00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ChanningDC just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Merchandise!

3,973 Views | 38 Replies
Respond to this Topic

New Merchandise! 2002-01-15 13:33:45

Hey Newgrounds fans! Valentines Day is right around the corner! Have you bought that special someone something nice for the big day? If not, be sure to check out the new Valentine's Day merchandise available from our online store! There is also a cool new Newgrounds hooded ash grey sweat shirt available!

Also be sure to check out some of the new Clock Crew movies we have featured in the Clock Crew Collection! Again, we will be cracking down on those users who are flooding the Portal with crappy Flash movies, writing nasty reviews, etc.

Also I have just put together a series page for BEEBO the cat! If you haven't seen Beebo yet, you must check it out!

We will also be on the watch for cool Valentine's Day related Flash to add to our upcoming Valentine's Day collection!

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-15 13:52:09

oooOOOOOooo ... I'm gonna buy da hoodie!... I always wanted a NG hoodie!

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-15 13:55:28

I just hope than'll get a "special someone" for valentine day... So i'll buy her a super gift!: a baby-shirt of newgrounds....mmmmmm

MMM -a newgrounds girl- MMM

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-15 14:59:14

At 1/15/02 01:33 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Hey Newgrounds fans! Valentines Day is right around the corner! Have you bought that special someone something nice for the big day? If not, be sure to check out the new Valentine's Day merchandise available from our online store! There is also a cool new Newgrounds hooded ash grey sweat shirt available!

Also be sure to check out some of the new Clock Crew movies we have featured in the Clock Crew Collection! Again, we will be cracking down on those users who are flooding the Portal with crappy Flash movies, writing nasty reviews, etc.

Also I have just put together a series page for BEEBO the cat! If you haven't seen Beebo yet, you must check it out!

We will also be on the watch for cool Valentine's Day related Flash to add to our upcoming Valentine's Day collection!

Beebo is great!

Newgrounds is a website for 13 year olds who cannot understand the difference between "there", "their" and "they´re".

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-15 15:56:29

Thanks a bunch for the series page. Hurray for Beebo, boo for communism!

New Merchandise!

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-15 15:58:39

How about a priest's head on a platter? Give the gift of life and keep the TRUE spirit of Valentine's day. :D:D:D

New Merchandise!

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-15 17:58:50

"Again, we will be cracking down on those users who are flooding the Portal with crappy Flash movies, writing nasty reviews, etc."

What nasty reviews exactly r u talking about?

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-15 18:57:46

At 1/15/02 01:33 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

Hmm.. I think that would be real stylish

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-15 23:27:13

i think that knottsberry clock is the best clock, his movies are actually funny, where as the others gain humour through crapness

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 00:47:16

At 1/15/02 05:58 PM, 1DiL wrote: "Again, we will be cracking down on those users who are flooding the Portal with crappy Flash movies, writing nasty reviews, etc."

Reviews that look like this....

Thanks for voting, ki1o!
Your vote was worth 6.69 votes. The more experience points you have, the more your vote is worth!
You gave this entry a 0, lowering its score to 3.07!
By voting on this entry, you received 2 experience points.
Vote on 4 more items and you can record the experience to your account...

BTW Wade, can you put up one of Apple Clock's movies? I've seen one that is actually decent.

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 01:28:14

In your Online store clothing is all white.
i see only few that wear white hooded sweaters,
mainly girls.
a lot of people are wearing black.
If you had black, more people would probably buy from the newgrounds store.

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 02:35:48

Also be sure to check out some of the new Clock Crew movies we have featured in the Clock Crew Collection! Again, we will be cracking down on those users who are flooding the Portal with crappy Flash movies...
Translation: Take a look at the clock crew stuff before we delete 90% of it! BWAHAHAHA!!!

New Merchandise!

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 06:39:37

At 1/16/02 12:47 AM, VicViper wrote:
At 1/15/02 05:58 PM, 1DiL wrote: "Again, we will be cracking down on those users who are flooding the Portal with crappy Flash movies, writing nasty reviews, etc."

Thanks for voting, ki1o!
Your vote was worth 6.69 votes. The more experience points you have, the more your vote is worth!

BTW Wade, can you put up one of Apple Clock's movies? I've seen one that is actually decent.

That review is indeed a nasty one :'(

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 08:34:11

At 1/16/02 12:47 AM, VicViper wrote:

Thanks for voting, ki1o!

What about reviews that look like this:

Give a one-line summary of your review (50 characters max).

Enter the body of your review below (4096 characters max). No HTML, please.

I also hate these:

SHIT!!!

SHIT!!!

I hope that the staff realise that whilst I myself am a critical bastard, I just take the overall to be a subjective thing (as is humour, and everything else for that metter).

I usually give my reasons, but I just happen to give most things a 3 or 4 because that's what I feel they are worth.

