00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DunciFlipz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Vote 5 survey

1,839 Views | 33 Replies

Response to Vote 5 survey 2005-08-11 23:40:56

At 8/10/05 04:15 AM, josh_tamugaia wrote:
In your opinion, what would you suppose to see, in a flash game or movie, that would make you say "WHOA AWESOME! I WILL VOTE 5" and actually vote 5?

For a cartoon: Graphics don't have to be perfect. An interesting story. What's an interesting story? Something that is appealing to everyone and not just a 13 year old who plays xbox.

For a game: Something really random or games you can't buy at a store. Games like Screech getting raped by A.C. Slater to earn money to fix his dad's car. Or Games that are social commentary on what's going on.

I'd vote higher on those things.

Response to Vote 5 survey 2005-08-12 00:26:36

Graphical presentation, solid storyline, compelling characters, effective display of action, appropriate levels of "Service", appropriate filesize for its content...

Most important would be if the authour used the "Plot Graph". It's vital for a good story.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Vote 5 survey 2005-08-12 00:34:13

At 8/10/05 04:15 AM, josh_tamugaia wrote: I've seen stuff like sprite-using, keyframing, 3D, KB games, even 6MB games, sims, awesome tweening, complex games, strategy games, fighting games and some pointless games getting awards. So I can't make any assumptions as of what type of style of flash movies/games users would think would be great. So I'd like to make a survey.

Yeah Yeah.. Different type of movie/games no matter what style or type can be good. You can't actually label 5 movies by their type/style.

In your opinion, what would you suppose to see, in a flash game or movie, that would make you say "WHOA AWESOME! I WILL VOTE 5" and actually vote 5?

Uhh plain and simple a movie/game that is great and very much enjoyable.

Thanks.

No problem.

BBS Signature

Response to Vote 5 survey 2005-08-12 00:47:43

At 8/10/05 04:15 AM, josh_tamugaia wrote: In your opinion, what would you suppose to see, in a flash game or movie, that would make you say "WHOA AWESOME! I WILL VOTE 5" and actually vote 5?

Anything that someone put a lot of effort into it. I'm talking about months of planning and work.

For example:

Movies

-subtitles
-eastereggs
-scene selection
-good storyline
-good graphics(sprite or otherwise)
-fitting music and sound
-humor/violence

Games

-addictive
-lots of action/roleplaying