00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SNiter27 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Portal Thieves...

7,197 Views | 86 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 03:05:08

At 2/21/02 02:51 AM, Mortalmaxx wrote: Forget about that clock story, just ban the damn guy!!!

great point! ban ban ban!

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 03:10:14

:"What would Jesus do?"

lmao.

let this be a reminder to all else who jack other people's shit. don't think that "oops i am sorry i forgot to credit the real author" bullshit will work all the time. there's a fine distinction between "oops i posted something but i didn't think anyone would notice so i didn't bother crediting the author". make sure you credit the author FIRST thing. otherwise, i say delete that shit.

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 03:38:56

If he is genuinely sorry then I think we should give him another chance.

But he's on thin fucking ice now!

Newgrounds is a website for 13 year olds who cannot understand the difference between "there", "their" and "they´re".

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 04:01:32

"What would Jesus do?"

Jesus would bitchslap NEWground2014's ass to hell. Thats what he would do!!!

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 04:20:35

At 2/21/02 04:01 AM, Falcon1485 wrote:
"What would Jesus do?"
Jesus would bitchslap NEWground2014's ass to hell. Thats what he would do!!!

Nah, that's what Brian Boytano would do. Jesus is MUCH more harsh.

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 08:38:12

At 2/21/02 12:46 AM, PointsofAuthortity wrote: I'm sure he never meant to do that.

You're right. He probably accidentally uploaded a swf of someone else's work in place of his own Hamster movie. Come on, this is bullshit. He wanted the glory until he realized he'd probably be found out.

Even if he had "credited the author," it's still not his fucking movie.

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 09:37:51

Stolen movies on the front page? What's next? Bah - that sux.

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 09:45:59

Hey Tom! League Bowling is stolen! I think you should bah that user too! I saw that flash movie on a Neo Geo!

Bahahaha! (applauds self for his wit)

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 09:59:47

At 2/21/02 09:37 AM, arrogancy wrote: Stolen movies on the front page? What's next? Bah - that sux.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Portal Thieves...

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 10:58:30

I was just telling Jose that I should whipe out his account (which includes 149 reviews and 22 portal submissions) and post a picture of his head on a stick on the frontpage of the site to set an example... But then I asked myself, "What would Jesus do?"

I decided to forgive him for his sins and have given him another chance.

What does "Jesus" have to do with plagirism and theft, Tom? I have a comptuer class at my Art School and if I was caught stealen someone ELSE's Flash Moive, which they worked steadfastly on, they would accuse my of plagirism and boot my ass outta college! If you do not make an example outta this pric, it'll just go on and on!

And WTF does Jesus have to do with your decision? Let's try to keep NG secular cause as far as I'm concerned, their is no Jesus! I'm not an Atheist or anything, but why would God allow such atrocities like 9/11 to occur? Luckily, I'm not that foolish or weak to put faith in an imaginary character. I get by on my own conviction and exhortations.

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 11:10:18

At 2/21/02 10:58 AM, Detesticus wrote:
I was just telling Jose that I should whipe out his account (which includes 149 reviews and 22 portal submissions) and post a picture of his head on a stick on the frontpage of the site to set an example... But then I asked myself, "What would Jesus do?"

What does "Jesus" have to do with plagirism and theft, Tom? I have a comptuer class at my Art School and if I was caught stealen someone ELSE's Flash Moive, which they worked steadfastly on, they would accuse my of plagirism and boot my ass outta college! If you do not make an example outta this pric, it'll just go on and on!

And WTF does Jesus have to do with your decision? Let's try to keep NG secular cause as far as I'm concerned, their is no Jesus! I'm not an Atheist or anything, but why would God allow such atrocities like 9/11 to occur? Luckily, I'm not that foolish or weak to put faith in an imaginary character. I get by on my own conviction and exhortations.

You're so much smarter than the rest of the world, perhaps now that you can prove that there is no God, you can share the proof with the rest of the world and end all of the arguments as well as explain with your definitve proof how we all got here!

Replying to an earlier post - yes, I know that Xiao Xiao counts as a "stolen movie," my statement was made in jest as was the League Bowling statement :)

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 11:30:43

If Tom wants to know what Jesus would do then why hasn't he asked Jesus with that mad pager thing. He made it.

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 11:34:34

Umm, you see, Jejsus is supposedly the SON of god, not son, and Jesus was a real person, not some angel.

I love people who go off and make decisions like being an athiest and shit, but know nothing of what they're talking about, and then insult others for beleiving in something.

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 11:37:49

At 2/21/02 11:34 AM, DingleberryClock wrote:

Umm, you see, Jejsus is supposedly the SON of god, not son, and Jesus was a real person, not some angel.

I love people who go off and make decisions like being an athiest and shit, but know nothing of what they're talking about, and then insult others for beleiving in something.

err, the son, not god*

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 11:49:00

At 2/21/02 12:29 AM, TomFulp wrote: A user uploaded a hamster movie that was so funny we immediately stuck it on the frontpage. It turned out to be stolen of course...

"Tom, I'm very sorry I hav to admit that the hamster
movie was not mine and I wanted to give credit but I
forgot and before I knew it the movie was on the
frontpage I am deeply sorry I will make sure it never
happends again please do not ban me I am truly sorry!
(" - NEWGround2014

In related news, we have updated the Portal FAQ to cover some of the more recent changes. Expect some more updates on the way in the near future.

To be fair, you should let this be a warning to all the other users. Let him go but i think from now on you should tighten up the rules. I DO think that anyone who submits a stolen movie should be deleted from now on because it's part of the submition rules. Portal theives are just putting Newgrounds in trouble and they are the ones saying they love this place.

