00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm

10,900 Views | 89 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 01:33:11

If you add it all up, I spend several months out of the year living in the Behemoth office in San Diego. It's a different sort of experience... I wake up in the office, sit down at the computer and work all day, then go to sleep in the office. Rinse, repeat. You can see me wandering around Little Italy looking for an iced coffee at Cafe Italia or I might show up at Horton Plaza to grab Jamba Juice, but other than that I'm sort of a ghost in this town; I exist here solely to program.

I spent today banging rocks against a Gamecube devkit trying to work kinks out of the Comic-con demo of our new game. No one has seen it yet, I'm DYING to see the reaction. I've told a few people the basic premise of it and they are like, "I'VE BEEN DYING FOR SOME OF THAT", but we'll see what the rest of the public thinks when they see it on Thursday at the San Diego convention center. Just remember it's a very early demo, although it's still a lot of fun. Not to mention FOUR PLAYER!

I tend to buy new CDs when I'm in town, to keep me company. I've been hooked on song 12 of the new Gorillaz CD... The song is called "DARE", it's catchy. I first heard it on streaming radio, but after hearing it again at the Kid Robot store in Santa Monica and AGAIN in Fourchinnigan's car, I had to buy the CD.

If you haven't played Orbit yet, give it a try! It's fun watching the comet whip around planets.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 01:35:53

At 7/11/05 01:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you haven't played Orbit yet, give it a try! It's fun watching the comet whip around planets.

Is that a hint of what the game's about? ;)

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 01:36:37

I can't wait to see your new game Tom,i'll be sure to keep in touch with Comic-con this Thursday to find out what it is. :D

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 01:38:06

Four Player?! Behemoth?! OOOOOOHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAHHHH!!! This is going to be awesome!! IF this is anywhere NEAR as good as Alien Hominid...I can't fukcing wait...

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 01:40:30

At 7/11/05 01:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: I spent today banging rocks against a Gamecube devkit trying to work kinks out of the Comic-con demo of our new game.

DAMNIT. I can't fucking wait to see what it is. I'm trying not to think about it but I really want to know. You guys said it's not Alien Hominid 2 or Dad 'n Me. Hurry up Comic-Con >:(

I tend to buy new CDs when I'm in town, to keep me company. I've been hooked on song 12 of the new Gorillaz CD... The song is called "DARE", it's catchy.

Yes, that's a damn good CD.

By the way, Tom, you did a great job on the last episode of AOTS. You should be on TV more.

BBS Signature

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 01:44:23

At 7/11/05 01:33 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Not to mention FOUR PLAYER!

yeah, i'm not sure or not, but Alien Hominid was only 2 players O_o idk because i havn't played all of the mini games, but anyways, i can't wait for the new game Tom, (i wonder who bought your gum nipples O.o)

A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 01:45:41

sorry for the last lame post in this topic, just wanted attention.

anyway, tom if you ever read this why dont you start recording stuff? im sure people would like to see everyones reactions to your new game, or, maybe a random tour of the behemoth office, and then maybe, when the time is ready, the birth of yours and wades baby, well, we can only hope.

but seriously, start filming stuff, everyone in england didnt get to see you on aots and im sure most ngers wanted to.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 01:50:44

Dare is a kickass song.

I must agree. The germans singing/talking is great. <3 it.

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 01:55:13

At 7/11/05 01:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: Just remember it's a very early demo, although it's still a lot of fun. Not to mention FOUR PLAYER!

You sound like you're trying to quash our dissapointment before the game has even been revealed. I'm sure it will be awesome. I'm looking forward to it anyway, and four player sounds awesome.

If you haven't played Orbit yet, give it a try! It's fun watching the comet whip around planets.

Wow, that game is surprisingly fun. Level 7 is difficult though.

Thanks for the heads up, and glad to see a mostly chit-chat front page post, haven't seen many of those as of late. :-)

BBS Signature

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 01:58:51

At 7/11/05 01:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: Not to mention FOUR PLAYER!

I thought I read foreplay. damn.

I had to buy the CD.

Me too.

Saved it.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 02:04:44

At 7/11/05 01:45 AM, mogly wrote: the birth of yours and wades baby, well, we can only hope.

I'm not sure I want to see Tom and Wade have a baby.
ew

BBS Signature

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 02:05:14

Routines just rawk, don't they?
Given this information, i know i'm not the only one.

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 02:18:44

At 7/11/05 02:05 AM, _TwiTch_ wrote: Routines just rawk, don't they?
Given this information, i know i'm not the only one.

Aye,same.

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 02:23:35

Oh my god! I love that song "Dare" too. I like "Dirty Harry"s beat also and how it transitions in the song and then goes back. Great CD. Well good luck with those last kinks and I hope all are amazed with this new game. I'm sure they will be. Good luck.

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 02:33:39

i bet the new game coming out is going to be a pico game because if it is four player and there are four characters in pico but its just a guess but i think it is a good one.

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 02:49:52

Hey Tomfulip it you want to send me stuff send me stuff to reddemon1991@yahoo.com now kk

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 02:51:40

As much as I'd want one, I hope it's not a sequal to Alien Hominid. But I hope it's something based off Synj's characters like Horrid or something. I can't wait to find out what it is.

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 03:32:31

At 7/11/05 01:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: I spent today banging rocks against a Gamecube devkit trying to work kinks out of the Comic-con demo of our new game.Just remember it's a very early demo, although it's still a lot of fun. Not to mention FOUR PLAYER!

I have this sneaking suspcion that my PS2 is going to feel cold and lonely with no new Behemoth game to sit of inside it.

Damn my cheap, I'm-not-buying-any-other-game-system ass.

"I span the genre Vince. They call me the genre spanner."

BBS Signature

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 03:35:16

The Kid Robot store rocks.

That is all.

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 03:38:43

I'm so looking forward to playing that game ASAP. Unfortunately, I live in San Diego but I won't be able to make it to Comic-Con to this year, so I'm really bummed. I'm hoping that the new behemoth game will be for the PS2 as well as the GC, AH was so much better on PS2 then GC for some unexplainable reason.

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 03:53:05

I keep on getting my comet in perpetual orbit on that game. ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 04:15:49

when is the comicon?

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 04:31:06

if its a 2-D flash game converted over to a .exe data and turned into a console compatable i will scream. I still support you even if what your doing is a legendary frog.

Michael Garza Show is on YouTube - Rumble - Spotify

BBS Signature

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 05:03:27

At 7/11/05 01:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: I've been hooked on song 12 of the new Gorillaz CD... The song is called "DARE", it's catchy.

Yeah, I like that song too, I was addicted to it for about a week.

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 05:59:56

I might come...

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 06:10:39

San Diego's a little out of the way. A continent and an ocean too far.

Still, hope it goes well. Will be looking forwards to the new Behemoth game

BBS Signature

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 06:20:20

Yeah, it is hard work developing a game, but you know, in the end, with all the credibility gained and whatnot, satisfaction of hard work put into a great title, knowing that you delivered a great game to the public and all the money that you eventually make off of it, it has to be a great feeling.

Just read 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces' by Joe Campbell. Now I need a new book. PM me suggestions!

BBS Signature

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 06:43:48

At 7/11/05 01:33 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you haven't played Orbit yet, give it a try! It's fun watching the comet whip around planets.

Yeah, that game is pretty cool.

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 07:18:39

if ur talking about this orbit
http://www.newground..m/portal/view/250408

it is making me mad very difficult

Response to Calm B4 Comic-Con Storm 2005-07-11 07:33:45

hope you'r eint bustin ass on that game...

yeah!