00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Deluzzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

666,997 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-04 15:20:26

At 5/31/12 10:22 AM, The-iMortal wrote:
At 5/31/12 10:18 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I have a feeling that's the case, lol.
If that is the case, I sincerely apologise.

I was not sarcastic at all, no dicking here. Yes, I treated myself of dumb, and the problem was me stupidly not checking my eq and mixing badly. But more like not checking my eq.

And yeah, lol, I sincerly thank you for your help :P

I AM NOT A JERK... ok?

Computer has no brain. DEAL WITH IT!

Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-04 15:31:48

Woops, bug! stupid tab!

@Nechura sorry if I sounded like a jerk, but it appeared obvious to me.

So yeah, pretty much it, sorry for the commotion!

Stupidity is a dangerous and contagious disease. It can happen to you. It can happen to me

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-05 04:34:18

At 6/4/12 03:31 PM, TheZaaL wrote: Woops, bug! stupid tab!

No worries bro, misunderstandings happen

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-05 15:29:21

having some major noise issues when recording with FL.

Okay, here's the gear setup: Guitar > Amplifier input > Amplifier pre amp line out > USB audio interface microphone

taking in the output from the interface headphone jack and the amplifier headphone out and plugging them into a hub, then plugging my headphones into the hub and monitoring both, using various adapters. sounds like a bad idea, but it worked PERFECTLY for like 10 minutes.

I'm using ASIO4ALL as my sound driver in FL and using it to record with my interface into the playlist (using multiple channels, including master). it can do either mono or stereo - i've tried both with same result, shitload of noise. the levels were all pretty much equal in that first ten minutes, and the dB meter was nominal. then something happened and everything went to shit. i've checked and rechecked my connections and equipment - nothing faulty or loose. i've switched between my two pickups, active and passive, same thing.

if you need more info, please lemme know, i need to get this working ASAP.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-05 15:39:24

At 6/5/12 03:29 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: having some major noise issues when recording with FL.

Not likely an FL studio issue. Sounds to me like you're putting a line level signal into a mic input on your interface. Is it just noise? Or is the signal also very loud/peaking/clipping?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-05 15:41:34

At 6/5/12 03:39 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 6/5/12 03:29 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: having some major noise issues when recording with FL.
Not likely an FL studio issue. Sounds to me like you're putting a line level signal into a mic input on your interface. Is it just noise? Or is the signal also very loud/peaking/clipping?

just noise. line level, what does that mean?

i bypassed my pedal because, even though it's EQing too was level and sounded fine through my headphones, it was EXTREMELY quiet and had to be normalized just so you could hear it, and even then i had to use a limiter because it peaked.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-05 15:59:38

At 6/5/12 03:41 PM, Ultramartyr wrote: just noise. line level, what does that mean?

Line level is just the boosted signal that comes out of a pre amp. Thats why its called "Line Out" which means Line Level Output. It sounds to me like youre just pluggin the line out into a microphone jack on an interface, but your wording was strange because you called it a "audio interface microphone" --does that mean its a microphone thats also an interface? If thats the case then look for a LINE IN on the interface rather then just a mic plug.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-05 16:01:57

And if it really is FL studios doing, then its probably just the playback not the recording itself. Just hit F10, go to the audio tab on the left, and raise the buffer size. Then try listening again.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-08 21:53:05

At 6/8/12 02:49 PM, LaForge wrote: i've every issue figured out, save one. i turn out "countdown before recording", go to "one-click recording" and hit "recording audio clip to playlist", and the fucking countdown turns itself back on. is this something that that particular recording function will always do, or can i permanently disable it?

one-click recording is essentially a macro, so this is just something that it'll always do. is there any particular reason you need to use the one-click recording feature?

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-11 15:31:06

Well, now I know why this piece of shit is pirated so much. I paid over $100 dollars for the Fruity Edition, and now I realize that in order to use ANY of ImageLine's plugin synthesizers, you have to shell out EVEN MORE additional cash. I mean, come on. $79 for Ogun? $179 for Sytrus? $189 for Maximus? I paid for this; why are they trying to charge me these ridiculous amounts for VST's ALREADY included in the program? I mean, I bought FL Studio so I wouldn't have to pay the $800+ it takes to get Ableton Live.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-11 20:55:02

At 6/11/12 03:31 PM, Morph94 wrote: Well, now I know why this piece of shit is pirated so much. I paid over $100 dollars for the Fruity Edition, and now I realize that in order to use ANY of ImageLine's plugin synthesizers, you have to shell out EVEN MORE additional cash. I mean, come on. $79 for Ogun? $179 for Sytrus? $189 for Maximus?

the upgrade from fruity edition to XXL is $300 and you get all of those plugins

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-11 21:28:22

At 6/11/12 03:52 PM, LaForge wrote: is there another way to record to the playlist from an input?

Yes! Open your mixer tab, select an input and arm the channel for recording (click for superior visual explanation). You can record multiple channels at once, record the same input through multiple effects and just record the output of any given mixer track this way. It's a little more effort to begin with but if you mess up a take you can stop recording, ctrl+z and record straight away without setting it up again, or move the playhead and punch in from where you left off.

