00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

N0vasu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Idol/American Election

1,415 Views | 17 Replies

American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:12:29

There were 4.11 times more votes cast for american idol then there were for the american election. We are truly, and sincerely, fucked.

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:12:52

Hahaha, indeed we are.

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:13:36

I will be stabbing myself with toothpicks in the eyes if anyone needs me

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:13:59

Who gives a shit? I sure as hell don't!

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:15:00

Yeah, but you realize its harder to fuck with the voting system of the U.S voting system than it is to American Idol. Speed calllers and whatnot greatly affect voting. Not to mention that you gotta sleep with more people...

Just read 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces' by Joe Campbell. Now I need a new book. PM me suggestions!

BBS Signature

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:17:06

Half the people who vote on american idol are underage anyway.

I want to die in a war

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:18:11

At 5/26/05 12:15 AM, JackRabbitStudios wrote: Yeah, but you realize its harder to fuck with the voting system of the U.S voting system than it is to American Idol. Speed calllers and whatnot greatly affect voting. Not to mention that you gotta sleep with more people...

I considered this, and I factored in that children can vote in AI but not the election, but seriously, come on, it won't make that big a difference. The speed dialers can only affect the vote so much. I know some people would go crazy about it, but not enough to seriously skew the results. I'd say that compared to those eligible to vote in the American election to those eligible to vote in AI there are still way more people that voted in the American Idol vote. More then two, probably three, times as many.

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:19:31

plus, to vote for American Idol all you have to do is pick up a half a pound phone and call in, American's today don't wan to pick up their lazy fat ass to go out and vote for American government offices.. It's just the madern American life.

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:22:19

At 5/26/05 12:19 AM, HottDamn wrote: plus, to vote for American Idol all you have to do is pick up a half a pound phone and call in, American's today don't wan to pick up their lazy fat ass to go out and vote for American government offices.. It's just the madern American life.

Maybe so, but that is pretty bad. I mean seriously, come on.

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:24:42

yea, but it's true, if people could vote over the phone or even online for pres. at a time when they most likely aren't doing anything else, without wasting gas to drive, time to vote, and energy to move, then there would probably be a hell of a lot more voters for the presidential election.

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:29:58

Keep this on the downlow, but the government has already handed the 2008 election over to FOX.

<snip>

American President: 2008 Season Pilot

Bush: [singing] One, you're like a dream come true, um..three, I just want to be with you, um..two, girl it's plain to see that you're the only one four me , if ever I believe my work is done, then I'll start back at two,

Simon: Ok, enough.

Bush: I...I can sing ano---one more.

Simon: No, that one was too much. George, you're just not cut out to be an American President. You can't sing, you can't dance, you surely can't run a country. Why did you even show up...

Bush: Wait!

Simon: What?

Bush: Well, you forgot about Poland. That's gotta count for something, dudn't it?

<snip>

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we had the key...

BBS Signature

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:33:21

Damn, I thought John Kerry would've been the next Idol! And he has such a sweet singing voice.

I'M...JOHN...KERRY.......REPORTING...FOR...DUTY.........

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:34:48

At 5/26/05 12:33 AM, The_wwwyzzerdd wrote: Damn, I thought John Kerry would've been the next Idol! And he has such a sweet singing voice.

lol

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:40:23

At 5/26/05 12:12 AM, CaedoDeum wrote: There were 4.11 times more votes cast for american idol then there were for the american election. We are truly, and sincerely, fucked.

Lol, I shouldn't really, but that's funny. Sad, but funny. Wonder what the rest of the world is thinking about now? Most likely: "Well that explains a lot."

Comedy bit 'cuz I can and don't have the means of making a short film:

French Guy #1: "Ah! Theez explaihns everyzing! Ze shtupid Prezidant, ze claims of freedahm through wahr, and zeir affinity for cheap and tasteless food! It ees an entire nation of retahrds! Ze may have saved our asses in two world wahrs, but we are superior!"

French Guy #2: "Holy sheet, ze Germahns are back!"

French Guy #1: "Ze Germahns?!! We love you Americahns! Please come and spread your shtupidi--Ah mean, wisdahm throughout our country! Build fast-food places on evahry cornahr! We won't eat zere, but build zem anyway!"

German #1: "Vhy do zey hate us so?"

German #2: "Ach du liber! Zey eat frog legs and drink vine! Vhy vould you vant to live zere, much less be friends vith zem?!"

German #1: "Because my doctor said ze climate vas better for my health! Now shut up and start invading so I can get my villa in order by happy hour! Schnell, schnell!!"

I need to stop before this gets too long, plus I need to see if my cousin would be interested in making this into a flash film...

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:41:43

At 5/26/05 12:33 AM, The_wwwyzzerdd wrote: Damn, I thought John Kerry would've been the next Idol! And he has such a sweet singing voice.

No, he was caught up in a sex scandal with another contestant.

American Idol/American Election

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we had the key...

BBS Signature

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:45:51

At 5/26/05 12:17 AM, Rhabdophobia wrote: Half the people who vote on american idol are underage anyway.

yeah thats why and u can call in twice i think but u can lose ur voting power like that

Any one gonna have sex with my sister gonna be me!

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:48:17

Wait till I tell those communist's about this!

DIY

Response to American Idol/American Election 2005-05-26 00:54:40

At 5/26/05 12:12 AM, CaedoDeum wrote: There were 4.11 times more votes cast for american idol then there were for the american election. We are truly, and sincerely, fucked.

Well, you don't have to register to vote, you don't have to be 18 to vote, you can vote more than once, EASILY, you can do it from home, and I don't doubt that their computers were hacked.

Yes, its sad that people won't vote, but that's not a fair statistic.