00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SNiter27 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Problems with the site.

5,178 Views | 42 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 09:32:21

Well, if you didn't notice we had some problems for the past few days. We were trying out some new database features, but our current set up couldn't handle it, so we had to switch back to the old way. So the site will run better, but it will probably still get slow at times. We are still working to find ways to improve the site's performance.

I had received a bunch of emails from users who were having problems validating their accounts. Now that the site is running better, you may want to try re-sending yourself a validation email. If you are still having problems feel free to email me at wade@newgrounds.com. Be sure to include your NG username! I'm not a mind reader.

Also the Daily Top 5 hasn't been running properly, so we are sorry for anyone who missed out on an award. If you submitted a movie during the down time and it didn't get many views you may resubmit it. Just send me the URL to the previous submission and I will delete it for you.

If you have any other concerns or questions about the recent down time, please express them by leaving a comment to this post.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 09:48:48

The Clock Crew loves you Wade! :-)

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 09:57:16

In fact, we just designed the new Clock Crew logo:

Problems with the site.

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 10:08:39

This was the competing design (hey, I'm bored.. can ya blame me!? :-P).

Problems with the site.

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 10:27:08

At 4/18/02 09:57 AM, KnottsberryClock wrote: In fact, we just designed the new Clock Crew logo:

I love it.

AND YEY NG IS WORKING WOOOoOOHOO. hahaha i put up thame doggy and wabnted to see if no one likeed it. Tsss for ng. and some1 X[plain to me the reason behind the new thing, with the guy in the tank looking weird and stuff. who is he, why is he there? and mor eimportantly, does he have no pants and only boxers on?

Problems with the site.

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 10:34:04

At 4/18/02 10:08 AM, KnottsberryClock wrote: This was the competing design (hey, I'm bored.. can ya blame me!? :-P).

Hahahahaha, great pictures Knotts =)

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 10:37:27

At 4/18/02 09:32 AM, WadeFulp wrote: I'm not a mind reader.

You lie, remember that magic trick ;)

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 11:07:35

i still can't see the top 5 :(

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 12:22:30

At 4/18/02 09:32 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Well, if you didn't notice we had some problems for the past few days.

If we didnt notice? Hah! Of the 50000 people that visit this place per day (if wrong may i be strukken by lightning, or corrected by an official...) i think it safe to say that we did notice. Isn't it strange that so many people depend on a hit of Newgrounds everyday. You've created a worldwide addiction

Congratulations!!!

i also wanted to put up recent me photo

Problems with the site.

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 12:23:54

At 4/18/02 12:22 PM, zipstyke wrote:
At 4/18/02 09:32 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Well, if you didn't notice we had some problems for the past few days.
If we didnt notice? Hah! Of the 50000 people that visit this place per day (if wrong may i be strukken by lightning, or corrected by an official...) i think it safe to say that we did notice. Isn't it strange that so many people depend on a hit of Newgrounds everyday. You've created a worldwide addiction

Congratulations!!!

i also wanted to put up recent me photo

you can quote me on that too.!!! :)

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 13:11:55

As long as there is DBZ Spam, we can all be happy.

Problems with the site.

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 14:26:11

its even running faster than before! :)

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 15:03:00

Well Im glad the site is running better :)
And i love the new logo or is it a add but whatever it is its cool!
I hope the site improves even more and then itll be great again
I have almost got my level 10, im soo close!

Problems with the site.

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 19:27:34

I missed out on like... 4 days of experience points cause of the messed up thing... any way I could make up for these? like umm extra credit? :D

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-18 22:21:36

At 4/18/02 09:32 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Well, if you didn't notice we had some problems for the past few days. We were trying out some new database features, but our current set up couldn't handle it, so we had to switch back to the old way. So the site will run better, but it will probably still get slow at times. We are still working to find ways to improve the site's performance.

I had received a bunch of emails from users who were having problems validating their accounts. Now that the site is running better, you may want to try re-sending yourself a validation email. If you are still having problems feel free to email me at wade@newgrounds.com. Be sure to include your NG username! I'm not a mind reader.

Also the Daily Top 5 hasn't been running properly, so we are sorry for anyone who missed out on an award. If you submitted a movie during the down time and it didn't get many views you may resubmit it. Just send me the URL to the previous submission and I will delete it for you.

If you have any other concerns or questions about the recent down time, please express them by leaving a comment to this post.

Thank you Wade... Thank you so so very much for making the site run smoother...

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-19 00:16:57

At 4/18/02 09:32 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Well, if you didn't notice we had some problems for the past few days. We were trying out some new database features, but our current set up couldn't handle it, so we had to switch back to the old way. So the site will run better, but it will probably still get slow at times. We are still working to find ways to improve the site's performance.

What features were you trying to add?

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-19 00:38:31

At 4/19/02 12:16 AM, Shrapnel wrote:

What features were you trying to add?

Yeah!! what kind of features! HmM! ... nasty features... nasty nasty nasty... (hehe)

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-19 01:42:23

Glad to see you back up and running,last few days have been realy boreing,youve been missed.

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-19 08:05:41

Why am I getting the system telling I allready voted on something that I know I havn't?.

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-19 09:04:53

I've been waiting a long time (3 days is a long time for me) for this site to get fixed and I'm glad it did. I went on every hour to see if the site was fixed,then I noticed somthing. I noticed I was hooked on newgrounds when I looked in my white box to see other sites I've been to,it was filled with www.newgrounds.com. I know Tom and the NG staff may have been busy with school,thair own flash movies,and lives. But if they did'nt fix it for about another two days I'd lose my mind. So thanx Wade and anyone eles who helped fixed the site and thanx Tom for making newgrounds.com possible.

-K7

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-19 15:00:57

Thanks to whoever fixed the Site, jeeze ive been a newgrounds member for 1 day but ive been to the site almost everyday for the last 9 months. Thanks again to whoever fixed the site!

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-19 23:35:41

Ya know Wade, The funny thing is I was just a couple of points away from getting to level 15 right before the site went anal on me.
Yes, it was a pain in the ass knowing I was almost there and couldnt do anything about it.

Anyway, I dont know if your involved with Pico 2 or not, but if your not doing anything with it, do something! Make this torture go by faster. You might even have some kickass ideas for it and convince Tom dude into putting them in!

Problems with the site.

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-20 04:10:32

Will the problems at NG cause my penis to shrink?

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-20 04:13:14

Will the problems on NG cause my penis to shrink?

oh and

the doctor said to watchout for addictions to NG because of some sexual side-effects and cotton mouth.. should i be worried?

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-20 05:36:58

BBS Signature

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-20 05:49:44

yay,my new imacoolboy logo was developed,replacing the old one

Problems with the site.

BBS Signature

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-21 04:52:11

At 4/18/02 09:32 AM, WadeFulp wrote:

If you submitted a movie during the down time and it didn't get many views you may resubmit it. Just send me the URL to the previous submission and I will delete it for you.

I sent you an email to delete Frog Batting. Did you get it? If you could please delete that it would be nice, thanks.

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-21 09:47:54

I uploaded a movie in the recent down time but it had some problems and didn't want to work (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=50313). Now I have a link in my profile to a movie that 'never existed or was deleted'. Is it possible for you to fix that and remove that link, Wade?

BBS Signature

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-21 09:54:17

Roger that, Wade, I can't miss NG anymore :s

Response to Problems with the site. 2002-04-21 13:50:53

I just needed to mention to everyone here that Nick Bottomley has bitch tits