00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Knsrs20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help The Newbs Club (Htnc)

1,134 Views | 18 Replies

Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:03:40

I have noticed ever since I first signed up on NG that mose new people (newbs) aren't givin' a chance. They are automatically classified as morons that need to stfu. And sometimes they are and they need too. So I have decided to dedicate this club to helping new people get off to a good start and feeling welcome to the BBS. I (And whoever would like to help me) will try to accomplish the following for all new people to turn Ignorant (not that way, like not knowing) newbs into great regulars.

-Answer any question they have, no matter how many times it is asked.

- Make them feel welcome.

- Teach them how to post.

- Learn how to not get flamed.

- Turn them into good BBS members.

- And anything else that a good user should know and/or do.

When a new person posts in general about how to deposit, or anything link them to the rules and link them here. I think this will apply MUCH better to them if they have any further questions or don't feel like reading all those rules.

Well I hope this works out, and cleans up the BBS alot. Hope to see this thread survive and thrive. Once again anyone who would like to help please do.

A few guidlines though:

1. No flamming

2. Ask nicely

3. Try to make your posts clear so that people can help you

4. Follow the BBS rules, if you haven't read them read them or do what you think the rules would say. You will not get in trouble for it here.

That's it. Cya guys around.

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:13:59

what would make a person a newb? level, posts, reviews, blam/protection

sig by carmelhadinosaur

BBS Signature

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:16:59

At 5/9/05 12:13 AM, AmazeKing wrote: what would make a person a newb? level, posts, reviews, blam/protection

Has nothing to do with that, most people think that though.

A newb is a new person. A n00b is someone who doesn't you use common sense and acts stupid. It all has to do with the way you act, not your stats.

As for jump3rboi you may join, you don't have to ask permission. Just feel free to jump in =)

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:18:16

We have a whole forum that is ment to help out the new people.
Where when people have questions they are linked to now.
I don't see why we need a club performing the function of a forum.

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:19:35

I think this is actually a good idea for a club. Newbs need a place where they can ask any dumb question they want and not get insulted and chased off the BBS (it happens far too often in the wi/ht forum). I would love to be a member if you would have me, I know my post count is sort of low, but if you check the help I've given in the wi/ht forum and other places you'll see that I'm well versed in the rules of newgrounds and am well prepared to answer any NG related questions any newbs might ask.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:19:52

At 5/9/05 12:18 AM, ramagi wrote: We have a whole forum that is ment to help out the new people.

was that a lock message? -_-

You could really go for a chocolate chip cookie right about now...

BBS Signature

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:20:48

At 5/9/05 12:19 AM, ACiD-RAiN wrote:

::

was that a lock message? -_-

I waiting for SMC to reply is what that is.

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:21:14

At 5/9/05 12:18 AM, ramagi wrote: We have a whole forum that is ment to help out the new people.

Ramagi, you and I both know that new people will almost never go there. Nor do they read the rules most the time. I think this will reach to new people alot better. Why not give it a shot? Couldn't do us any harm.

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:30:47

At 5/9/05 12:21 AM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
Ramagi, you and I both know that new people will almost never go there. Nor do they read the rules most the time. I think this will reach to new people alot better. Why not give it a shot? Couldn't do us any harm.

I say let it live, this could be the place where people are tolerated no matter how confused and in need of help they are. Plus there a lot of question they might have that aren't realted to the rules.

BBS Signature

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:33:54

Well whatever she decides i'll find out in the morning, i'm retiring for the night. Later guys, hope this thread is till open when I wake up tom. Think it over Ramagi.

Night.

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:34:33

At 5/9/05 12:21 AM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:

Everyone knows thate some of the new people do not pay attention to the forums and thier purpose.
It be a lot more helpful if the peopel in general instead of tryign to be smart Asses, just link them to the correct forum.
Some users do that now, and the is the right thing to do.
Some choose to go to the right forum after that, some don't.