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 12:29:54

At 2/21/02 11:10 AM, arrogancy wrote:

You're so much smarter than the rest of the world, perhaps now that you can prove that there is no God, you can share the proof with the rest of the world and end all of the arguments as well as explain with your definitve proof how we all got here!

Replying to an earlier post - yes, I know that Xiao Xiao counts as a "stolen movie," my statement was made in jest as was the League Bowling statement :)

s'aright

Portal Thieves...

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 13:23:11

At 2/21/02 12:29 AM, TomFulp wrote: A user uploaded a hamster movie that was so funny we immediately stuck it on the frontpage. It turned out to be stolen of course...

(" - NEWGround2014

In related news, we have updated the Portal FAQ to cover some of the more recent changes. Expect some more updates on the way in the near future.

U should do it, thieving is bad as we all know :)

By the way thanks for writing back tom! and thx for acknowledging my achievement:)

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 13:26:50

Yo Tom got a question for ya!

When will the new Pico game be on Newsground??? I'm (and with me millions of others) are waiting for it for ages!!! Pico rulez you know!!
Anywayz, keep it up!!

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 13:26:58

At 2/21/02 12:29 AM, TomFulp wrote: I asked myself, "What would Jesus do?"

Dude, you KNOW that Jesus would have fell from the heavens and delivered a flaming dropkick to the bastard's skull, right?

Portal Thieves...

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 14:17:43

I watched the movie too before it was taken off and I actually didn't like it too much. It's true that it said that he spend alot of time making that so I think this guy should be banned.

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 14:24:10

At 2/21/02 12:29 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:
At 2/21/02 11:10 AM, arrogancy wrote:

Bye the way Dingledick, I've seen your work and writte nsome reviews for it and...well I think my reviews speak for themselves. And I assume from your work, that you have nothing pertinent nor intelligent to say so just FUCK OFF please.

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 14:26:58

At 2/21/02 03:05 AM, nrchymstr wrote: I saw the movie while it was up......I LOVED IT!! I was floored I was laughing so hard. I realize it was stolen, but does anyone know where it was stolen from? I really want to know, I want to see it again! Someones got to know where its from......

here you go

http://www.nationallampoon.com/MoDstyles/newsflash/main/nf_hamster.asp

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 14:33:23

Hmm...I've seen to have sparked anger and resentment among the schmucks here on this post because of my...secular beliefs an statements. If I offended anyone, I'm sorry but this is AMERICA you fools! I can believe in anything I want! Sre you don't have to agree with me, but yo have your own beliefs, dogma, and customs and conversley I have the right to gainsay them all.

Altohugh after 9/11, we have been subtly limited in what we can say since it's either America or the highway...which I think is Afghanistan. It's like the tohught polic has mainfested itself, right smack dab outta "1984" by George Orwell, and has us Americans under control. Big Brother is in the house. He always has been, but now his presence is of grander maginutde.

And to answer some religious zealot's queries about "We'll how the fuck did we get here if there is no God?" We'll, not that I'm an etreme Darwinist but ever hear of the concept of Evolution...well I gotta go...

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 16:10:22

Hey! Give the guy a break. Sure, he stole it, but he admited it! Now to me that doesn't sound likeyour average NG material stealer, it sounds like a guy who is genuinely sorry. HE could have just gone on deceiving us and never admitted it and we'd be none the wiser. Don't slate him because you found out he stole it, his honesty meant you found out.

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 17:13:31

(" - NEWGround2014

I think that you shouldn't have given another chance but since you did you should go check out sling shot thats stolen from www.sikids.com!!!! And I think you should make a tutorial page from all the tutorials that have been posted and then maybe all the n00bies at flash will be able to make better things that don't suck ass ( just a thought I had).
-Bucci

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 17:27:14

just ban the fucka
and ne other thieves

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 18:39:54

(" - NEWGround2014

Damn you people wanna know another reason why Tom Often Bans people.

Fact 1:
Some Ip address can also be banned who haven't done anything and the whole county or even town could not visit newgrounds sometimes it can be a whole state.....
It's sad but true this is one thing that could happen depending on the person you ban. I know because I had a site up once which I BANNED a couple people and I got email from people who said that they couldn't get on my site.

Ashame my site is dead and for good....
I don't have enough time to play around on the computer anyways....

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 19:02:32

I say delete all of his stuff. It sounds like he only came forward so he had the possiability of tom being nice and having some mercy on his soul. I say purge his account and delete ALL of his movies.

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 20:01:27

At 2/21/02 06:14 PM, NEWGround2014 wrote:
At 2/21/02 12:32 AM, MountainDewClock wrote: for those who dont know...thats crapclock, if i remember his sn correctly.
no I'm not you dumbass

SHUT THE FUCK UP NEWGROUND!!!!! I WANT YOU BANNED SO FUCKING BAD!!!!!!! I WILL FIND ANY LITTLE THING YOU DO AND REPORT EVERY LITTLE INCIDENT TO TOM! I HATE YOU! I WANT YOU TO DIE YOU LITTLE TWIT! God damn, I will make sure you get banned. Just you wait, I'm watching you like a hawk.

Response to Portal Thieves... 2002-02-21 20:09:34

SHUT THE FUCK UP NEWGROUND!!!!! I WANT YOU BANNED SO FUCKING BAD!!!!!!! I WILL FIND ANY LITTLE THING YOU DO AND REPORT EVERY LITTLE INCIDENT TO TOM! I HATE YOU! I WANT YOU TO DIE YOU LITTLE TWIT! God damn, I will make sure you get banned. Just you wait, I'm watching you like a hawk.

Well then why don't you tell him about the sling shot movie newground stole!!!!
-Bucci