00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

seph-lol just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Tutorials: Mk I

28,725 Views | 80 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2009-04-23 21:22:19

the pagse seem not to be working?

umm little help????

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2009-06-27 20:43:49

People seems to ask same question 20 times, after was answered already... curious, isn't it ?
Q - Why links in the first post are hard to follow/ dead links/ leading to a crappy search engine ?
A - Because this thread is four years old and some websites moved.

I guess the most useful would be THIS TUTORIAL.

Now for music related useful tutorials comes those :
Capturing the Kit - About recording drums.
Recording Electric Guitar - About recordin... heck, isn't obvious ?
6 Stereo Miking Techniques You Can Use Today - Basic description of most usual stereo miking techniques.
Complete Frequency Chart of Musical Notes - Useful for EQ-ing some notes out or boost them by their specific frequency.
Educypedia: Microphones - lots of explanations, lots of useful links.

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2009-06-27 20:47:31

Sorohanro, I could really use your Jazz insight on a re-mastering and re-finish of one of my other songs.. are you available immediately for some critiquing? AIM : crosstheslashes or YIM: djharlock3

at your leisure :)

*sorry for going off topic, I will admonish myself for it with a fork*

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2009-06-28 05:45:58

The Fruity Loops have it's own thread now and some links are not dead.
Also, as an idea, is a great thread, people should contribute to it more often, sharing useful links, not only discussing collateral stuff.

Now on topic:
Editing Audio With SoundForge XP
Diplo - Music Mastering Guide
www.jazz-styles.com - a great jazz knowledge resource, the website is in French, if you don't get along with that language, you can use FREE ONLINE TRANSLATOR
The Mic Demystified: Part 1 - a basic view over microphones.
Miking Basses, Revisited - a must see, works also on guitars ;)
There are some NG great resources, a must read (and understand maybe)
Flash-MX's "The principles of self-mastering an Electronic track: EQ'ing"
Rig's "Handy musicians' blog posts and threads"
Motion - A Mastering Experiment
================
Music Theory
- The Tonal Centre
an interactive site for music composers and theorists which explains and demonstrates some of the key concepts of tonality; including chords, scales, cadences, and modulation.
- Ricci Adams' Musictheory.net
An easy to understand, animated (Macromedia Flash Player 6.0r65 or higher is required to view the content on this website) music theory site.
- teorĂ­a
General information on and definition of concepts in music theory.

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2009-07-11 11:17:23

Winning a contest sponsored by PrimeLoops brought in my attention this section of tutorials on their web page:
www.primeloops.com/the-mix/free-music-pr oduction-tutorials
Mostly Reason and Logic but also some general info about compressing and EQ-ing.

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2009-07-15 19:34:56

Heres one to add to the list.

Synth.freehostia.com

Contains a crap load of information reguarding synthesizers. Hell im gonna favor it because of all the links it contains!

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2009-07-28 18:35:56

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2009-08-03 18:02:45

I'm having trouble with this thing, Live!Drive, its a thing on the front of my PC, how can I get it working with Audacity?

It looks like this.

Audio Tutorials: Mk I

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2009-09-24 23:28:21

Nggh this place is freakin complicated... Do you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to download fruity loops?!

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2009-09-24 23:53:09

At 9/24/09 11:28 PM, DrMopZodiac wrote: Do you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to download fruity loops?!

No, not at all, you can get Reason, Cubase, or any other sequencer. there is nothing that says you HAVE to have FL. Unless you're trying to do some of these tutorials.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2010-09-02 06:52:40

i prefer Reason to Fruity loops because right from the start reason has better sound samples for snare and high hat and foot base and all others compared to FL.

It takes a slave to pay a slave

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2010-09-02 10:36:42

At 9/2/10 06:52 AM, answerE wrote: i prefer Reason to Fruity loops because right from the start reason has better sound samples for snare and high hat and foot base and all others compared to FL.

Aww, you should have posted this 22 days later. Then you could have posted this exactly a year after the previous post! ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2011-09-19 18:58:04

A quick run-through of basic music theory I wrote up as a small side-project a while back. It's intended for people with both little and moderate knowledge of music.

http://www.engine001.com/tutorials/Writi ng+and+Publishing+Music_224.htm

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2011-09-19 23:18:05

At 9/19/11 11:01 PM, zelazon wrote: You do realize this thread is like 6 years old right?

It was a very useful post. If information is relevant and helpful nothing wrong with a little bump in an "official" -something thread

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2011-09-20 16:10:07

At 9/19/11 11:01 PM, zelazon wrote: You do realize this thread is like 6 years old right?

I did post in the audio lounge asking if folks thought it would be okay. Plus, it's actually only been about a year since the last post. Not as bad as six.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2011-09-21 07:16:38

"Layering
Big basslines are made up of layers. Layering is a prevalent concept in electronic music, as you will come to understand in these tutorials, because individual synth patches or samples tend to sound thin. The last thing you need is a thin, wimpy sounding little bassline right? Big, meaty basslines are achieved by layering multiple synthesized or sampled sounds on top of each other. Each layer comes from a separate source and occupies a discrete frequency range, but together they are perceived as one cohesive element. Of course, they all must be playing the same pattern and notes."

Big Bad Bass - A Tutorial on Low Frequencies

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2011-09-22 00:08:01

The DnB FL links 404'd on me. :/
And the 'Theory' sites went to some random site called "musicradar.com/computermusic".

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2011-09-22 06:08:04

At 9/22/11 12:08 AM, Mexidancer wrote: The DnB FL links 404'd on me. :/
And the 'Theory' sites went to some random site called "musicradar.com/computermusic".

I won't answer to this because it seems that you can write but, strangely, you can't read.
Go back to primary school and return when you know how to read.

Just for the record, this question appeared several times on every FU%!N' page and was answered several times, last time on this very page just 17 posts before.

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2011-09-22 14:55:26

apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2011-12-15 20:05:00

Here's my FL Studio 10 Complete Basic Tutorial. If anyone sees this. Hope it helps :P

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Tutorials: Mk I 2011-12-27 03:46:34

At 8/3/09 06:02 PM, NinjaGuy wrote: I'm having trouble with this thing, Live!Drive, its a thing on the front of my PC, how can I get it working with Audacity?

It looks like this.

This is how;
Trade in for creative, I've found that Live!Drive is rather incompatible, somewhat like mac, its good and all, but only for things it likes.