00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cash for your Flash

32,280 Views | 325 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:03:12

Yesh! I officially have had (just now) Tom Fulp respond to me. Yes I feel weird now...
*puts on rabbit suit and hops away*

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:03:57

So uh, may the best artists win!

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:07:12

Sounds like a nice idea. Those flashes made for contests on other sites looked great.

But i'm sure newdgrounds.com sounded like a good idea to others aswell so i hope this works out well for you and newgrounds.com.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:07:46

Ya lost me after "trepedation" :)

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:08:45

Sounds good to me. what does the voting pannel base there choice of best artist on?

and when you win a cash prize does an award go to your profile?

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:09:04

Holy shit. I'm going to start up flash again, just for this. Great idea Tom. :]

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:10:11

Good Lord. This is NOT going to end well. Money ruins everything. Except sex. Money is always good for sex.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:10:48

Tom, it's a great step forward.
I'm very glad that you've added this incentive to encourage people to make great Flash. I can see problems arising with the selection process but I sincerely hope that you can find a way round any glitches to keep this as a permanent thing on NG, a reward for the authors who make NG what it is - not just the guys in the top 20 of all time, but the users who win weekly awards and then drop into abyss below the top 50.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:10:56

Heh... I'll make Flash if i can get The AH game signed by you, wade, and Dan Paladin and maybe a Mindchamber Shirt. :P

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:11:01

At 2/18/05 06:53 PM, TomFulp wrote: Flash by arab_freak:
- none -

I don't think it really matters for you. :)

It really is an honor for you to reply.

Anyway I have been working with flash (my uncle gave me some lessons [plus some with swish]) but they're only simple animations to help his staff meetings.

Even if I DO submit anything, I'll have to lie about my age.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:11:10

Another question, if someone under the age of 18 wins, will they get anything? Like a console, maybe?

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:13:04

Holy shit. I bet this will make newgrounds even bigger and alot of talented animators will now submit work to this place. Man, i cant wait till my next flash is finished

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:13:11

now i know this will never be answered because its not really are bussiness and its never been answered before but how much money do you make a year?

We might be seeing some new retarded animal babies,the creator always said hed rather be doing that if he was getting paid for it.

cant wait to see the awesome content the comes from this.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:14:05

Good idea,

The fact that newgrounds is such a whole hearted community is what's kept me here for years. The fact that you are taking money out of your pocket to send back to those who, in part, keep the site thriving just proves why I've been coming back for so long. The thing that worries most is the "animating for cash" will tear all creativity out of the medium... but I think the voting panel could change that. Us here at newgrounds know what we want - and we know what is absolute garbage (well.. those who have been here for a while at least).
My only question is with minors (such as myself)... there could be the chance that a minor takes the cake and as people have been questioning "what happens then?". I, as most, understand the legal issues of issuing a cheque to a minor... so what's the game plan? any ideas?

Either way,
This could make for some hearty competition.
I'm stoked to see what gets submitted through this, and upcoming months.

Good luck to everyone!

-AlAdsit
xoxo

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:15:27

Hell yeah, perfect timing. I got a flash I've been working on for months and it's almost done. And since my last movie made front page (thanks again Tom!), I think I got a pretty good shot at this :D

I'm in the new Adam Sandler movie Sandy Wexler. I play a Prison Guard and a trainer for Terry Crews. To see what movies I'm in check out http://facebook.com/VinstigatorMusic

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:15:53

Why not give prizes for diffrent catagories ? Like, most humouress flash, most original or whatever. It would save those generic anime fighting flashes winning every month, every prize.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:17:19

At 2/18/05 07:15 PM, Tremour wrote: Why not give prizes for diffrent catagories ? Like, most humouress flash, most original or whatever. It would save those generic anime fighting flashes winning every month, every prize.

I agree with that. Best arty flash, best humour flash... A nice cross section. It would encourage different forms of flash, too. Like Crayon Parade.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:22:49

We have always wanted to give something back to the artists, but money has always been a touchy subject. How to do it and not ruin the Newgrounds experience. We don't want to encourage cheating, we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, etc. So we have always tried to offer everyone as much exposure as possible. To many this will still be worth more than a $250 prize, and I hope a lot of our artists will still mainly submit to NG because they want to share their work with our mass audience. If they happen to win $250 as well, then it's just a bonus.

It will be fun to sit back and see how this plays out.

We will look into getting prizes to minors. If Tom decides to continue the prizes I'm sure he'll explore his options.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:25:27

One thing i need to point out though

It would be a HUGE mistake if the voting for the prize would be left to the viewers. It would be so much better if a select independant group would decide who will be the winners.

Why? Cause i can already see it go wrong. The general public usually has one genre that it really loves. For example video game comedy. It would suck so much if every month only video game comedies would win. This might even cause flash animators to adjust their themes and work to that particular genre and - like you said - will animate only for the money.

So yeah, i still like the idea alot though. Adios

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:27:15

At 2/18/05 07:25 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote: One thing i need to point out though

It would be a HUGE mistake if the voting for the prize would be left to the viewers. It would be so much better if a select independant group would decide who will be the winners.

Why? Cause i can already see it go wrong. The general public usually has one genre that it really loves. For example video game comedy. It would suck so much if every month only video game comedies would win. This might even cause flash animators to adjust their themes and work to that particular genre and - like you said - will animate only for the money.

So yeah, i still like the idea alot though. Adios

Forsure, a select independant group would be the better option.
The fact that there is history of any review posted and vote submitted would be an easy way of choosing a fair group.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:27:25

Great idea... This will bring out the better in ALL flash artists... hopefully atleast! Great thinking NG Crew :)

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:27:55

Hot dog! This sounds interesting. The stakes get higher and higher. It all started with that first flash movie on the portal, the one with the error message and the button you try to click on moves around! "Small Penis Program."

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:27:59

I'm going to ask David Firth for co-author. I will need to sacrifice my virgin anus and a kidney, but it's all good. =D

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:29:10

well, if I were over 18, and was actually amazing at flash, this contest would apply to me.

However, since I have no chance, I hope Randy Solem wins with ROTMK 4.

WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:29:38

Tom will figure out a fair way to get the community involved. One idea is to only allow high level users, maybe those with 1000 EXP or more, to vote from a pool of entries. To get in the pool the entries may have had to been feature on the front pgae, been in the Daily Top 5, etc. Those are details we'll have to go over to make things as fair as possible.

Don't have 1,00 EXP? You've had since 12/15/99 to start depositing, so don't whine that you don't have enough EXP points. :)

Maybe we'll require users to have 2,000 EXP to vote. :)

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:31:25

At 2/18/05 07:29 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Maybe we'll require users to have 2,000 EXP to vote. :)

I reckon 5,925 is about enough.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:31:27

At 2/18/05 07:29 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Maybe we'll require users to have 2,000 EXP to vote. :)

Maybe you could make it the 4th secret.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:32:00

I have a feeling that the Interactive Buddy author will win some cash this month, and rightly so.

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:32:17

Wow, sounds great >: )

If I ever once bring home a newgrounds check, that will forever shut my dad up about spending more time on personal work than I do at school

BBS Signature

Response to Cash for your Flash 2005-02-18 19:32:19

Noes! How about a minimum of 1,400? :)