00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ChanningDC just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Got some momentum!

3,782 Views | 31 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 02:24:26

Believe it or not, I have been working hardcore on a bunch of projects, so expect some fun stuff in the near future! In the meantime, check out Al Quaidamon - a new game by Zeebarf and I! This one was actually thrown together within two days, because the story was relatively fresh and we wanted to blast it out quick.

I have another game that I expect to launch within the next week. I started it months ago, then gave up for a while, but recently picked it back up. It is the mysterious Neo Geo game remake that I have talked about off and on over the past few months. I've kept its identity a secret this long, so I guess I'll hold off even longer. Word is slowly spreading, though. If you are expecting Metal Slug or King of Fighters, you're in for a disappointment. I do plan to take on MUTATION NATION, though - I know Jose will like that one. :)

I really gotta put together a Neo Geo tribute page... Anyone who has read the NG History page should know about our origins, and how the original name, "New Ground" is synonymous with "Neo Geo". Brush up on your history!

I have some other games in the works, including a few more with SYNJ and a fun game with Mr. Mockery. I know what you're thinking now - "Where's Pico 2?" We're working on it! I am even considering releasing it as a serial adventure - in three parts where users can save their progress and continue when the next installment is released. I'll decide on that one later.

Other Flash fanatics have some amazing games in the works as well! You should take a look at this teaser for an advanced version of Monopoly, created entirely in Flash. I have been play testing their current version, and it is intense! It is still a few months away, but it will be worth the wait.

If you can't wait for all these great games, don't worry! There is plenty of stuff here on NG to play now! Remember, if you can't find something you like, stop complaining and GO MAKE SOMETHING!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 02:36:40

I have some other games in the works, including a few more with SYNJ and a fun game with Mr. Mockery.

Tom, inviting me over to your house and slipping a "micky" into my drink doesn't qualify as "working on a fun game with Mr. Mockery". Man, my ass is sore...

-Mr. Mockery
www.I-Mockery.com

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 02:39:14

At 2/1/02 02:24 AM, TomFulp wrote: Believe it or not, I have been working hardcore on a bunch of projects, so expect some fun stuff in the near future!

Sweet.

Got some momentum!

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 02:47:18

Al Quadamon Rules!!!

All these new and excellent pieces of flash are blowing my mind.

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 03:49:12

I'm thinking, where's Pico 2?

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 04:04:30

At 2/1/02 03:49 AM, OrangeClock wrote: I'm thinking, where's Pico 2?

Up your butt and round the corner. Like your profile says.

Got some momentum!

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 04:04:39

I love the Al Quaidamon flick! And I can't wait for all hthe other games to come out, especially Pico 2! Newgrounds and Zeebarf always seem to make a fabulous team! Keep up the good work!

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 06:52:09

Al Quadamon is an entrée but we are still wating for the souper et plat de résistance: Pico 2 ^_^

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 09:29:21

I can't wait for Pico 2 to come out. Keep up the good work Fulp!

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 09:56:00

At 2/1/02 02:24 AM, TomFulp wrote: Believe it or not, I have been working hardcore on a bunch of projects, so expect some fun stuff in the near future! In the meantime, check out Al Quaidamon - a new game by Zeebarf and I! This one was actually thrown together within two days, because the story was relatively fresh and we wanted to blast it out quick.

I have another game that I expect to launch within the next week. I started it months ago, then gave up for a while, but recently picked it back up. It is the mysterious Neo Geo game remake that I have talked about off and on over the past few months. I've kept its identity a secret this long, so I guess I'll hold off even longer. Word is slowly spreading, though. If you are expecting Metal Slug or King of Fighters, you're in for a disappointment. I do plan to take on MUTATION NATION, though - I know Jose will like that one. :)

I really gotta put together a Neo Geo tribute page... Anyone who has read the NG History page should know about our origins, and how the original name, "New Ground" is synonymous with "Neo Geo". Brush up on your history!

I have some other games in the works, including a few more with SYNJ and a fun game with Mr. Mockery. I know what you're thinking now - "Where's Pico 2?" We're working on it! I am even considering releasing it as a serial adventure - in three parts where users can save their progress and continue when the next installment is released. I'll decide on that one later.

Other Flash fanatics have some amazing games in the works as well! You should take a look at this teaser for an advanced version of Monopoly, created entirely in Flash. I have been play testing their current version, and it is intense! It is still a few months away, but it will be worth the wait.

If you can't wait for all these great games, don't worry! There is plenty of stuff here on NG to play now! Remember, if you can't find something you like, stop complaining and GO MAKE SOMETHING!

hey tom I like the save feature idea for pico 2 that would be sweet I'm relly enjoying your new game
Good luck with you future games btw I have never played the neo geo is it good tom?

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 12:26:56

You know the american taliban his sister is in my class oh yea and i have been hooked on sprite comics if you want some send me your e mail at the_dark_night66@hotmail.com

Got some momentum!

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 12:37:25

At 2/1/02 09:56 AM, fire wrote: hey tom I like the save feature idea for pico 2 that would be sweet I'm relly enjoying your new game
Good luck with you future games btw I have never played the neo geo is it good tom?

ahaha, i have more Gold than YOU!

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 12:51:33

At 2/1/02 02:24 AM, TomFulp wrote: Believe it or not, I have been working hardcore on a bunch of projects, so expect some fun stuff in the near future! In the meantime, check out Al Quaidamon - a new game by Zeebarf and I! This one was actually thrown together within two days, because the story was relatively fresh and we wanted to blast it out quick.