I don't see how a club is going to change that, there are still goign to be people that go to general, because they don't know any better.
Some will choose to follow the link some won't
You are not going to stop the smart asses.
It may help people, I stil lsee an over lap.
I'll ask for soem extra eyes here.

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:34:59

well i want to join.. but it may not work out because..

-half the time, noobs are alt account of people that want to be dumbasses
-noobs don't want to act normal
-noobs don't got to the where is/ how to? forum so they may not even go here

but anyway, i want to join

sig by carmelhadinosaur

BBS Signature

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:41:09

At 5/9/05 12:34 AM, ramagi wrote: Everyone knows thate some of the new people do not pay attention to the forums and thier purpose.
It be a lot more helpful if the peopel in general instead of tryign to be smart Asses, just link them to the correct forum.

I don't see how a club is going to change that, there are still goign to be people that go to general, because they don't know any better.
Some will choose to follow the link some won't
You are not going to stop the smart asses.
It may help people, I stil lsee an over lap.
I'll ask for soem extra eyes here.

It's true. The first thing I did when I first came to the forums is click on General, since I didn't know where else to go. Since then I have only ventured into C&C for sigs and profile pics, although C&C is where I post most of my stuff now. It's not very likely that a newb is going to go immediately to C&C first time here, so the only way to advertise this club is to--what else?--make a thread in General that links to this. SMC, you'd have to monitor both of those threads (this, and the one you already have up) almost 24/7. But if you're advertising in General already, then what's the point? Let the General users, the moderators, and the BBS rule guide do this job by themselves.

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:51:50

At 5/9/05 12:34 AM, ramagi wrote: It be a lot more helpful if the peopel in general instead of tryign to be smart Asses, just link them to the correct forum.

Actually I have been banned for doing just that. Although it was in the Politics forum and I might have been a bit sarcastic about it. I'd give you a link but the topic was deleted. If you want you can see TheShrike ranting about it here. Honestly I'm not holding a grudge against him or any of the mods, just wondering if this is more of a Politics forum thing or if this a BBS wide deal.

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 00:52:47

I would be happy to join this club.
I find that people without eloquence also lack respect from their peers.

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 01:16:45

At 5/9/05 12:51 AM, jmaster306 wrote: Actually I have been banned for doing just that. Although it was in the Politics forum and I might have been a bit sarcastic about it. I'd give you a link but the topic was deleted. If you want you can see TheShrike ranting about it here. Honestly I'm not holding a grudge against him or any of the mods, just wondering if this is more of a Politics forum thing or if this a BBS wide deal.

That was him ranting after a shitload of spammy topics came up specifically in that forum. It's more a Politics thing. Like he said, we gravitate to those threads, and shut them down. Noboduy (except the topic starter) will notice a topic with 0 replies getting deleted.

As for this club...

Intentions of gold, BUT. What makes you think n00bs will gravitate to a single topic on the second busiest forum, if they don't even use Wi/Ht? That's what I'm wondering. Also, why the need for two topics in two forums?

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 01:21:43

At 5/9/05 01:16 AM, Maus wrote: That was him ranting after a shitload of spammy topics came up specifically in that forum. It's more a Politics thing. Like he said, we gravitate to those threads, and shut them down. Noboduy (except the topic starter) will notice a topic with 0 replies getting deleted.

That is what I thought, thanks for answering Maus.

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 01:27:14

At 5/9/05 01:16 AM, Maus wrote: Intentions of gold, BUT. What makes you think n00bs will gravitate to a single topic on the second busiest forum, if they don't even use Wi/Ht?

Thats the one problem I saw with this club, because of the people it caters to its gonna have to be more of an outreach program, when a member sees someone whos really confused he/she is gonna have to let them know that we exist to to answer their questions and help them out.

BBS Signature

Response to Help The Newbs Club (Htnc) 2005-05-09 01:30:26

I think most everybody has said the same things.

If you want to be helpful, just do it. Spend time in Wi/HT and General, and help. :)