00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dad 'n Me on G4TV

13,195 Views | 122 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 01:56:16

Big thanks to Attack of the Show on G4TV for featuring Dad 'n Me today on live television! They showed a really generous stretch of footage which went all the way from the intro to the fight with Wilbur. You can catch repeats this weekend.

It's also cool to see websites such as Joystiq.com providing coverage for Dad 'n Me! Thanks guys!

I've noticed that under the new collection system, pages with .swf file title graphics have a tremendous lag when they load. It must be something to do with the table structure and the pre-loading of the .swf before it renders on the page. Has anyone else notices this? Basically, you'll have gotten a long lag on collections such as the Video Game Parodies page.

I'm working on replacing all the .swf titles with GIFs. Trying to make them more fun than the originals to make up for the lack of Flash on the page. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 01:59:12

Thats great, more puiblicity means more people, which means more users, which means more stuff.

Just read 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces' by Joe Campbell. Now I need a new book. PM me suggestions!

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:02:05

Lucky you. Thats heaps of publicity!

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:02:55

At 7/30/05 01:56 AM, TomFulp wrote: Big thanks to Attack of the Show on G4TV for featuring Dad 'n Me today on live television! They showed a really generous stretch of footage which went all the way from the intro to the fight with Wilbur. You can catch repeats this weekend.

Damn, I really need to get a sattelite (sp?) dish so I can view G4tv. Well, this must have given you a big boost for your Dad n' Me game. I really think you should make that into a game just like Alien Hominid. If you do, I'd like to see the father and the son team up. The father would be stronger yet slower, and the sun would be the opposite really. Plus, they could do combo moves together that cant be down alone.

It's also cool to see websites such as Joystiq.com providing coverage for Dad 'n Me! Thanks guys!

As soon as I hit the "Post it!" button, Im going there to see for myself.

I've noticed that under the new collection system, pages with .swf file title graphics have a tremendous lag when they load. It must be something to do with the table structure and the pre-loading of the .swf before it renders on the page. Has anyone else notices this? Basically, you'll have gotten a long lag on collections such as the Video Game Parodies page.

Well, I really havent checked per say, but I will. Hopefully it wont lag.

I'm working on replacing all the .swf titles with GIFs. Trying to make them more fun than the originals to make up for the lack of Flash on the page. :)

Sick.

Anyway, congrats on Dad n' Me receiving the excellent score. Hope to see more from DanPaladin and yourself, you guys do EXCELLENT work.

Thank you for your time.

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:03:38

Awww. I missed AOTS today, hopefully I'll see the rerun this weekend, Newgrounds has been getting so much publicity lately :-P

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:04:11

hah I make a topic like this and nobody Gave a fuck see look i saw it at 4 pm PST but yeah that was fricking sweet though heh the guy only metioned you and not dan and they showed knox getting his ass kicked on Dad n me and he trough a propane tank at dan (paliden)

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:04:42

the more the better and with the more people newgrounds will get great new flash artists and will have great new things keep up the great work guys

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:06:35

Sweet.

But Tom. Please don't make the next Behemoth game a side-scroller.... Please.

:(

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:13:33

That's awesome. Can you handle all the bandwidth usage though? 0_0

Yay, first post!

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:13:59

I haven't noticed much of a lag, but i got broadband so i don't know how it is for the dial-up people. I know how long it takes to load a page and if it lags that must be horrible. I hope it can be fixed to where it works out better for them soon.
I wonder if Dad 'n Me is gonna be even more popular than Alien Hominoid. It would be interesting to see if the gerneral public would find that kind of a game interesting on a console.

this guy fucking wants to be Cthulhu's jewish mother on some type of period and minopouse [sic] fusion!

-homor-

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:17:01

At 7/30/05 02:15 AM, Dobio wrote: Congrats on the publicity Tom, you definitely deserve it.

Where are you, Cleaver? You'd never let me get away with this sort of generic comment >__<
:P

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:17:12

Well an encore is on in forty five minutes, I'll make sure to catch it. Thats cool that you got publicity on AOTS, and maybe they'll do it in the future as well.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:17:37

Man Tom Dad 'N Me is doing great. You should turn it into a console game.

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:23:50

any free publicity is good publicity

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:29:08

wow niceone free publicity!!

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:31:55

g4 loves you tom. and with all that plublicity perhaps our good ol tom is gonna get a half hour special every now and then. "tom's choice" where tom reviews games.

btw is dad n me gonna get to be a game too? cuz then i would buy it, and im sure many otheres would too

If you would like to discuss something do not hesitate to contact me

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:35:12

At 7/30/05 02:17 AM, Suicidal-kid wrote: Man Tom Dad 'N Me is doing great. You should turn it into a console game.

aggred mainly cause it lags so much on my computer <_> and even then it still rocks

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:39:36

first post.

congrats tom :)

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:39:39

At 7/30/05 02:06 AM, da_pope wrote: Sweet.

(

Ok, we'll make a first person shooter instead. Or maybe a racing game.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:41:06

At 7/30/05 02:39 AM, TomFulp wrote: Ok, we'll make a first person shooter instead. Or maybe a racing game.

yeah man that would rock there isn't many o' those in the portal

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:44:49

At 7/30/05 02:15 AM, Dobio wrote: Congrats on the publicity Tom, you definitely deserve it.

Dammit dobio, put some effort into your posts. My grandma makes better posts than you.

There NegativeONE, happy?

Congrats Tom. I can't imagine being in your position where your flash games get such publicity. Hell, you do deserve it though. Dad 'n Me is one of the best games I've played in a long time. I keep playing it again and again looking for more efficient ways to kill the harder characters. :)

I could surely die

If I only had some pie

Club-a-Club Club, son

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:44:50

At 7/30/05 02:39 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/30/05 02:06 AM, da_pope wrote: Sweet.

(
Ok, we'll make a first person shooter instead. Or maybe a racing game.

OR MAYBE A FIRST PERSON RACING GAME.

Yeah.

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:46:05

Actually I've been noticing SWF's not wanting to load in GENERAL as of late, on NG anyway...

For example, sometimes the voting bar doesn't appear properly, the SWF will load, but then it doesn't, you just get an invisable thing you can rightclick and do nothing with, no option to vote.
That could just be my computer though.

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:47:05

There is a repeat of the show at 3:00am EST (15 minutes) .. Just tune in in 15 minutes to watch today's AOTS rerun

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:48:35

damn im busy at that time :(

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:49:53

At 7/30/05 02:44 AM, Star_Cleaver wrote: There NegativeONE, happy?

Not really. Where's the smarm and snark you always gave me? I'm not feeling it. I haven't for a long time. Is the romance gone already.

I feel I should say something relevant to the thread..
This is indeed great news. It's apparent that you've made a long-lasting connection that will pay off in more ways than one. As several have said, this is well deserved for all the hard work that obviously went into the game.

BBS Signature

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:53:44

AOTS rocks, you did great on the show Tom.

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 02:55:58

yeah man you rock tom

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 03:05:29

At 7/30/05 03:02 AM, FBIpolux wrote: That game is great. It merits as much awards as possible. It would have been great if it would have been longer tough.

yeah man i totally agree

Response to Dad 'n Me on G4TV 2005-07-30 03:22:12

I see it already, mofunzone displaying Dad 'n Me on their site >:(