00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Scarss just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Book Club

87,674 Views | 1,136 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-03 15:53:12

eeek help frozen i cant reply in the british club because of 4 replies thing.

Damn I cant find fulpfan5, how did you find him FF? I put in fulpfan5 in author search but it just comes up with Tom Fulp's name.

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-03 15:57:00

At 11/3/04 03:53 PM, Tiger_Chick wrote: eeek help frozen i cant reply in the british club because of 4 replies thing.

Damn I cant find fulpfan5, how did you find him FF? I put in fulpfan5 in author search but it just comes up with Tom Fulp's name.

tut tut. Why not just wait half an hour? lol

just do a search for his posts then open up his profile. Click on the link to his reviews and voila you have an instant thing to get you up to bronze whistle......you might need to do some other peoples reviews aswell but Fulp fan is a start

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-03 16:11:51

Hey guys im back.Any of you done the Sorcery books?

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-04 14:23:30

At 11/3/04 04:11 PM, LordSkeletor wrote: Hey guys im back.Any of you done the Sorcery books?

Sorcery books? Cant say I have. Who is the author?

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-04 15:07:51

Its by the same guy eho does the Fighting fantasy.

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-04 15:09:08

At 11/4/04 03:07 PM, LordSkeletor wrote: Its by the same guy eho does the Fighting fantasy.

are they actually part of the figthing fantasy series or sepearte?

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-04 15:16:16

Seperate.Ah yes I have bought a new Pratchett novel called "Hogfather" the concept seem funny (from what ive read from the back) you read it?

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-05 05:54:07

At 11/3/04 03:40 PM, Frozen_Fox wrote: Anne McCaffrey....didnt she do the dragons of pern series.......I think ive got her books somewhere....havent read them but Ive got them somewhere.

Yes, she did write the Dragons of Pern, though I prefer her Sci Fi series, like the Tower and Hive sequence and the Talent series. (She uses a lot of Psionic talents, like telekenesis, in her writing, and I can't get enough of them.)

At 11/4/04 03:16 PM, LordSkeletor wrote: Ah yes I have bought a new Pratchett novel called "Hogfather" the concept seem funny (from what ive read from the back) you read it?

I have read Hogfather. I think it is one of Pratchett's best novels, with Death masquerading as the Hogfather (The Disc's equivalent of Santa) because someone has paid for the Assassin's guild of Ankh Morpork to kill off the Hogfather. The assassin, who goes by the name of 'te-ah-tim-eh' (Spelt Teatime) is hillarious

An excellent choice.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-05 11:50:53

Great im looking forward to reading it now.
Just as soon as I finish Mort,nearly finished,

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-05 15:38:26

At 11/5/04 11:50 AM, LordSkeletor wrote: Great im looking forward to reading it now.
Just as soon as I finish Mort,nearly finished,

How far have you got in it?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-05 15:44:04

Quite far im at the bit where death send him to do some reaping.

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-05 15:59:12

Has he asked for a day off work yet? That bit's quite fun. There are still a few good twists left in the story though.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-06 05:32:11

I'm currently plowing through my discworld collection and I've got as far as lords and ladies. Currently, Magrat thinks she's doing a good thing, by removing the iron from around this girl who got hit by an elf's arrow. Magrat just dismisses the whole iron thing as superstition.

These books rock. I'd better read them quick, so I can read my christmas stuff, when they reach me.

Gods I feel like a kid in a sweet shop

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-06 05:53:49

Hehe.And yes that bit is funny when he asked for the day off. :D

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-06 06:19:57

So what else is on your bookshelf?

I'll get round to telling you lot everything sooner or later, it's just a matter of time.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-06 06:46:42

Oh where to begin.......
Well I have several Pratchett novels,Darren Shan,The Lord Of The Ring Trilogy+The Hobbit of course,The Books by Phillip Pullman (Wrote The Sutible Knife etc.)Books by Snthony Horwitz (Stormbreaker etc.)The Edgewood chornical books and loads more but I cant be bothered getting up to look :D

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-06 13:56:59

At 11/6/04 06:19 AM, Coop83 wrote: So what else is on your bookshelf?

Try shelves.....errrrrr.eddings pratchet Douglas Adams.Grant NAylor, Raymond E feist, Tolkein, Asimov, Styephen King, Michael moorcock......and a hell of a lot more.

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-06 17:40:29

Okay, I guess it's my turn.

Pratchett, McCaffrey, Julian May, Isaac Asimov, Grant Naylor, Tolkien, Robert Rankin, David Gemmell, Star wars books, (Various) Larry Milne, (Ghostbusters) Peter F Hamilton and Wendy Northcult (Darwin Awards) to name but a few.

