00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Wi/Ht Regulars List (RCVL)

146,539 Views | 1,654 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht Regulars List (RCVL) 2011-01-09 21:00:24

I just had to make a post here. It's pretty sad seeing how this list has been declining in activity in just some months. Bahamut asking what we should do with this historical thread almost shocks me.
I'll never forget those days back in 2007-09 when a lot of users wanted to contribute here, but life moves on.

Maybe if Tom talked more about the Wi/Ht forum it would boost the forum's popularity a bit. It could work, I think.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Regulars List (RCVL) 2011-01-09 22:27:50

At 12/5/10 12:40 PM, Bahamut wrote: As you can easily tell, there hasn't been a Regulars List for a while now. This has been for two reasons:

1) Lack of activity. This is something we all know. The activity for Wi/Ht? hasn't been the same as it was back in 2008 when it was all bright and colourful to me. Now it's a real struggle to find any new potentials. Who knows, maybe there ARE good potentials out there but I haven't noticed them.

I think there are a few that pop in once in a while, but none that seem to really last very long.

2) Less time. With a full-time job, being a BBS mod and doing other things outside the house, I've just had less time and motivation to look through all the latest threads in Wi/Ht.

I feel the same way (minus the mod part) I've been more busy with real life things, and have been lacking in the Wi/Ht department. I also see a lot less things to answer than before. I think maybe there's a drop in new users. At least that would explain it.

With these two points, I'll have to step down with taking care of the Regulars List. The next thing will be whether to keep the list going or call it a day and just focus on the Member List only. With less potential users showing up, I feel it's alright to just concentrate on the Member List. However, if that's the case, I'd like to set some standards so we don't get users entering the Member List just for doing well for one month and then bugger off afterwards.

Hmmm... interesting step. If you do decide to concentrate only on the members list, I think the requirements are pretty good the way they are now. I guess it'll just be picking from users who have been around longer instead of the regulars list.

What are your thoughts? Do you want someone else to take care of the Regulars List or do you think we're better off just keeping it to the Member List?

In all honesty, if you would like to pass the torch, I would be more than willing and happy to try and carry it, although I know it can be a heavy burden, I'll give it my best shot.

Response to Wi/Ht Regulars List (RCVL) 2014-09-04 00:07:21

Would anyone be up for a reboot of this thread? Is there enough activity to warrant it ? I'd like to become a bit more active around here again. Post or PM me if your interested!

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Regulars List (RCVL) 2014-09-04 18:42:58

Even though I'm not active here; it would be a pleasure seeing this active again knowing that there was still a strong enough Wi/Ht community.

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Regulars List (RCVL) 2014-09-05 10:10:15

At 9/4/14 06:42 PM, Xiivi wrote: Even though I'm not active here; it would be a pleasure seeing this active again knowing that there was still a strong enough Wi/Ht community.

I'd love nothing more then to see this thread active as well! Problem is, I haven't been active here in a few years myself. So I'm not sure if there is a strong enough community to see this through ! Hopefully this place can thrive again ! Anyone up for this ??

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature