00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kxj just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Search Engine Upgrades!

3,535 Views | 32 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-23 16:40:10

Ross has updated the search engine so that it now works much more effectively. If you search for a phrase, it will now match by relevance rather than give you an alphabetical listing of anything containing a single word from that phrase. In order words, you will be able to find stuff a lot easier! The best part is, the new search is less CPU intensive on our end, so it slightly improves server performance!

I am currently brain-storming some ideas to make the BBS a little faster for everyone, too. We might simplify the layout of the messages a bit, and leave more of the extra info (and images) in the user profiles. If nothing speeds up the server, it will at least download faster and give us a little less image-load.

There has been some funny stuff uploaded lately. This Mike Tyson cartoon makes good use of the original NES sprites, while Frogbag Gets His License makes great use of the Parappa the Rappa soundtrack! Ya know, we have a lot of frog-related Flash submissions... Hmmmmm....

Finally, check it out! Eric Clapton is in our webcam portal!

Next up: Synj and I will introduce our new game! I pray!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-23 17:58:05

At 4/23/02 04:40 PM, TomFulp wrote: Ross has updated the search engine so that it now works much more effectively. If you search for a phrase, it will now match by relevance rather than give you an alphabetical listing of anything containing a single word from that phrase. In order words, you will be able to find stuff a lot easier! The best part is, the new search is less CPU intensive on our end, so it slightly improves server performance!

I am currently brain-storming some ideas to make the BBS a little faster for everyone, too. We might simplify the layout of the messages a bit, and leave more of the extra info (and images) in the user profiles. If nothing speeds up the server, it will at least download faster and give us a little less image-load.

There has been some funny stuff uploaded lately. This Mike Tyson cartoon makes good use of the original NES sprites, while Frogbag Gets His License makes great use of the Parappa the Rappa soundtrack! Ya know, we have a lot of frog-related Flash submissions... Hmmmmm....

cool

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-23 18:46:02

Newgrounds is being took over by little freaks that make films about drugs and sex when they dont know shit about them. Mostly drugs , people are making movies about pot and such when they dont know shit about it. Me being an experienced toker for years can spot these people and its getting annoying.

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-23 19:17:44

gj Ross :)

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-23 20:08:24

At 4/23/02 04:40 PM, TomFulp wrote: Ross has updated the search engine so that it now works much more effectively. If you search for a phrase, it will now match by relevance rather than give you an alphabetical listing of anything containing a single word from that phrase. In order words, you will be able to find stuff a lot easier! The best part is, the new search is less CPU intensive on our end, so it slightly improves server performance!

WHERE IS PICO 2????!!! WE WANT PICO! WE WANT PICO!

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-23 20:18:51

FrogBag gets his liscense was l33t XD

Gives me ideas.... =)

I havent had Flash ideas lately (obviously)

hmm..

Search Engine Upgrades!

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-23 21:12:08

I noticed the search engine changes ... I like them a lot. I find it much more intuitive and much more helpful. Good job!

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-23 21:55:13

when is pico 2 comin'!!!!???? I need my pico fixxx!?

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-23 23:07:25

At 4/23/02 04:40 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Is that seriously Eric Clapton? Because...

CLAPTON IS GOD

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-23 23:12:04

At 4/23/02 11:07 PM, Ninjacow wrote:
At 4/23/02 04:40 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Is that seriously Eric Clapton? Because...

CLAPTON IS GOD

Pete does look a little like Eric Clapton. Me and Wade had a good laugh today on the AIM about it. Although once again FrankClock doesn't get the respect he wants, even after releasing Parody of Se7en. Which in my opinion was a kick ass flash. :)

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-24 13:25:03

At 4/23/02 11:12 PM, Frank2982 wrote: Parody of Se7en.

I still dont know what a "seten" is.

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-24 13:26:13

At 4/23/02 11:12 PM, Frank2982 wrote: Pete does look a little like Eric Clapton.

Oh, and good job ruining the Eric Clapton joke.

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-24 13:36:34

At 4/24/02 01:25 PM, TannerCenterwall wrote:
At 4/23/02 11:12 PM, Frank2982 wrote: Parody of Se7en.
I still dont know what a "seten" is.

It's what the inside linings of a FrogBag is made of.

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-24 13:38:09

At 4/23/02 11:12 PM, Frank2982 wrote: Pete does look a little like Eric Clapton.