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 09:11:59

At 1/15/02 05:58 PM, 1DiL wrote:
"Again, we will be cracking down on those users who are flooding the Portal with crappy Flash movies, writing nasty reviews, etc."

Well, before we start we will revise the Portal rules. Basically if you write a review, it should point out the good and bad aspects of a Flash movie or game. Anything else is unacceptable. There is no need to personally insult anyone. As far as users who are spamming the portal, and making people angry, we will be going after them, so hopefully the users won't feel the need to chime in with insults.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 09:14:27

At 1/16/02 01:28 AM, VeryCoolCat wrote: In your Online store clothing is all white.
i see only few that wear white hooded sweaters,
mainly girls.
a lot of people are wearing black.
If you had black, more people would probably buy from the newgrounds store.

The hooded sweat shirt should be ash grey, not white. We use CafePress as our online merchandise provider, and at this time they don't offer any other colors in a convenient fashion. If they offered black, you can be sure we'd jump on the chance to offer it. We are looking into other manufactures to provide at least black and other dark colored T-shirts.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 09:56:46

At 1/16/02 09:11 AM, WadeFulp wrote:
At 1/15/02 05:58 PM, 1DiL wrote:

Well, before we start we will revise the Portal rules. Basically if you write a review, it should point out the good and bad aspects of a Flash movie or game. Anything else is unacceptable. There is no need to personally insult anyone. As far as users who are spamming the portal, and making people angry, we will be going after them, so hopefully the users won't feel the need to chime in with insults.

Just wondering how are you going to check all those reviews? I mean, there are tons of reviews that are bad. Yeah, you can delete some of my reviews. I think some of them are violating the new rules. Also, what about movies that insult other people on Newgrounds?

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 10:48:51

When I write a review I let the ratings for graphics etc... do the talking while I write my 'personal' bits. I know I've written alot of reviews that don't comment on the movie what-so-ever but the ratings are all there. That shows what they can improve on. I'm just a bit worried thats all... :S

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 12:22:37

Say, why not spend your time a litle more wiser by improving on cleaning out the garbage on this site and trying to get better advertisements rather than and endless stream of pop-ups. But no, you would rather respond to the endless amount of whinning, crying babys whom cant seem to get over the fact that bob21 thinks their movie is cat puke and should be served to Bin Laden. Go take your Commie censorship views, yer favorite fag mag, and a pistol and do us all a favor. Or better yet, Censor me. Why not start this Commie threat like a chinesse new year. (with a bang) Besides a direct threat of someones life, reviews should not be censored. You and all your Commie pals probally would like it if everyone got a 3, huh comrade?

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 12:59:22

thats bullsh^t, clock people vote their movies a ten on everything, what about those reviews, clocks vote their own movies high no matter what the quality, thats mostly why k1lo votes low on the clocks movies cause most need to be erased to clean the portal of sewage backup, i thought newgrounds would stay like this,free speech even with insults, but if it changes to the new rules then this place would be hypocritical

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 13:19:37

At 1/16/02 12:22 PM, VirginiaDare wrote: Say, why not spend your time a litle more wiser by improving on cleaning out the garbage on this site and trying to get better advertisements rather than and endless stream of pop-ups. But no, you would rather respond to the endless amount of whinning, crying babys whom cant seem to get over the fact that bob21 thinks their movie is cat puke and should be served to Bin Laden. Go take your Commie censorship views, yer favorite fag mag, and a pistol and do us all a favor. Or better yet, Censor me. Why not start this Commie threat like a chinesse new year. (with a bang) Besides a direct threat of someones life, reviews should not be censored. You and all your Commie pals probally would like it if everyone got a 3, huh comrade?

Commie censorship views? All we're saying is we don't think a respected Flash artist who submits a quality Flash movie should have to put up with some jack ass saying "You are a faggot ass sucker!" or whatever. Thsee rules aren't knew, we just haven't enforcement them before. Usually you only have a handful of people who are a problem. Like a user who has 200 reviews, and they all say "F U!". These are the people we are going after. If we want to clean up this site, and get better ads, it will start with putting a stop to the vulgar insults some users write to perfectly good movies. This will encourage more respected artists to submit to the site, without fear of being insulted and ripped to shreds. As far as ads, there are only so many you can get. We could take away all the pop-ups, but then we wouldn't be able to generate enough revenue to cover our hosting bill, and Newgrounds.com would disapear from the Internet. Is that what you want?

