00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4510mike just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

War Of The Worlds - Good Movie!

2,208 Views | 42 Replies

War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:19:40

Hello ng! I have watched the BEST movie directed by Steven Spielberg called War of the Worlds. Tom Cruise played an AMAZING part and it was just unbelievable.

Anyone else here seen the movie? What's you input on it?

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:20:37

I heard it was good, I really want to go see it but I'm broke right now. I've been making free dates right and left so I can still be a "gentleman" and take the lady to a nice date without paying any cash. ;)

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:21:13

At 7/23/05 11:19 PM, LinkinDude wrote: Hello ng! I have watched the BEST movie directed by Steven Spielberg called War of the Worlds. Tom Cruise played an AMAZING part and it was just unbelievable.

It's good but I wouldn't say its Steven Spielbergs best movie ever. Tom Cruise wasn't bad, but Dakota Fanning was annoying.

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:22:24

You better be careful the Tom Cruise haters don't come and flame you. If you're a Tom Fulp hater, get off of newgrounds. Tom Fulp's presence is everywhere.

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:22:52

I thought it was great!!! The beggining was deffinitely the best part. But I didn't like the end.

- ><--stick vs. sprites-->< - ><--flat beat-->< - ><--pico vs. sticks-->< -

BBS Signature

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:23:14

i wanna see it

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:24:21

At 7/23/05 11:22 PM, brainface wrote: I thought it was great!!! The beggining was deffinitely the best part. But I didn't like the end.

The end rocked!! It was very 19th centuryish. Morgan Freeman was GREAT!!!

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:25:34

The special effects were breathtaking...and it went (for the most part) by the book.

The only thing that I didn't like was that Tom Cruise was in nearly EVERY shot...and I do mean EVERY shot. I've heard that it was in his contract that he would get a lot of screen time in War of the Worlds, and boy oh boy, did he.

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:27:49

I think I'm going to watch it again... but it's been giving me nightmares believe it or not.

The movie didn't scare me, but trust me, if you'd be in that kind of situation, you'd be scared out of your mind, I know this because of those dreams. :s (bold for emphasis)

Apologies aren't what I look for. Redemption is what I want!

Look at my profile to see a true cockhead! DO IT NOW!

BBS Signature

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:30:25

At 7/23/05 11:24 PM, seventy-one wrote:
At 7/23/05 11:22 PM, brainface wrote: I thought it was great!!! The beggining was deffinitely the best part. But I didn't like the end.
The end rocked!! It was very 19th centuryish. Morgan Freeman was GREAT!!!

you mean 20th centuryish? BUt I mean come on!!! How does the teenager show up at the end and why is the house in boston perfectly fine?

- ><--stick vs. sprites-->< - ><--flat beat-->< - ><--pico vs. sticks-->< -

BBS Signature

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:33:33

It was alright and the ending was alright but it came a littke to fast. just remember when ever aliens invade go to Boston

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:35:07

At 7/23/05 11:30 PM, brainface wrote:
At 7/23/05 11:24 PM, seventy-one wrote: The end rocked!! It was very 19th centuryish. Morgan Freeman was GREAT!!!
you mean 20th centuryish? BUt I mean come on!!! How does the teenager show up at the end and why is the house in boston perfectly fine?

I was reffering to the book which was written in 1898 around the Jules Verne sci-fi era and those endings always (most of the time) have to do with detail, and the ending to which I was reffering to was the last narration by Morgan Freeman, where he explains how the aliens died. I do think that Robbie (the teenager) should've been dead.

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:37:24

I agree completly man. The ending was ok but I prefered the "body" of the script.

At 7/23/05 11:20 PM, Pilot-Doofy wrote: I heard it was good, I really want to go see it but I'm broke right now. I've been making free dates right and left so I can still be a "gentleman" and take the lady to a nice date without paying any cash. ;)

Now that is funny, Doofy! For as long as I have been on the BBS, you never seise to amaze me with your humourious remarks and very funny REmakrs. Well done Man!