It was nice and had some excellent graphics by the way :))

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 13:40:44

Thats pretty weird 'coz i just read that N.G history page yesterday after I saw it in the literature section..... god....Im freaked out at how ironic that is.

LOL I also saw your inspiration for club-a-seal,you must be mentally scarred lol

OVER AND OUT!

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 15:21:56

Oh & why is Pokecreations still here?
I know he has contributed alot to this site in terms of content but what that guy did was inexcusable & ILLEGAL!

OVER AND OUT!

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 16:01:31

I cant believe you brought back that tune that plays at the portal page. Now I have ta hear it on the home page. Nah sorry not I. Enough is enough. Besides this site being the slowest on the net, people whineing and crying like an 8 year old, Wade and his commie censorship views I now have too listen to that tune. No way in hell. Did I mention how slow the site is, funny how cable and a computer so supped up I could drive it to work doesnt help. Keep letting yer friends build yer servers for ya and your site will soon have the stock value of ENRON. Maybe I will return one day when I have forgotten just how that tune goes or the site isnt as slow as a 90 year old driver.

P.S. Say Wade have ya gotten your card for the communistic party yet? Juat go down to the town hall and tell em Yuri sent ya.

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 18:29:24

Uhhh about al quada mon why in the world would you think of a john walker version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know most of us hate him (and that gose without saying) But i am in the same class as his sister just kinda seems mean to his parents and his family but im not bitchin about it im just telling you go ahead make it if you do or dont i won't think any less of newgrounds or newgrouns creator

Got some momentum!

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-01 23:56:24

At 2/1/02 05:03 PM, jaytrixer wrote: Tom, dont you think all of your concentration should be on pico? because public interest will run short by the time its finished

Hmmm...

I don't really think that puvlic interest will die just like that considering how long it's been on the cards for.

I'd agree it's definitely more important for the final game to be as good as possible rather than being rushed just for the sake of getting it out.

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-02 02:45:57

I loved that game on Neo-Geo back in the day... I beat both of them... (not sure if there was ever a 3rd... but I never played it)...

I'm willing to be alot of the younger NG audience has no idea about that old gem of a game...

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-02 03:10:30

Finally!!! I thought you had abandoned that project since you first mentioned it all those months ago (this was right before the site redesign I remember)
Cool to know it's still alive and on it's way!

Wow, and I thought I had a busy schedule in between updating my site, making games, and doing artwork for a Flash remake of Star Fox.

Heheheh, that struck a chord with me! I think you all will be pleasantly surprised when I begin submitting my current projects to the Portal when they're finished :)

I was never really here.

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-02 12:39:13

yo i need more shot i got no points

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-02 13:21:58

all u guys expect my very first flash cartoon soon-Skate wars.

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-02 16:13:20

um post in Anime Girls and Anime Girls v2.0
and um ya.

Got some momentum!

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-02 21:56:26

Totally unrelated, but get rid of the goddamn music on the front page. It's annoying, and I bet by killing it the site will load a bit faster.

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-02 23:27:41

Speaking of Metal Slug...does anyone know where I can get a ROM for the original Metal Slug on the Neo-Geo? I can't find a working one anywhere! If you find it anywhere, just e-mail me a link to the site, or if you wanna make my life a shit load easier, just send me the file(s)! My e-mail is Dude61088@aol.com, or xvadamvx@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-03 00:37:34

better hurry up on pico tom , it looks like people are beggining to like sonic and mario way more than pico in the polls =)
everyone smoke a fat chronic bowl for tom and his talent!

Mario 29.31% (10,641 votes)
Mickey Mouse 10.13% (3,677 votes)
Pico 28.00% (10,167 votes)
Sonic 32.56% (11,821 votes)
36,306 votes cast since poll began on 11/30/01 05:38 AM.
om

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-03 22:19:06

heya,just glad yah brought back the music on the homepage,and about time

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-04 16:03:03

As much as I'm excited about the new Pico, I don't like the new way he looks. I've had a problem with it since the first time I saw it but couldn't put my finger on it. I like the way Jose draws, I mean yeah, he's great. But there was something wrong with Pico. Then, last night I was watching a movie and it hit me, his hair makes him look like the little kid from "Gummo". Anyway, it doesn't really matter. But, maybe something to consider.

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-04 17:07:40

as far as splitting pico 2 up into different parts, as long as you released them all at once I think it'd be cool, that way if we finish the first part we don't have to wait for the next some more. splitting it up might help with load time and stuff I guess (I'm about as flash illiterate as that guy that wrote the magazine article that tom put up on here a few days ago). to prevent people from playing the later parts before they play the previous ones you could include a password feature for each section. and anyone that posts passwords on the boards or anything so others can cheat should get banned! or something like that.. cause it's like spoiling the end of a movie. and the passwords could work to bring items you collected in previous parts into the next part... ya know, have items that aren't necessary but could help later in the game to get secret areas or weapons.. for example just finishing the first level with only the minimum requred stuff would result in a password like f84aw9f2, while finishing the first level after finding some secret stuff would result in a password like 34kehy9i. you get the idea I hope. as far as the music on the front page, (it seems like a few people are complaining about it) I think instead of the current music you have up there you should put up that techno remix of the pico theme you had on here for download however many years ago it was. I still have it and I still listen to it cause it's really cool. keep up the good work tom.

Response to Got some momentum! 2002-02-04 17:26:58

cool