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 13:23:21

At 1/16/02 12:59 PM, 1DiL wrote: thats bullsh^t, clock people vote their movies a ten on everything, what about those reviews, clocks vote their own movies high no matter what the quality, thats mostly why k1lo votes low on the clocks movies cause most need to be erased to clean the portal of sewage backup, i thought newgrounds would stay like this,free speech even with insults, but if it changes to the new rules then this place would be hypocritical

In the USA we have freedom of speech, but you can't go up to someone and call them names. We have slander laws. People can say "This movie is horrible. There is no effort." but they shouldn't have the right to say "You are a cock sucking asshole!" etc. As far as the clocks, some clock movies are very good, but people like kil0 don't even watch them, and give them a 0 just because they are a clock. Something like that we probably wouldn't do anything about, because he's not insulting anyone, he's just voting it a 0 because he doesn't like it. However not all Clock movies are bad, so don't be prejudice.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 13:49:58

I bow to you Wade. Your words of Wisdom surpasses even Great Lord Buddha.

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 13:58:30

I've given my 12 cents on all the overreactions due to this concept in the original thread Tom started last week or whenever it was. Read my responses and maybe some of you folks who are freaking out will get a grip.
Logic does wonders.

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 15:26:56

At 1/16/02 01:23 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
In the USA we have freedom of speech, but you can't go up to someone and call them names. We have slander laws. People can say "This movie is horrible. There is no effort." but they shouldn't have the right to say "You are a cock sucking asshole!" etc.

So how do you define the line? Where is it that one review is violent but honest and another is excessively vulgar and unfounded? How do you define these boundaries? How do you validate your own judgements? Do you even have to validate them? And is the removal of one's membership really the best way of dealing with it? Maybe you should just fine the "offender" some xp or something. I hate all the crap that gets put up here as much as anyone (probably more so) and I have certainly had a good deal of fun ripping the stuff I thought sucked. But that is the cost of an open forum. One which I accept. I don't think I would have nearly as much fun if I am worrying about Big Brother looking over my shoulder. The authors have the ability to reply to their reviews and this seems to even the playing field to me. As for the mad F.U. ers of the portal, any author that gets bent out of shape about that stuff really needs to question the validity of those opinions. Chances are that F.U. boy is just some jerk kid who doesn't know crap, so why worry about him. In conclusion, please re-think this censorship stuff. Right now you have one of the only true democracies left in existence (perhaps the only one). Why spoil that just to cut down on the whining? And what if whining is part of the fun? As for slander laws, I say Fuck 'em!

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 15:46:10

ok, wade, it would still be hypocritical if you changed the reviewing format, thats why im on ng, to me its the most popular site on the web and with millions of viewers their will always be bad reviews, are you going to kill account after account for poor language or bad reviews, id leave it alone like it is, im on ng for that reason, and could you tell me what you will do about the reviews from the clock cliche crew where they vote high on the worst movies with the poorest quality but they vote high just because they r in a "crew", but thanks anyways for this site and ill stay on it no matter what change comes through, hopefully.

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 16:00:05

So how do you define the line?
Well, if you have 20-200 reviews that say nothing but "FUCK YOU!" that's a pretty clear line.

Where is it that one review is violent but honest and another is excessively vulgar and unfounded?
As long as the review is critizing the movie, but not insulting the author it's fine, but we arne't going to look at every review. However, if someone write enough insulting reviews, we may notice them.

How do you define these boundaries? How do you validate your own judgements?

It's a great idea, but it also might be the gist of "dark" users, who see every flaw, but i'm probably skeptamistic (note: either spelled wrong of not a word)
It's prbably stupid, but i also agree, they shouldn't say fuck you! every time, although, if one happens to make fun of certain individuals in a movie, one might be angry, is there a loophol in that?

Because in something like phychic steve, it's making fun of "slow" people, and do ppl have the right to say FU to that author, or was it a mistake....

I'm just asking, so don't take me as sarcastic or nothin....

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 16:35:28

At 1/16/02 03:50 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
I think you should question yourself because I think you are taking this WAY to seriously.

Exactly. Plus those people haven't uploaded a movie/game so how CAN they know how important/necessary it is to crack down on the F.U. reviewers. Not that they were actualy trying to understand what you were saying but they're no better than what they called you (comies, ect.) if they don't try and see all sides of the situation.
Don't let em get ta ya Wade. You guys are taking a great step in helping not only the artists but the overall quality of the site.
Just try and stay out of the art supplies draw and you'll do just fine :)...

New Merchandise!

At 1/16/09 06:14 AM, Jonas wrote:

: Altr remains the only reason the BBS is here. It waits for him to post, and cries when he ignores it's unlubed asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 16:35:58

I am in the works of creating a very high quality Clock movie, but some people will flame me and not even watch the movie. That is what bothers me.

I'll go through lots of time and trouble to make a good movie, just to have someone not watch it and say "You suck!" and vote zero. When that person will not even have nearly the same level of skill in flash, it kinda makes me mad. They don't have as much appreciation for the quality.

Response to New Merchandise! 2002-01-16 19:29:49

Please dont talk about valintines day very sad very painful.......:( IM LONELY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!