At 6/11/12 08:55 PM, midimachine wrote: the upgrade from fruity edition to XXL is $300 and you get all of those plugins

ALSO any plugins they make that are included in XXL are also included in the lifetime free updates for that edition.

Seriously, $189 for a high quality compression plugin isn't expensive, and the argument that you shouldn't have to pay for it because it came with the program is just silly - the whole point of a demo is 1) so you can try something out 2) so the developer can cocktease you into shilling out for a license.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-11 21:35:30

At 6/11/12 08:55 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 6/11/12 03:31 PM, Morph94 wrote: Well, now I know why this piece of shit is pirated so much. I paid over $100 dollars for the Fruity Edition, and now I realize that in order to use ANY of ImageLine's plugin synthesizers, you have to shell out EVEN MORE additional cash. I mean, come on. $79 for Ogun? $179 for Sytrus? $189 for Maximus?

AND UPDATE 4 LIFEZZZ!!! Seriously, it is worth that amount, Image-Line truly did a great job, it's a consumer-friendly company too.

"GIIIIIVEEEEZ THEEEM YOURRSSS MAAAANNIIIIIIIIEEEESSSS"
- Jontron

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-11 22:11:30

At 6/11/12 09:35 PM, TheZaaL wrote:
AND UPDATE 4 LIFEZZZ!!! Seriously, it is worth that amount, Image-Line truly did a great job, it's a consumer-friendly company too.

Unfortunately, I'm poor. I'll just have to save up for a while, I guess. Entertain myself with free VST's until then.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-11 22:29:27

At 6/11/12 10:11 PM, Morph94 wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm poor. I'll just have to save up for a while, I guess. Entertain myself with free VST's until then.

Give DSK Music a try, but now we're drifing away. Problem solved, I guess!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-12 00:21:02

At 6/11/12 10:09 PM, LaForge wrote: cool, but it seems that the mixer track disarms for recording after every take, and for some reason, even though i have "auto-create audio clip" selected, nothing appears in the playlist until after the take is finished.

Oh yeah, I forgot that auto-unarm is enabled by default. It's in the same menu as auto-create audio clip.

How did you get it to display the audio clip before you finished recording before? I assumed it was normal that it didn't appear until you stopped recording, haha. FL is wacky!

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-16 03:59:09

Hey, I'm trying to use a pitch shifter to record a vocal sample of myself for a chorus, but the pitch shifter also slows down my music. I just want the low voice without altering the beat itself... But whenever I try to with Edison, it either slows down my whole song, or it doesn't have the shifted pitch. Anyone know of anything I can do, or possibly any vst plugins that don't change the pitch of my beat? All I want is a 4 measure chorus repeated with the shifted pitch (which it didn't let me put down another sample, it only let me put one).
Please help!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-16 04:21:45

At 6/16/12 03:59 AM, up2dtime07 wrote: Hey, I'm trying to use a pitch shifter to record a vocal sample of myself for a chorus, but the pitch shifter also slows down my music. I just want the low voice without altering the beat itself... But whenever I try to with Edison, it either slows down my whole song, or it doesn't have the shifted pitch. Anyone know of anything I can do, or possibly any vst plugins that don't change the pitch of my beat? All I want is a 4 measure chorus repeated with the shifted pitch (which it didn't let me put down another sample, it only let me put one).
Please help!

Nevermind actually.... As soon as I wrote this I found out how to do this, on the voice sample itself just pull down the pitch. Silly me. However, now in the beginning of the song theres the original voice sample with no pitch shift... Why is it there? I can't remove it because there's nothing on the playlist. How do i remove that?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-16 09:11:56

At 6/16/12 04:21 AM, up2dtime07 wrote: Nevermind actually.... As soon as I wrote this I found out how to do this, on the voice sample itself just pull down the pitch. Silly me. However, now in the beginning of the song theres the original voice sample with no pitch shift... Why is it there? I can't remove it because there's nothing on the playlist. How do i remove that?

are there any patterns on the playlist? make sure you didn't actually click it into the step sequencer in any patterns.

also remove the edison VST if you still have it running.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-18 06:58:47

At 6/4/12 03:31 PM, TheZaaL wrote: Woops, bug! stupid tab!

It was just a suggestion...

lol fuk u

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-18 09:19:15

At 6/16/12 04:21 AM, up2dtime07 wrote:
At 6/16/12 03:59 AM, up2dtime07 wrote: Hey, I'm trying to use a pitch shifter to record a vocal sample of myself for a chorus, but the pitch shifter also slows down my music. I just want the low voice without altering the beat itself... But whenever I try to with Edison, it either slows down my whole song, or it doesn't have the shifted pitch. Anyone know of anything I can do, or possibly any vst plugins that don't change the pitch of my beat? All I want is a 4 measure chorus repeated with the shifted pitch (which it didn't let me put down another sample, it only let me put one).
Please help!
Nevermind actually.... As soon as I wrote this I found out how to do this, on the voice sample itself just pull down the pitch. Silly me. However, now in the beginning of the song theres the original voice sample with no pitch shift... Why is it there? I can't remove it because there's nothing on the playlist. How do i remove that?