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:38:38

At 7/23/05 11:30 PM, brainface wrote:
At 7/23/05 11:24 PM, seventy-one wrote:
At 7/23/05 11:22 PM, brainface wrote:

spoiler alert

We never actually saw the teen die, we just saw an explosion on th hill. So it was possible he escaped with other soilders or by himself. And I'm just guessing that none of the machines made it far enough to the house, so I'm not too sure on that last one.

spice runs the universe, faggot

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:39:29

It's simply another movie of killing. It bores me...

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-23 23:41:24

At 7/23/05 11:19 PM, LinkinDude wrote: Hello ng! I have watched the BEST movie directed by Steven Spielberg called War of the Worlds. Tom Cruise played an AMAZING part and it was just unbelievable.

Well i have heard mixed reviews about it. Some are bad..some are okay, and some are great this being one of the great ones. I think ill wait before it comes out on DVD.

BBS Signature

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:09:28

Good movie, but I wouldn't call it his best. ET, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Jaws were better.

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:10:49

the BEST movie directed by ole steve? I doubt it, it was a pretty av film, no way near does it compare with Jaws

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:12:37

I thought it was okay, but the girl was so damn annoying. I didn't like the ending because it ruined the whole "intelligent alien" figure, even if that was how the radio drama ended. What kind of genious alien race doesn't bring space suits on a different world? The desereved it. Anyway, I don't think it was Spielberg's best film, but it was good.

BBS Signature

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:12:39

I couldnt stop laughing for like 10 minutes after I heard what noise the Tripods made, MREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:14:48

I saw it 2 days after it came out. It was FUCKING AWESOME.

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:15:40

it was a good movie, but i didnt like the ending.

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:15:45

At 7/24/05 12:12 AM, -Black_Magic- wrote: I couldnt stop laughing for like 10 minutes after I heard what noise the Tripods made, MREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

That sound scared the shit out of me.

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:17:37

At 7/24/05 12:15 AM, -Diego- wrote:
At 7/24/05 12:12 AM, -Black_Magic- wrote: I couldnt stop laughing for like 10 minutes after I heard what noise the Tripods made, MREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
That sound scared the shit out of me.

it was funny as heel, and if the aliens were so smart, why exactly did they have to plan what they were going to do for a million year? Why didn't they just take over while we were still in caves?

BBS Signature

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:17:53

EEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Guess what?

You're immature.

I hate people who laugh at things in serious movies. What the fuck was so funny about the horn thing the aliens used to signal each other? God..

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:18:05

war of the worlds was good. yes. but it wasnt the best steven s. movie. SAVING PRIVATE FUCKING RYAN.

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:19:27

The ending was simply retarted. The aliens (or whatever you want to call them) died because of bacteria. That is simply pathetic and made me laugh.

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:20:21

At 7/24/05 12:19 AM, assonfire9111 wrote: The ending was simply retarted. The aliens (or whatever you want to call them) died because of bacteria. That is simply pathetic and made me laugh.

What did you expect?

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:21:40

At 7/24/05 12:19 AM, assonfire9111 wrote: The ending was simply retarted. The aliens (or whatever you want to call them) died because of bacteria. That is simply pathetic and made me laugh.

They planted ships in the ground and left.

They observed Earth from a huge distance.

Pay attention.

But... They were pretty stupid I guess. I mean, when they were looking at that picture in the guy's basement that helped Tom Cruise and his daughter, they acted like they never saw a picture before.. And yes, they didn't know anything about germs my way or your way, they were not very smart.

Response to War Of The Worlds - Good Movie! 2005-07-24 00:23:36

At 7/24/05 12:17 AM, _seth_ wrote:
EEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Guess what?

You're immature.

I hate people who laugh at things in serious movies. What the fuck was so funny about the horn thing the aliens used to signal each other? God..

BECAUSE, the horn was the most out of place sound in the entire movie? AND how can you call that a SERIOUS movie? IT WAS ABOUT ALIENS! well I just found it funny okay, is it immature to find things funny now?

BBS Signature