00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

3kip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Reason Thread

48,470 Views | 376 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-08 22:45:21

At 12/8/05 10:38 PM, ljcoffee wrote: I've only played with the demo - but I do have one question that I'm hoping that one of you could help me out with - I dunno ... maybe Ted Johnston can aswer this one as he really seems to know what he's talking about:
why exactly does Reason suck so much?

lol you said this in the FL one to just changed the name and the user...

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-08 22:53:12

At 12/8/05 10:45 PM, PiePie wrote: lol

Yeah - :D

see the comments in the other thread - I'm only playing - I'm actually thinking about buying Reason for myself as a gift. Then I really will need to ask questions here!

BBS Signature

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-09 02:35:08

Is the signal split parallell then?

Only i tried creating a spider mixer and it sounded quieter when i tried putting the same synth through it, at the same volume :S

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-09 20:31:16

At 12/9/05 02:35 AM, SpamWarrior wrote: Is the signal split parallell then?

ehhhhh, I don't really know what that means. heh. Adding a mixer to a previous one is just like adding more channels, that's all. It sounds the same to me.

Only i tried creating a spider mixer and it sounded quieter when i tried putting the same synth through it, at the same volume :S

Spider mixer? Are you talking about the "Line Mixer"?

Audio | Alter | It sounds like a fire hydrant went off in an old folks home with screaming babies field recorded, glitched, and spontaneously played back.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-10 11:08:19

At 12/9/05 08:31 PM, JonH2O wrote:
At 12/9/05 02:35 AM, SpamWarrior wrote: Is the signal split parallell then?
ehhhhh, I don't really know what that means. heh. Adding a mixer to a previous one is just like adding more channels, that's all. It sounds the same to me.
Spider mixer? Are you talking about the "Line Mixer"?

Erm, well its a chaining mixer, might've confused them due to excess bongage. I'll give it another try like, but i'm sure it was quieter :S

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-10 14:21:19

Theres a spider splitter/merger and a 6:2 line mixer, wich is just less powerconsumimng than the 14:4 one. And the spider splitter/merger shouldnt decrease volume, nor should any of the mixers... check if the cables jsut didnt run through a channel that allready had decreased volume, or through some effect or whatever?...

Wakka wakka

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-10 19:51:56

Hmmm seems i was too stoned when i first started toying with it. Now my tracks are going to be more interesting, tho a shitload harder to produce.

I'm thinking maybe, dump each channel to a wav and mix n master in acid? dunno if that would be the best idea tho :S

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-10 19:56:31

At 12/10/05 07:51 PM, SpamWarrior wrote:
I'm thinking maybe, dump each channel to a wav and mix n master in acid? dunno if that would be the best idea tho :S

I did that to cubase once, when i had some difficulties getting reason to go in slave mode. Plus, I wanted the visual overview of the stuff, wich u dont get when u just slave....

I suggest u just try it out man, experimenting is when u find the best methods for yourself :)

Wakka wakka

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-11 05:10:07

I found a bug in Reason 3 (3.0.3 does not fix it either).
I use NN-XT device for vocals in my songs, and sometimes Dr. Rex. I don't know if it's because they're 24 bit samples or what, but either device, if I run it through a few effect devices the Wav Export is always fucked up with absolute SHIT. Only when that audio sample is played.
'I don't really know exactly what it is. I've managed to target the problem in a couple of my songs. I had to bypass devices. I'm nearly certain that it has nothing to do with my CPU (although I know little about that stuff, so hell if I know).
I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem with Mixdown fuck ups. It plays fine in the program itself.

Blah.

The Reason Thread

Audio | Alter | It sounds like a fire hydrant went off in an old folks home with screaming babies field recorded, glitched, and spontaneously played back.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-11 06:57:51

At 12/11/05 05:10 AM, JonH2O wrote: I found a bug in Reason 3 (3.0.3 does not fix it either).
I use NN-XT device for vocals in my songs, and sometimes Dr. Rex. I don't know if it's because they're 24 bit samples or what, but either device, if I run it through a few effect devices the Wav Export is always fucked up with absolute SHIT. Only when that audio sample is played.
'I don't really know exactly what it is. I've managed to target the problem in a couple of my songs. I had to bypass devices. I'm nearly certain that it has nothing to do with my CPU (although I know little about that stuff, so hell if I know).
I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem with Mixdown fuck ups. It plays fine in the program itself.

Blah.

I've never had that problem, and i've played with vocals on more than one occasion. There must be a sample setting somwhere thats too low or somthing like that.

