00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ragdollchewy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Connect Midi Keyboard To Computer

2,446 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Connect Midi Keyboard To Computer 2005-04-09 07:03:17

I have a Yamaha keyboard (not keyboard to type, but an electronic synthesyser) and I'm wondering how I would go about connecting it's MIDI output and input cables to my computer so I can work with fruityloops or other MIDI-supporting programs.

Do I need special hardware? Special software?

Thanks a bunch.

BTW awesome new forum!

BBS Signature

Response to Connect Midi Keyboard To Computer 2005-04-09 10:18:05

I was dissappointed when i found out my keyboard didn't come with a MIDI function. Sorry i can't help on that front, but i can help you with something else. I translate all my MIDI files into sheet music with this program noteworthy composer. And i search for midi's using this website MIDI search engine.

Good luck with the info your finding out, im planning to get a keyboard with MIDI in the future, so im trying to find the answer too :)

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Connect Midi Keyboard To Computer 2005-04-09 14:30:09

At 4/9/05 07:03 AM, F-13 wrote: I have a Yamaha keyboard (not keyboard to type, but an electronic synthesyser) and I'm wondering how I would go about connecting it's MIDI output and input cables to my computer so I can work with fruityloops or other MIDI-supporting programs.

Do I need special hardware? Special software?

I have a Soundblaster Audigy EXT 1, and it has MIDI input and output jacks on the external part. I've never used that part of it, though, I was more interested in the digital optical part. Anyway, there are a lot of results for MIDI USB on Google, so there's certainly that option on the hardware side of things. I'd imagine whatever hardware you buy would include some kind of software to interface with it.

Response to Connect Midi Keyboard To Computer 2005-04-09 14:30:40

At 4/9/05 10:18 AM, Toocool100 wrote: Good luck with the info your finding out, im planning to get a keyboard with MIDI in the future, so im trying to find the answer too :)

You might want to get a dedicated MIDI controller from a producer such as Edirol OR M-Audio. M-Audio Oxygen 8 is a MIDI controller with 2 octaves that plugs in via USB. It comes with 8 sliders to link to your host application through MIDI messages. Also comes with mod wheel etc. They retail at about £100.

> twitter.