00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SNiter27 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stuff

1,800 Views | 20 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Stuff 2002-04-05 09:40:13

If you didn't notice, the MySQL upgrade didn't go as smoothly as planned. Ross has been working closely with Troma's tech team to fix the problems as quickly as possible.

As of now things are looking pretty good, but there could still be some quirks here and there. We had problems with validation emails getting out to people. This has hopefully be fixed. However, if you do not get a validation email, just email me with your NG user name and I can manually validate it as long as you email me from the email you tried to register with. My email address is wade@newgrounds.com.

Also if anyone experiences problems not getting emails about Portal submissions, or any other bugs, you can report them by posting a comment to this news post.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff 2002-04-05 09:55:01

At 4/5/02 09:40 AM, WadeFulp wrote: If you didn't notice, the MySQL upgrade didn't go as smoothly as planned. Ross has been working closely with Troma's tech team to fix the problems as quickly as possible.

As of now things are looking pretty good, but there could still be some quirks here and there. We had problems with validation emails getting out to people. This has hopefully be fixed. However, if you do not get a validation email, just email me with your NG user name and I can manually validate it as long as you email me from the email you tried to register with. My email address is wade@newgrounds.com.

Also if anyone experiences problems not getting emails about Portal submissions, or any other bugs, you can report them by posting a comment to this news post.

I will take note of that.

Response to Stuff 2002-04-05 11:17:20

Indeed. Yes sir-re.

Response to Stuff 2002-04-05 13:17:31

I often get this message when I try to view the portal listings:

Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/tfulp/html/portal/list.php on line 56

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/tfulp/html/portal/list.php on line 56

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/tfulp/html/portal/list.php on line 57

(normal part)
You are viewing the most recent Portal submissions. Click here to search the Portal.
(/normal part)

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/tfulp/html/portal/list.php on line 221

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/tfulp/html/portal/list.php on line 222

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/tfulp/html/portal/list.php on line 227

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/tfulp/html/portal/list.php on line 227

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /home/tfulp/html/portal/list.php on line 227

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/tfulp/html/portal/list.php on line 454

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/tfulp/html/portal/list.php on line 455
Viewing 1-100 of 0.
Title Author Rating Date Uploaded

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/tfulp/html/portal/list.php on line 478

At 4/5/02 09:40 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Also if anyone experiences problems not getting emails about Portal submissions, or any other bugs, you can report them by posting a comment to this news post.

As well, whenever I would blam a movie, I got an error message on the top of the screen saying "could not send out e-mail" or something like that. I'll try to blam a movie again so I can show you the message.

You do not currently have a signature for your Forum posts. Boooooooo!

Response to Stuff 2002-04-05 13:21:37

Yessir.

Stuff

Response to Stuff 2002-04-05 16:27:15

Good to hear that the sites running smoother keep up the good work.

Stuff

Response to Stuff 2002-04-05 19:06:51

yo im so F up i got 200 EP now i need 800 this is BS fucking BS

Stuff

Response to Stuff 2002-04-05 23:09:31

I have a question, how does the user popularity thing work?

Response to Stuff 2002-04-05 23:12:50

Id just like to know how the user popularity system works..

Response to Stuff 2002-04-06 00:43:43

At 4/5/02 09:40 AM, WadeFulp wrote: If you didn't notice, the MySQL upgrade didn't go as smoothly as planned. Ross has been working closely with Troma's tech team to fix the problems as quickly as possible.

I haven't gotten a Portal email in at least 5 months. I got like one, and it was totally random. I figured you guys just stopped doing that or something.

Response to Stuff 2002-04-06 00:53:45

The validation thing happened to me when I traded my old account.

Response to Stuff 2002-04-06 01:00:50

At 4/6/02 12:53 AM, reaper-3 wrote:

The validation thing happened to me when I traded my old account.

When I up loaded Star Clocks ep1 I did not get an E-Mail I wondered why not

Response to Stuff 2002-04-06 03:27:58

since NG is a huge site do you think that mysql might be pushing ita as far as a db end might go? i know probably will be out of your pice range but woudlnn't some sort of oracle system work better for all of the sdata you're dealing with?

Response to Stuff 2002-04-06 04:22:12

I will take note of that.

i used to get the same message as sizzler but i aint had that since tuesday morning (english time)

Response to Stuff 2002-04-06 07:29:44

hi Wade when I login to my grounds gold It's keeps saying I'm not logged in what is the problem?
Oh yeah this weeks Turd of the week korn and Limp vs faggot is unamed part 1 and that's Oliver O'Neals you should give that user a warning

Response to Stuff 2002-04-06 16:39:15

Has anyone noticed a small problem with the front page music? It takes about 1 minute to start after I turn it on, that used to happen instintly, allthough it's not as important as getting the site to run smoothly it's still a problem.

What up wit that Eh?

Response to Stuff 2002-04-06 17:19:08

Hey WADE same 5 portals last 3 days whats up ????????

Response to Stuff 2002-04-06 20:01:53

When i try and post a comment the comment dosnt pop up. sometime the flash bars for voteing dont work, and when i vote it wont tally the vote and will just reset it self to 0 after i voted.

Response to Stuff 2002-04-08 00:09:20

As of now that things are looking pretty good, but there could still be some quirks here and there. We had problems with validation crock emails getting out to people. This has hopefully be fixed. However, if you do not fudge get a validation email, just email me with your NG user name and I can manually validate it as long as you email me from the email you tried to register with. My email address is wade@newgrounds.com.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff 2002-04-11 01:44:36

yeah, NG has been kinda slow, but it's all good. considering that you guys have kept the site free and are busting your asses 24/7 to maintain it, i'll deal with the speed. the only thing that really bugs me are the persistent pop up ads. but, if that's all that bugs me about a site, i'll count my blessings. keep up the good work fellows. if you ever swing by ucla i'll treat you guys to boba or something (if you even know what boba is. if not, hell, i'll introduce y'all to it!)

Response to Stuff 2008-05-22 06:02:20

NEWGROUNDS was cool
cool yes yes~~~~
nice