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-11 09:57:49

Never had that problem neither, but try out propellerhead.se ...
However, there are ome bugs in reason.. One I had (still have in a song, its pretty spooky... ) is that on a redrum, the sample slots gets muted on and off once in a while. Its really really spooky. Booh.

Wakka wakka

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-25 10:01:39

I finally got Reason 3.0 today. Expect pure pwnage.

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-25 14:46:12

At 12/25/05 10:01 AM, -API- wrote: I finally got Reason 3.0 today. Expect pure pwnage.

Oh yeah`??? yesterday I recieved my copy of Re-Cycle. I´m gonna kick-loop your asses over and over and over and over.... :D
Fucking great program!

Anyone else on NG using Re-Cycle???

Wakka wakka

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-25 18:29:21

At 12/25/05 02:46 PM, Rucklo wrote:
At 12/25/05 10:01 AM, -API- wrote: I finally got Reason 3.0 today. Expect pure pwnage.
Oh yeah`??? yesterday I recieved my copy of Re-Cycle. I´m gonna kick-loop your asses over and over and over and over.... :D
Fucking great program!

Anyone else on NG using Re-Cycle???

You can never defeat me. I will be invincible. Srsly.

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-25 18:44:46

Rucklo vs Api - The mustachioed lady

think about it... sounds like a good song already

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-25 19:09:51

At 12/25/05 06:29 PM, -API- wrote: You can never defeat me. I will be invincible. Srsly.

lol-lol, have u ever seen me wielding the malström? lol-lol ;)

Wakka wakka

Response to The Reason Thread 2005-12-25 20:08:26

that looks really awesome

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to The Reason Thread 2006-01-09 14:33:03

Trying to get the free refills available from propellerhead...

**Note these are only available to registered users so if you're not a legal Reason user you can't access any of them**

All the rest of the links are fine but I couldn't snag "linkpage Refill vol. 4" from getimo.de/linkpage

Apparently the site is down - Does anyone out there have the getimo.de linkpage Refill volumes? is there a mirror somewhere perhaps??

Or even - are there any other (recent) good links to free refills?

Any help would be appreciated.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reason Thread 2006-01-10 20:04:51

go to torrentspy.com
I got 1-9, but not 3, which somehow eluded me, and screwed up my dling.

Nine 700 MB refills chunks up your hard drive....alot

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to The Reason Thread 2006-01-10 20:39:00

At 1/10/06 08:04 PM, RyeGuyHead wrote: go to torrentspy.com

:) - I would only snag the rest of them if they are actually free - I won't pirate software - I'm all about getting freeware if it's good stuff but I absolutely must pay if it's not free, for several reasons...

Oh well - I guess linkpage number four escapes for now... I'm sure that propellerheads will either fix or remove the link soon enough.

Thanks though - and if I manage to find any decent sources out there, I'll be sure to post the links here.

I guess it would a little - it's not really that much though - I do video editing here and it's not uncommon to see video work files up around 15 or 20 GB each, but I have plenty of space so I'm not too worried about a few gigs.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reason Thread 2006-01-10 20:43:58

Discussion of the Pirates who plunder the software of music, is BANNED from the forums and is not aloud to be spoken. If you do so please go and review 10 audio portal songs to fix your mistake

This is a Public Broadcasting

Response to The Reason Thread 2006-01-10 22:56:00

At 1/10/06 08:43 PM, LeBloc wrote: This is a Public Broadcasting

Damn skippy...

I'm not judging - but I'm not condoning either

- Personally, I don't use anything that's not paid for in full - but then, I also make a decent amount of money so a few thousand in software isn't that big of a deal to me - but I know that quite a few of the peeps here probably can't afford to drop 500 on a single title i.e. Reason 3, so I can understand if someone slips a little

I'm not asking for links to *wink* "free" *wink* software a-la bit torrent - The title that I was asking about IS free to registered Reason 3 users - which I am...

I was only asking if anyone knew of a mirror as the primary download site seems to be teporarily unavailable, or for other quality freeware refill/patch sources.

Which leads me back to the topic for a moment,

I'd like to suggest pooling our resources - getting a bunch of good patches and samples together and so forth and packing them up so that we can all have a copy.

I'm dumping out a bunch of high quality samples from other synths - Reaktor and so on - but I don't yet have ReCycle - do any of you have it so that we can convert these samples into .rex files?

I'd like to get everything together and pack it up into a sort of NewGrounds AF Refill - and depending on how well we can get our acts together we can get it put up on the propellerhead site to be available to other reason users.