See also, the D&D books, Werewolf: the Apocalypse and Vampire: the Masquerade by White Wolf Game Studio.

So many words... so little time to read them all.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-07 15:21:55

At 11/6/04 05:40 PM, Coop83 wrote:
See also, the D&D books, Werewolf: the Apocalypse and Vampire: the Masquerade by White Wolf Game Studio.

You mean the story books or the actual Rules for the rolpelaying games?

So many words... so little time to read them all.

Indeed......and I have less time to do anything. Ive got mocks coming up and I need to actually work hard.............school sucks :-(

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-08 11:57:29

They are the rule books. I don't hold with the stories about them, because they never seem to work when I roleplay similar situations

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-08 16:50:01

Im back online, I've judt been playing some GTA:San Andreas its really good but I dont know about you guys.Anyways Im going to try a new book,Im just going to go to the library and pick one at random (making sure its not one of thouse childs books that are 6+) and read it. :D

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-09 06:30:26

Yes, I'm into San Andreas, but I am still making enough time to plough through Lords and Ladies by Pratchett. I'm just getting to the good bit when the fight between the elves and the witches has got going.

Magrat has just proved she's one of the good guys, because she has just shot an elf at close range, through a keyhole with a crossbow. How uncouth.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-09 07:39:18

Almost finished H2G2 by Adams and its got to me eventually, i struggled with it, the way it was written fucked my head up somewhat, but now im glad i read it. Im in the last few chapters about 50 pages left.

Hmm, on my bookshelf. Well im a Tolkien fanatic if you dont know, so most of his books are there.

LotR, (Fellowship, Two Towers, RotK)
The Silmarillion
The Hobbit
The Complete Tolkien Companion
Unfinished Tales
Farmer Giles of Ham
Leaf by Nigle
Some mixed books, with short stories and essays from Tolkien aswell.

Some books by Stephen King, quite alot aswell, some random books, a few quotations books, The most humourous quotes and the most insulting quotes, excellent reads by the way.

I dunno what books to get after i finish H2G2, any suggestions ?

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-09 13:26:50

Good selection there Crazy.And lol Frozen I saw your post to the 'Anti fag club' and yes you are right.Ah yes my random book,Its caled Silverwing by Kenneth Oppel and its about this young bat named Shade and his life its pretty good.

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-09 17:09:52

At 11/9/04 07:39 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: I dunno what books to get after i finish H2G2, any suggestions ?

If you like fantasy 'similar' to LotR, I suggest that you try the Drenai novels by David Gemmell (Legend is book 1) or the Dragons of Pern by Anne McCaffrey.

Julian May's Saga of the Exiles (The Many Coloured Land) is about a group of people sent back one million years into our world's past. Human evolution has taken a step forward, and these people have Psionic abilities to help them out. That is a collection of two series of novels. You can read them in either way, but I think if you read the second series first, you will understand the exiles better. (Particularly the enigmatic character, Marc Remillard)

Happy reading.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-10 13:01:27

At 11/9/04 05:09 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 11/9/04 07:39 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: I dunno what books to get after i finish H2G2, any suggestions ?
If you like fantasy 'similar' to LotR, I suggest that you try the Drenai novels by David Gemmell (Legend is book 1) or the Dragons of Pern by Anne McCaffrey.

If you like that sort of stuff you will like The Belgariad series of books by David Eddings or any of the books by Raynmond.E.Feist aswell.

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-10 19:21:08

To be honest guys, im not really looking for a series of books, but i will look into both of your suggestions. Any one off books to recomend instead, because i read all of it last night, now im done for reading until tommorow, no fucking bed time reading tonight, bugger...:(

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-10 19:26:12

Anybody here read Jude The Obscure by chance?

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-10 19:28:01

P.S. It is by Thomas Hardy

Response to The Book Club 2004-11-11 14:49:14

At 11/10/04 07:21 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: To be honest guys, im not really looking for a series of books, but i will look into both of your suggestions. Any one off books to recomend instead, because i read all of it last night, now im done for reading until tommorow, no fucking bed time reading tonight, bugger...:(

Okay then try this one on for size. Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.
According to the Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter - the world's only totally reliable guide to the future - the world will end on a Saturday.
Next Saturday, in fact. Just after tea...
Enjoy

At 11/10/04 07:26 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Anybody here read Jude The Obscure by chance?

No I haven't do extrapolate about the plot and maybe I'll give it a go.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature