00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

froggartfrog just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

663,791 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-05 13:53:08

Ok.. Well, this may be a obvious question or a extremely hard to answer one..

Using "Fruity Loops" 8, (my brother uses it mainly..) and i noticed, for all the begining tutorials you can make up to 64 bars for music.. But in real songs, they don't even use them.. If you can understand that question, how exactly do you do that?

*(: New to the Forums :) *

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-05 15:57:19

At 8/5/08 01:53 PM, Kosinis wrote: Ok.. Well, this may be a obvious question or a extremely hard to answer one..

Using "Fruity Loops" 8, (my brother uses it mainly..) and i noticed, for all the begining tutorials you can make up to 64 bars for music.. But in real songs, they don't even use them.. If you can understand that question, how exactly do you do that?

Never mind, discovered it was solved with play lists! F5 FTW! Thanks anyway!
Ladee dah, Making it a legit post...
No more questions atm.. Thanks for making me solve it myself! :D

*(: New to the Forums :) *

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-06 23:47:42

At 8/3/08 06:14 PM, GregDistortion wrote: How would I go about increasing the actual sound quality of FL? It sounds perfectly fine when I convert it to MP3, but while writing, it sometimes distorts the sound and makes it sound like crap.

First off it depends on the following;

1. How much RAM do you have?

2. Do you have any programs running simultaneously??

3. What is the speed of your computer?

Consider 1 the most important if you have that problem with the crackling then consider doing this

Click here ASIO4ALL and download the latest version...if you are willing to, try downloading the beta...if it doesn't work well..then use v2.8.

The next thing you need to do is goto the audio options in FL Studio
Options>Audio Settings

From there you should see the input/output dropdown menu and ASIO should be in there...click it.

Set the priority to highest..
Interpolation is fine on 6-point hermite
Make sure safe-overload is off
and the sample rate should be set at 44100Hz

Oh and last thing...it would be okay to click auto-close device

ASIO4ALL will allow you to write in real-time without all that crappy sounds and the overloading..

Happy Tuning!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-10 00:08:58

i have no idea WHY! but everytime i open up fruity loops this error comes up "Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c" if i press cancel or continue it comes up again and again like 10 times then goes away and FL is normal after that. so far i havnt found anything thats been affected by it its just really annoying !
has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it
thanks!

DaNReD

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-10 05:23:29

At 8/10/08 12:08 AM, danredda wrote: i have no idea WHY! but everytime i open up fruity loops this error comes up "Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c" if i press cancel or continue it comes up again and again like 10 times then goes away and FL is normal after that. so far i havnt found anything thats been affected by it its just really annoying !
has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it
thanks!

Maybe this will help, the guy got the same message as you.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-10 06:58:12

yeah i found that page before with a google search
i have no idea what they are talking about or how he said to fix it
im tryin to find out if its a problem relating to FL or with something else
thanks for reply tho

DaNReD

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-10 07:57:52

At 8/10/08 06:58 AM, danredda wrote: yeah i found that page before with a google search
i have no idea what they are talking about or how he said to fix it
im tryin to find out if its a problem relating to FL or with something else
thanks for reply tho

it's a virus apparently, do what the guy says on the second and fourth post.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-13 13:47:06

Okay i have a problem with tempo, ill have the main tempo say at like 170 but when i play my syth or w/e the tempo will drop to say like 130 is it possible to fix this?
Thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-13 14:09:00

At 8/13/08 01:47 PM, ShinRok wrote: Okay i have a problem with tempo, ill have the main tempo say at like 170 but when i play my syth or w/e the tempo will drop to say like 130 is it possible to fix this?
Thanks

Try right-clicking on the Tempo when it's set to 170, and then choose, "Init song with this position." Keep in mind though, if you want to change your mind about the tempo, you'll have to do it again.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-13 14:11:45

Try right-clicking on the Tempo when it's set to 170, and then choose, "Init song with this position." Keep in mind though, if you want to change your mind about the tempo, you'll have to do it again.

Yeah i just realize that D: thanks :]

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-16 22:12:50

I'm having a hell of a time recording vocals in fruity loops 7. My first layer records just fine, but if I want to add some harmonies, whenever I try to record those, it seems that fruity loops records the whole song along with it. It starts to sound a little bit distorted on the first layer of harmony, but if I go to a 3rd layer it is painfully obvious. I have tried even muting my speakers and then recording to see what happens, but it still rerecords the song. Any ideas what I'm doin wrong?

-Jason
KTRECORDS

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-17 11:21:53

Dont record In FL studio.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-17 17:56:38

Does anyone know how to convert a song (one I've already done) into a midi file?
A guy asked me to covert 8 of the most important patterns into a midi and send them to him. I don't know how to do it. :(
Someone help?
Thanks in advanced!

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-17 18:37:08

Go up to the top tool bar and I think its.

Tools>Macros>Prepare for Midi Export.

Then export as a midi.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-18 00:03:22

I'm running FL 8, and I'm trying to figure out how to change the time signature from 4/4 to 3/4. I'm new to fruity loops and music in general, but I think that's how you would say what I'm trying to do.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-18 00:05:29

At 8/18/08 12:03 AM, bucher wrote: I'm running FL 8, and I'm trying to figure out how to change the time signature from 4/4 to 3/4. I'm new to fruity loops and music in general, but I think that's how you would say what I'm trying to do.

Go to "Options > Project general settings", and you'll be able to set the time signature to whatever you want.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-19 12:59:14

I have a problem getting a real heavy, bassy kick without killing the rest of the track. Every time I try to put some extra "oomf" in it, the oomf just drowns out the rest of the song. I've tried compressors and whatnot, but that doesn't seem to help enough. What am I doing wrong?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-19 15:54:55

At 8/19/08 12:59 PM, ZOMGBIE wrote: I have a problem getting a real heavy, bassy kick without killing the rest of the track. Every time I try to put some extra "oomf" in it, the oomf just drowns out the rest of the song. I've tried compressors and whatnot, but that doesn't seem to help enough. What am I doing wrong?