Yeah Frank, way to ruin the joke. :)

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-24 14:03:55

You're such a fag

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-24 14:07:55

At 4/24/02 01:38 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
Yeah Frank, way to ruin the joke. :)

Ok, if some one can't tell the difference between Pete and Eric (like the person a few posts up) They either:
1. Haven't seen a picture of Eric in a while (which I doubt is the case for that person cause they said Eric is god and I am sure they have a pic of him from the last 5 years)
2. Are retarded and have an IQ level of a 5 year old.
3. Possibly need new glasses.

Search Engine Upgrades!

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-24 14:54:08

YAY MONKEY
gooooodo too hear about the search engine change and i think it works alot better and yay for NG THE BEST WEBSITE IN THE WORLD.... even thought it sometimes crashes....
Cant wait too see this game aswell
:):):)

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-24 14:59:46

oh yea hehe Eric Clapton What a name :)
Oh i get it......
Yea frank what they said!

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-24 15:48:23

Hi Tom the site is runing great I can't wait for your new game the Mike Tyson
cartoon is awsome
keep it up tom -steve

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-24 17:23:27

At 4/24/02 03:48 PM, fire wrote:

cartoon is awsome
keep it up tom -steve

but more importantly, Clock Tales: Ep 5 grabbed Daily Feature, I beleave its finally time for its series section.

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-24 17:26:28

At 4/24/02 03:48 PM, fire wrote:

cartoon is awsome
keep it up tom -steve

But more importantly Clock Tales: Ep 5 got daily feature, seems its time for its series section

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-24 23:31:15

If that's really Eric Clapton then I've been fucking the Olsen twins.

Search Engine Upgrades!

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-25 03:51:27

No offense, but if you were really concerned about NG's loading speed, you wouldn't have 2-3 pop up ads on every single page. That's a browser killer and a half right there.

Search Engine Upgrades!

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-25 13:40:12

At 4/25/02 03:51 AM, ScrunchMuppet wrote: No offense, but if you were really concerned about NG's loading speed, you wouldn't have 2-3 pop up ads on every single page. That's a browser killer and a half right there.

Or we can take down all the pop ups, run out of money for hosting, and then Newgrounds won't load at all!

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-25 14:17:05

how do u create a game!?

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-25 21:43:42

hehe nice wade, some dipshits don't know the REAL price of bandwidth. I'm sick of people fucking bitching like newgrounds owes them something. You guys put a cool fucking site out there, costs need to be met and of course you guys should be fucking compensated for all the damn work that goes into this scrunchmuppet should get his head out of his ass and look up the price of bandwidth and realize if you put a lot of work into something then you should make a few bucks too...what a dipshit.

At 4/25/02 01:40 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 4/25/02 03:51 AM, ScrunchMuppet wrote: No offense, but if you were really concerned about NG's loading speed, you wouldn't have 2-3 pop up ads on every single page. That's a browser killer and a half right there.
Or we can take down all the pop ups, run out of money for hosting, and then Newgrounds won't load at all!

Search Engine Upgrades!

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-26 01:47:18

TOM ! THAT MOVIE IS ABOUT ME! DONT YOU KNOW WHAT A FROGBAG IS? GRRRRRRRRRR. I THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE THE LAST PERSON NOT TO KNOW!

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-26 18:33:06

Anti-Clock Crew What? Frog Bag is a clock and all clocks suck cock, why the hell is he getting a little fame? I bet the Clock Crew is doing sex favours for Tom. How else does such crap get on the main page? How about giving the Anti-Clock Crew some fame huh? I am Kayol the leader of the Anti-Clock Crew and am looking for people that are sick of Clock Crew's shit once and for all!

BBS Signature

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-27 01:33:47

Do you know what's the funniest part about this whole, Pete and Eric Clapton joke??? It's that Eric Clapton Has more hair!! :P I mean an he's 20 years older??? It's just really amusing!

Response to Search Engine Upgrades! 2002-04-28 11:02:37

At 4/26/02 06:33 PM, Kayol wrote: Anti-Clock Crew What? Frog Bag is a clock and all clocks suck cock, why the hell is he getting a little fame? I bet the Clock Crew is doing sex favours for Tom. How else does such crap get on the main page? How about giving the Anti-Clock Crew some fame huh? I am Kayol the leader of the Anti-Clock Crew and am looking for people that are sick of Clock Crew's shit once and for all!

you seem grumpy... you need a huggles!

{{Kayol}}

we love you Kayol