l1fty wrote: I'd like frontpage, but you have to put Rupeeclock's on

Don't be so modest, we could both have a place, there's 12 spaces on there after all. :)

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:35:50

so thats why newgrounds is as slow as a snail on dope today!!!
i saw a lot of movies today and i think that it isn't really that bad with the "crap clogging up the portal", i've decided to only vote for movies i think are worth voting for, like the noir clock thingy, that was good.

i wish you all a happy clock day, and may all they crap submitters be smitten to the ground by allah's fist

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:40:13

Happy Clock Day everyone!
The Void III should be coming out at some point today!
HURRAYZ!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:43:11

Hey guys, stop all the hate. This is a day of celebration :D

I didn't have time to make a movie thought.

Happy Clockday.

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:45:43

At 8/15/05 09:23 AM, bloodrush900 wrote: Ahh take cover i just checked the flash portal and there was 34 crappy clock flashes ahhh, Tom Fulp ban those losers!

(I accidenly posted with my old old account sorry)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No really, ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:49:31

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 09:59:38

At 8/15/05 09:33 AM, RupeeClock wrote: stuff

Its good to see some good ClockCrew flash today, I've only seen 1 or 2 that I liked and yours was one of them.. yours was different because it was funny as hell, good job and congrats on getting frontpage.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 10:00:07

I WIN >:)

FRONTPAGE FOR TEH MEH!!! >:D

I am a very happy Clock today.

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 10:02:20

At 8/15/05 08:49 AM, TomFulp wrote: HAPPY CLOCK DAY everyone!

Today is the FOURTH birthday of the Clock Crew, the most infamous group of artists on Newgrounds!

Please forgive the double-post (I had some typos)....

Mr. Fulp, I know you are quite busy running Newgrounds, but if you could answer a question, it would be much appreciated.

As you must be acutely aware, the Clock Crew is a rather a controversial group. At times the "Clock Genre" and questionable voting techniques have been called into question. I have been quite vocal about this on the BBS.

I know you want to maintain the community feel of Newgrounds and not turn a single flash artist away. However, given the nature of the Clock Crew, I feel that more damage is occurring to Newgrounds than benefit.

When new visitors come to the site and eventually find their way to the Portal - they are quite impressed. The idea of quality control and a voting system is progressive and quite laudable. However, after a short quite it becomes obvious that the score a movie receives has little to do with its actual quality.

In fact, for certain genres, movies have inexplicably high score where the flash itself does not warrant it.

I feel that a large number of flash developers have, upon this realization, not submitted their work or basically become disconnected with the site. In this sense, the Clock Crew costs Newgrounds a large selection of quality movies.

Are you going to take steps to counter this long-stemming problem? You might be able to resolve the problem by increasing the vote threshold to a higher number - perhaps 400. You could allow members to blow the whistle on suspected "cheats". Finally, the system could do some quick statistical analysis on votes to determine if a percentage falls outside the normalized score.

Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 10:03:13

It's kinda sad that the creator of newgrounds is fine with this.

This is my first time to experience this god-less day, and my god. I could tell that there was mass voting like none-other.

Well if you want your flash to get in with 100% sureness, submit on clock day, where crap seems to flow like water.

this guy fucking wants to be Cthulhu's jewish mother on some type of period and minopouse [sic] fusion!

-homor-

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 10:18:13

Happy Clockday everyone!

<3

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 10:27:45

What was clock Clockday like last year?

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 10:30:36

Happy Clock Day!

thought id get in the spirit of things :)

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 10:34:45

Happy Clock Day everybody!!!

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 10:44:43

SHIT!

OrangeClock and SBC just submitted a new movie, "fffff" but it got flagged?! NOES!!

fffff

Link to normal thing.

Mr Fulp, PLEASE unflag this for great justice!! :'(

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 10:45:24

Here's mine.

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/258877

Hope you like it

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 10:52:18

FRONT PAGE! This is the greatest day of my life :')

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 10:53:41

At 8/15/05 10:44 AM, RupeeClock wrote: fffff

Fucking genius.

Though I prefer the idea of SBC NUMA.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 11:00:30

Happy lock day

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 11:08:28

Happy Clock Day to you too!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 11:21:59

Happy B Day Clocks.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Clock Day! 2005-08-15 11:26:31

I would just like to say, My account (Dream_Walker) has been banned from posting. Im sure due to the fact i openly blammed crap entries by all the clocks. And told them what I (and im sure im not the only one) really though of there clock day and its crap entries. so im assuming 500 clock ppl marked my reviews abusive or not helpful. This is simply B/S. If you read all my reviews i've posted. I am always fair, and honest. If it's crap I say it is. If it's bad but with a lil work could be good, I give the nesseary constructive critasizem. I have been thanked several times for that. Now I cannot post reviews, beacuse i didnt buy into "crap day" and voted and reviewd honestly. I said what everyone really though about this crap. Only clock ppl like clock day and the portal is soooo flooded we cant even view the "REAL" submissions. Not only that, but some of the good submissions will get catalogued with clock day page when I've seen a couple that are front page matireal, and in no way involved with clocks. The portal should be locked. and the crap entries filterd out, and the protect points taken away. This is blatent abuse of the system. And most are only going along with it because they dont want to lose protect points, or have there honest reviews marked like mine were. Oh and yes, I used the word F**K about 5-6 times, and they deserved every one of them. Ppl use words like this all time when a submission is that crappy. Why should it be diffrent on clock day. when 500 ppl are out to abuse the system, and get there garbage posted on newgrounds?