00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blacktree4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

04/03/01: Taxes

1,220 Views | 6 Replies

04/03/01: Taxes 2001-04-03 13:41:34

Change of pace... your comments? Rant about taxes, doing them, or why we have them.

My dad (an accountant) helps me with my taxes, so usually I'm not anywhere near this frustrated ;)

04/03/01: Taxes

Quote of the day: @Nysssa "What is the word I want to use here?" @freakapotimus "Taint".

Response to 04/03/01: Taxes 2001-04-03 16:28:26

At 4/3/01 01:41 PM, Freakapotimus wrote: Change of pace... your comments? Rant about taxes, doing them, or why we have them.

My dad (an accountant) helps me with my taxes, so usually I'm not anywhere near this frustrated ;)

All I have to say is that no matter how much taxes we pay, people will always want them lower. America already has some of the lowest taxes in the world, but we will never be satisfied with what we have.

Response to 04/03/01: Taxes 2001-04-03 16:29:47

At 4/3/01 01:41 PM, Freakapotimus wrote: Change of pace... your comments? Rant about taxes, doing them, or why we have them.

I did my taxes a while ago, too bad I am getting a shitty return. ($48)

What bothers me is that I pay taxes on the money the Army pays me, which is ridiculous. They take taxes out of my pay that came from the same taxes. An analogy: I have a thermos of coffee, I pour you a cup of your own, and then I pour some of the coffee I gave you back into my thermos, does that make sense?

Response to 04/03/01: Taxes 2001-04-04 10:05:53

At 4/3/01 04:29 PM, Perdix wrote: What bothers me is that I pay taxes on the money the Army pays me, which is ridiculous. They take taxes out of my pay that came from the same taxes. An analogy: I have a thermos of coffee, I pour you a cup of your own, and then I pour some of the coffee I gave you back into my thermos, does that make sense?

I know what you mean. I have a gov't job, and I got into a discussion about this with my BF. So by taking taxes out of my paycheck, am I in effect paying my salary for next year?

I also figured out that for my career choice (webmaster), I am making half of what I should be, compared to others in my area. Grrr...

Quote of the day: @Nysssa "What is the word I want to use here?" @freakapotimus "Taint".

Response to 04/03/01: Taxes 2001-04-06 08:10:45

At 4/3/01 04:28 PM, mysdaao wrote:

All I have to say is that no matter how much taxes we pay, people will always want them lower. America already has some of the lowest taxes in the world, but we will never be satisfied with what we have.

Of course they want them lower, I want them lower, you should want them lower. Lower = more money. Everyone wants more money.

Response to 04/03/01: Taxes 2001-04-06 09:30:33

At 4/6/01 08:10 AM, Mos wrote:
At 4/3/01 04:28 PM, mysdaao wrote:

Of course they want them lower, I want them lower, you should want them lower. Lower = more money. Everyone wants more money.

But when people are always wanting and always expecting more money without actually doing anything to earn it, that's called greed.

Response to 04/03/01: Taxes 2001-04-07 11:29:24

At 4/6/01 08:10 AM, Mos wrote: Of course they want them lower, I want them lower, you should want them lower. Lower = more money. Everyone wants more money.

I don't really have a problem with paying taxes, I just have a problem with how the money is spent.