Apparently, you're trying to put too much oomf into it.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-19 18:54:52

I want my synth lead to go from low-pitched to high-pitched smoothly, in around 5 seconds. How can i do this?

Kirlian Choices

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-19 20:11:49

At 8/19/08 06:54 PM, Mad-Muppet wrote: I want my synth lead to go from low-pitched to high-pitched smoothly, in around 5 seconds. How can i do this?

If you wanted to, maybe you could create an automation clip with the "pitch" knob, if you're using a VST native to FL. Right click on the knob, and choose "create an automation clip", then using the line that appears, stretch it out to whatever length you want, and make it start from whatever low-pitched sound you want to the high-pitched sound.

If it's not a VST native to FL that won't allow you to create an automation clip like that, maybe you could try applying a band-pass or high-pass filter, and then using an automation clip on the filter's frequency. That will not get you the same sound as a pitchbend though, but it might be sort of close to something you're looking for.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-20 00:39:56

I admit I am a huge noob. I am still learning how to use the FLstudios, and I can't figure out for the life of me how get things to not ring out forever. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-20 20:52:42

At 8/20/08 12:39 AM, ragingmullet wrote: I admit I am a huge noob. I am still learning how to use the FLstudios, and I can't figure out for the life of me how get things to not ring out forever. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

Think you could explain that better and be a bit more specific? If you mean when you press Stop on FL and it keeps playing an echo, that's normal, press Stop again. Not sure what you're referring to though.

@New-Milkman: So that's how automation clips work...I always wondered about those.

I have two questions of my own.

How exactly do you use the Send spaces in the Mixer?

And, how can you make your own percussion set with the pieces you want using a single channel?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-21 03:16:13

At 8/20/08 08:52 PM, GronmonSE wrote:
At 8/20/08 12:39 AM, ragingmullet wrote: I admit I am a huge noob. I am still learning how to use the FLstudios, and I can't figure out for the life of me how get things to not ring out forever. Any help would be awesome, thanks.
Think you could explain that better and be a bit more specific? If you mean when you press Stop on FL and it keeps playing an echo, that's normal, press Stop again. Not sure what you're referring to though.

@New-Milkman: So that's how automation clips work...I always wondered about those.

Yeah, after this tutorial from Warbeats.com, Automation clips became a lot more clear (and figured out some stiff I didn't know you could do with them).

I have two questions of my own.

How exactly do you use the Send spaces in the Mixer?

I'm actually not too sure on how to use the Send spaces, but with quick experimentation, I just made a channel linked to Mixer Slot 1, and sent it to "Send 1" by right clicking the little arrow under the slider and picking "Route to this channel only". Then you can send as many FX slots as you want to that "Send" channel.

I'm not too sure if that's how you're supposed to use those though, because I usually do the same thing with the regular "Insert" channels.

And, how can you make your own percussion set with the pieces you want using a single channel?

If you wanted to, you could create a quick pattern that just contains all the drums you want to use in the set. Something like a pattern "kick, snare, hi-hat, clap", without having any interference with the sound waves. Then make sure the "PAT" button is turned on, and export as a WAV file. Because PAT is selected, it will export only the pattern as a WAV file. Then you can open up the WAV file with a slicer (Fruity Slicer or SliceX), and you should be free to put a drum pattern together in one piano roll window.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-21 05:55:14

RagingMullet- do you mean your sound rings out after a note ends? This can possibly be solved by just lowering the release time on the (or a) volume envelope. If you tell me what synth you're using I can tell you exactly where to go.

Milkman- creating beats in the step sequencer is a nice quick way of making beats but if you want to make a more complex rhyhtm that utilizes 32nd notes or an irregular pattern you're going to have to use the piano roll. Another way is too just load up the samples into FPC through the layer properties tab. step sequencer is efficient, but FPC is technically a method of getting all your samples in one channel :P

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-21 20:13:57

Thanks for the link, New Milk-Man. I'll check it out in a sec. I've been doing stuff the long way, editing Events :/

I think I read somewhere that Send spaces are used to save RAM. For example, rather than adding effects to every single mixer slot, you just link them to the Send space. However, I don't find it all that useful, it gives you less individual control.

@S3C: Well, guess I'll have to use that.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-22 01:57:16

Thanks soooo much guys. To be specific, what I was talking about is so many things continue ringing out forever and I couldn't figure out how to fade it out or stop it altogether. I will be sure to check out that link. Once again thanks so much.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-23 10:21:42

is there a way to where I can just take the music out and laeve the person singin musicless with FL XXL7?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-24 20:28:43

im having a wierd problem. in my new song (http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/
) theres a lead synth that comes in at 0:45 and keeps going till the end of the song. it sounded nice and loud like i wanted it to when in fruity loops but when i converted to mp3 it can barely be heard. anyone know how to fix this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-24 20:33:54

At 8/24/08 08:28 PM, ganon95 wrote: im having a wierd problem. in my new song (http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/
167593) theres a lead synth that comes in at 0:45 and keeps going till the end of the song. it sounded nice and loud like i wanted it to when in fruity loops but when i converted to mp3 it can barely be heard. anyone know how to fix this?

EQ The Synth or the whole song witht he Parametric EQ 2. Push the higher bands up until you get it how you like, but you have to make sure everything else is sounding like it should.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-24 23:39:41

spirit, i did that and it didn't work, the synth sounds fine when being played in fruity loops but when i convert to mp3 you can barely hear it