00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

attention ebay people

393 Views | 7 Replies

attention ebay people 2005-08-11 13:49:51

i have a question that someone who uses ebay alot may be able to answer.

My friend and I want to buy two items from the one seller and we figured that just one of us should buy the two and then we could split the charge of delivery.

I sent the seller a message asking about multiple purchases like this using the service ebay provides and left my email but its been a week and no word. I tried calling the shops hotline but thats no god either.

My question is... if i use my ebay account to buy both the items can i place them both as one order afterwards and therefore only pay for half the delivery charge?

Alternatively does anyone have any ideas that i may not have thought of to solve my problem?

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature

Response to attention ebay people 2005-08-11 13:52:02

Pay for said items, and explain that you want seperate postage. If your paying by paypal, explain in the section where you can leave a messege, also contact them via email AND ebay. That way they HAVE to have seen it.
The postage wont be exactly half the original postage unless both items fall into the same weight catagory.

Response to attention ebay people 2005-08-11 13:53:49

If I'm not mistaken, if the two items are sold by the same seller, you can request that they are sent in the same package so to save on shipping. However, depending on the items and the seller, this is sometimes not allowed.

Sig provided by HellboundNinja

BBS Signature

Response to attention ebay people 2005-08-11 13:56:50

At 8/11/05 01:52 PM, -Brecklez- wrote: Pay for said items, and explain that you want seperate postage. If your paying by paypal, explain in the section where you can leave a messege, also contact them via email AND ebay. That way they HAVE to have seen it.

i can't find the sellers email anywhere tho... i just had to send them a msg through ebay. If i win the auction, or hit buy now, is there a space to send a message?

The postage wont be exactly half the original postage unless both items fall into the same weight catagory.

yeh i know that... it'll still work out cheaper tho i think.

BBS Signature

Response to attention ebay people 2005-08-11 14:00:20

At 8/11/05 01:56 PM, theabominablematt wrote:
At 8/11/05 01:52 PM, -Brecklez- wrote: Pay for said items, and explain that you want seperate postage. If your paying by paypal, explain in the section where you can leave a messege, also contact them via email AND ebay. That way they HAVE to have seen it.
i can't find the sellers email anywhere tho... i just had to send them a msg through ebay. If i win the auction, or hit buy now, is there a space to send a message?

if you pay using paypal, you can leave them a messege when u send payment. its a little box that says "Messege to seller"

yeh i know that... it'll still work out cheaper tho i think.

it wont work out cheaper. It will just mean that the items are posted to seperate houses (if thats what your intending to do.

Response to attention ebay people 2005-08-11 14:04:12

At 8/11/05 02:00 PM, -Brecklez- wrote: if you pay using paypal, you can leave them a messege when u send payment. its a little box that says "Messege to seller"

allright cheers, i'll do it that way. I clicked on the link in your sig to give you my soul as a thank you but apparently i already lost mine........

it wont work out cheaper. It will just mean that the items are posted to seperate houses (if thats what your intending to do.

no see i'm planning on having the two items delivered to my house and then deliver my friends item to him myself. I pay for mine and he pays for his and we split the postage. I would think it would be cheaper that way.

BBS Signature

Response to attention ebay people 2005-08-12 06:28:07

At 8/11/05 02:04 PM, theabominablematt wrote:
no see i'm planning on having the two items delivered to my house and then deliver my friends item to him myself. I pay for mine and he pays for his and we split the postage. I would think it would be cheaper that way.

Oh i see, well basically it depends if when combining the weight of the 2, it falls into the next weight catagory. If not then yes it will be cheaper.

Response to attention ebay people 2005-08-12 06:48:37

If the guy hasnt replied to your emails or you cant find his email address...maybe you should stay clear of that seller.