Maybe we can talk to Tom or Wade and see if they would be able to make it "official" - I think it would be great exposure for NewGrounds and specifically for the AP if a "NewGrounds.com" refill were made available directly to all registered Reason users.

Anyone interested in helping out with this?

One other point of interest - if you haven't visited the downloads section on propellerheads then you might have missed out on this one:

SkReasonExport 1.2a

Batch-Export Reason songs to Wav/Mp3/Mid

Input Formats
Reason Published Song (.rps)
Reason native Song (.rps)

Export Formats
Windows Wave (.wav)
MP3 (.mp3)
Midi File (.mid) (only RNS Songs!)

Should solve that pesky (lack of) MP3 export issue... I haven't yet tried it though - I'll post results as they are available...

BBS Signature

Response to The Reason Thread 2006-01-10 23:00:36

Lj I was talking bout Mr.Cool not you or anyone else just Mr.Cool

Also without directly choosing sides remember all this downloading stuff is legal were I am so guess what a guy like me does?

I said enough

Response to The Reason Thread 2006-01-10 23:19:50

At 1/10/06 11:00 PM, LeBloc wrote: Lj I was talking bout Mr.Cool not you or anyone else just Mr.Cool

No worries - and about any downloading that you might or might not do - no worries - like I said - I don't judge - :)

You interested in helping get a NG refill put together?

BBS Signature

Response to The Reason Thread 2006-01-11 06:52:38

At 1/10/06 10:56 PM, LJCoffee wrote:
I'm dumping out a bunch of high quality samples from other synths - Reaktor and so on - but I don't yet have ReCycle - do any of you have it so that we can convert these samples into .rex files?
Maybe we can talk to Tom or Wade and see if they would be able to make it "official" - I think it would be great exposure for NewGrounds and specifically for the AP if a "NewGrounds.com" refill were made available directly to all registered Reason users.

Anyone interested in helping out with this?

Man, that´s an awsome idea u got right there, this could (hopefully) give the audioportal some attention from reasonusers all over the world!

I got re-cycle at x-mas, and you can count me in for making such a thing as a Newgrounds-refill!

If someone who doesn´t use reason would like to contribute with .wav samples, home made of course, shouldn´t that be a possibility too, LJ?
Anyway, if you want me helping, just hook me up on MSN. I might be offline alot until mid march, since im on my way to Bali for a 2 months surf-vacation, but i am taking the lappie, so i can still be active from the beach :)
Best to e-mail me, but MSN add me if you wish.

rucklo@hotmail.com

Wakka wakka

Response to The Reason Thread 2006-01-11 09:19:02

At 1/11/06 06:52 AM, Rucklo wrote: If someone who doesn´t use reason would like to contribute with .wav samples, home made of course, shouldn´t that be a possibility too, LJ?

Absolutely - I'm creating a bunch of wav's myself - and since you have ReCycle, you should be able to pull files down from an ftp somewhere and process 'em into .rex files - we can then gather all of those up with any patches created - slam a little jpg together and pack a .rfl file - If we can get a thumbs up from NG then we can throw either the tank or A-bot in there...

I'll catch up with you on AIM sometime this week - And to anyone else who might be silently reading along - get your best patches together!

BBS Signature

Response to The Reason Thread 2006-01-11 11:17:58

double post... yeah yeah yeah - I've put up a small proof of concept - could a few of you check it out and see if there are any problems or suggestions:

--> Sample Unofficial Unblessed Unauthorized NG ReFill HERE <--

the file is only 23k and just has a few patches to see if everything works well for others.

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks

BBS Signature

Response to The Reason Thread 2006-01-11 11:40:50

Nice idea LJ, i might have to contribute to it...

Response to The Reason Thread 2006-01-11 22:32:39

At 1/10/06 08:39 PM, LJCoffee wrote:
At 1/10/06 08:04 PM, RyeGuyHead wrote: go to torrentspy.com
I guess it would a little - it's not really that much though - I do video editing here and it's not uncommon to see video work files up around 15 or 20 GB each, but I have plenty of space so I'm not too worried about a few gigs.

It is when you only have 6Mb left on your hard drive, but whatever

Garrrrr pirates

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to The Reason Thread 2006-01-13 20:26:31

I know this is gonna sound like a noobish question, but I'm relatively new to this program (relatively as in I screwed around for 5 minutes and gave myself a heart attack trying to learn lol) but I'm interested in making more of Techno/Dance music, and I was wondering how this is done? I've done it in FL , but this is a whole other world to learn.

Thanks for any help in advance!