A bit old but...

Edison has this bad habit of playing whatever sample is loaded whenever you play the rest of the song. It's a bit hard to realize because Edison tends to be mixed in with whatever you have in your mixer Fx Rack.

Just get rid of Edison if you aren't going to use it, or turn off that thing that says "Slave Playback to Host".

I hope this helped!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-21 21:57:11

At 6/21/12 05:25 PM, LaForge wrote: any ideas?

Wacky... perhaps the device might still be in use by ASIO4All, 0r even as your default sound driver?
Try a reinstall, maybe. If there was any part where it was like "HEY ASSHOLE DISCONNECT THE DEVICE YEAH NOW RECONNECT IT AGAIN" then it might've fucked up if you had other stuff running. Did you install the driver off a CD?

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-26 08:41:59

I have a question, what's the main difference between the fruity version and the producer version?

One good thing about music, is that when it hits you, you feel no pain.

-Bob Marley

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-06-26 09:00:35

At 6/26/12 08:41 AM, Blazirc wrote: I have a question, what's the main difference between the fruity version and the producer version?

how about you read it off the image line site you lazy shit

Producer Edition includes:

All Fruity Edition features plus...

Audio recording from external sources.

Direct-to-disk recording & offline rendering of Mixer tracks.

Audio Clips with waveform view & support for cue points.

Automation Clips with editable envelopes and LFO mode.

+ Edison - integrated audio editor/recorder.

+ Slicex - loop slicer & re-arranger.

+ Vocodex - advanced vocoder.

+ Synthmaker âEU" advanced everything!

Lifetime free updates to Producer Edition by download.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-04 10:52:50

Just bumping this with my problems.

I used Edison to cut a segment out of a wave file and put it in a channel. I want the segment to repeat itself so I used the crossfade loop button. However I also want to pitch it up, and normally this works fine when I use this method, but now, when I play the looping sample and fiddle with the pitch knob, nothing happens. It also stays the same tone when I use the piano roll. I have no idea how this happens. Help?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-04 11:25:15

At 7/4/12 10:52 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Just bumping this with my problems.

I used Edison to cut a segment out of a wave file and put it in a channel. I want the segment to repeat itself so I used the crossfade loop button. However I also want to pitch it up, and normally this works fine when I use this method, but now, when I play the looping sample and fiddle with the pitch knob, nothing happens. It also stays the same tone when I use the piano roll. I have no idea how this happens. Help?

In the sampler channel options under time stretching, select "Resample" from the drop down box.
If it's already set to resample then open the MISC and make sure "Add to key" is unchecked.

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-04 11:30:29

At 7/4/12 11:25 AM, midimachine wrote: In the sampler channel options under time stretching, select "Resample" from the drop down box.
If it's already set to resample then open the MISC and make sure "Add to key" is unchecked.

When I set it to 'resample' (I had it on 'auto') I still couldn't do it, although I noticed that the tone was a semitone lower. 'Add to key' was already unchecked.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-04 12:03:17

At 7/4/12 11:30 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: When I set it to 'resample' (I had it on 'auto') I still couldn't do it, although I noticed that the tone was a semitone lower. 'Add to key' was already unchecked.

Right click the knob next to the drop down box labelled "TIME" and select "(none)" or drag it back to zero. If it doesn't work after that then something wacky happened

p.s. i am gay

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-04 12:40:37

At 7/4/12 12:03 PM, midimachine wrote: Right click the knob next to the drop down box labelled "TIME" and select "(none)" or drag it back to zero. If it doesn't work after that then something wacky happened

Yay, that worked! Thanks a ton!

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2012-07-04 15:49:51

BSoD

So I'm getting some awkward problem. I use a Lexicon Lambda interface which comes with its own specific lexicon asio driver. The driver worked wonderfully for the last 2 years or so. Recently I plugged the interface into my laptop so I could have a nice mic to videochat with. Regardless, when I switched back to the studio computer I started getting two errors. One was that the audio for videos would take a few extra seconds to load then the video (like on youtube and stuff) so it would play the video then pause a few seconds to wait for audio. Weird eh?

Well here's the SHIT error:
When I open up FL studio I tend to keep it on the primary sound driver until I get artifacts or buffering problems (or if I need to record), but when I switched it over to the Lexicon ASIO driver I immediately got a blue screen of death with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Obviously the first thing I did was re-install my audio driver. That fixed the weird audio lag on everything but I still get BSoD if I use the ASIO driver in FL. This effectively stops me from being able to record which is a huge problem for my clients.

I've looked into the problem online and have yet to find someone else with the problem. Perhaps I'm being a bad googler, but here's to hoping you guys can think of something I havent. Here's what I've tried so far in order:

Reset Audio Driver Settings
Re-installed Audio Driver
Re-Installed FL Studio
Ran a registry cleaner with CCleaner

TLDR; My audio driver started randomly causing BSoD, what could this be?