00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

5th & 6th dimensions

4,088 Views | 76 Replies

5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:35:16

Right now we have the ability to move around in 4 dimensions. There's the 3 dimesions of space (up, down, front, back, left, right), and there's moving forward in time (and theoretically speaking, back in time). But how would one go about percieving a 5th dimension?

I tend to think about it in a logical manner. Think of a being that has no ability to move anywhere but backwards and forwards. This being doesn't have any left and right, or up and down. It can move only forward and back. How would you be able to describe the other 2 dimensions to it? Supposedly, it would be impossible without giving that experience to that being. I think of it the same way with our galaxy, except with time. We are like that being, except with a different dimension. There is probably moving up and down, left and right in time, except that doesn't make any sense to us since we can't experience it. There is no possible way to explain these other 2 dimenions to us.

I was just wondering about this since I was wondering about strings again, but I don't feel like talking about those in particular. They supposedly move around in 11 dimensions. You can get a general idea of 6 of the dimensions, and can have a very limited idea of another 3, and those don't necissarily mean another 3 dimesions at all. The only other kind of dimensions I could think of would be moving between them like in all those sci-fi movies, going to alternate realities. That's another 3, but that could also be considered as space movement.

So that leaves 5 other dimensions that are completely impossible to perceive, 2 that are highly limited, and only 4 that we can actually understand fully. How would you go about thinking of them.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:40:36

Hey, if you think about it, maybe depth is the third dimension.

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:42:20

We live in 3 and a half dimensions currently. Once time travel is created (if it is even created) then we will still live in 3 dimensions and a half dimensions, however, for a brief period of time, we will be in 4 dimensions. Actually, come to think of it. We would still be in 3 dimensions because it is impossible to go forward and back in time at the same time.

The 5th dimension would be the ability to go through objects such as the paranormal.

My guess as to the 6th dimension would be the ability to create matter.

Supposedly there are 11 dimensions, however, anything past the 5th dimension is undescribable mainly due to the fact that we don't know exactly what it would be like. One can only guess and imagine.

Many theologists (including Christian ones) say that if there is a god, then he operates in only 6 dimensions. This means that there could actually be greater beings like in the game Black and White.

Deep.

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:43:53

At 10/10/04 11:40 PM, El_Toro_Loco wrote: Hey, if you think about it, maybe depth is the third dimension.

No. Depth is one entire dimension.

Width=left and right. Height=up and down. Depth=forward and back.

We operate in 3 and a half dimensions. The half dimension is forward in time.

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:46:01

.....hmmmmm....ummmm......hmmmmmmmmmm.....dang, I'm lost. Out of fear of sounding retarded, I'll just say in theory and walk away.

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:46:55

Sometimes i've liked to imgagine if there were a 5th dimentional space that time would run in 2 directions and noy just one in our world. The way you adn I know time is only forward from back but in a 5th dimensional world I would have thought in addition to forward and back there is a second time that goes left from right. This may be something we cant understand but this is the best explanation i have for a theory.

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:49:03

At 10/10/04 11:42 PM, Crimson_Edge wrote: Many theologists (including Christian ones) say that if there is a god, then he operates in only 6 dimensions. This means that there could actually be greater beings like in the game Black and White.

That game was sweet! until it got boring after 20 seconds :S

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:49:35

Well you know how sometimes in math they say you can only travel in positive distance and if you figured out how to do negative distance you'd become the most powerful person ever. Well think about this. What if a hole in the dimension happened I mean just like A hole opned up and everything was sucked into it. like into nothingness like a black hole : / this stuff is killing my mind.

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:49:57

At 10/10/04 11:35 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: Bunch Of Stuff...

*Scratches head*
You just gave me a headache, I'm going to go take an Tylenol.

/b/

BBS Signature

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:50:33

At 10/10/04 11:42 PM, Crimson_Edge wrote:
We live in 3 and a half dimensions currently. Once time travel is created (if it is even created) then we will still live in 3 dimensions and a half dimensions, however, for a brief period of time, we will be in 4 dimensions. Actually, come to think of it. We would still be in 3 dimensions because it is impossible to go forward and back in time at the same time.

Come to think of it, that is true, except you should probably consider time to be it's own dimension, even if it is only moving forward. The reasoning is that all the space-movement dimesions are all dependent in which direction you're moving in. Moving backwards in time would just be another direction of the forward-back movement, so it's still another whole dimension.

The 5th dimension would be the ability to go through objects such as the paranormal.

That's still just space-movement.

My guess as to the 6th dimension would be the ability to create matter.

That's not really a dimension.

Many theologists (including Christian ones) say that if there is a god, then he operates in only 6 dimensions. This means that there could actually be greater beings like in the game Black and White.

Well, Christianity is nothing but philosophy anyway, so that doesn't really matter.

BBS Signature

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:51:36

At 10/10/04 11:43 PM, Crimson_Edge wrote:
At 10/10/04 11:40 PM, El_Toro_Loco wrote: Hey, if you think about it, maybe depth is the third dimension.
No. Depth is one entire dimension.

Yeah, but maybe depth is the third dimension.

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:52:40

Read Stephen Hawking's "The Universe in a Nutshell," you aren't going to find many Quantum theorists on NG who can contribute their ideas on string theory.

Also, read some excerpts on Fluid Time Theory.

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:53:50

At 10/10/04 11:42 PM, Crimson_Edge wrote:

Deep.

if we don't even know what the fucking 6th dimesion is, how can we say god "operates" in it?

BBS Signature

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:54:12

can you imagine living in only 2D? we would see each other as flat shapes or lines. There would be no angles sharp enough to create shadowgetting around each other would be tough, seeing as our world would only be 2 dementions, and if we tried to take a step in a third in order to make room, we could fall off.

It would be like living in a cartoon.

Breast Cancer Awareness month is over...stop squeezing random boobies. :(

BBS Signature

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:54:41

what about anti-dimensions, like there's such things as anti-matter?

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:56:00

At 10/10/04 11:52 PM, Jujube_Lock wrote:
Read Stephen Hawking's "The Universe in a Nutshell," you aren't going to find many Quantum theorists on NG who can contribute their ideas on string theory.

Which is why I decided not to go into that. I did already know that there would be plenty of "I don't get it." posts, though. I've also been meaning to get a copy of that book.

Also, read some excerpts on Fluid Time Theory.

K.

BBS Signature

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:57:59

At 10/10/04 11:54 PM, Morextremist wrote: what about anti-dimensions, like there's such things as anti-matter?

Anti-measurement/Anti-physical property makes sense to me :roll eyes:

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-10 23:58:39

At 10/10/04 11:54 PM, Nephthys wrote:
At 10/10/04 11:51 PM, El_Toro_Loco wrote: Yeah, but maybe depth is the third dimension.
I explored your mother's third dimension last night. :o

No man, listen to me. Don't get into this. I've looking into the third dimension, and it's no less than looking into the eyes of God himself.

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-11 00:00:19

I know what they are!

1: Height
2: Width
3: Depth
4: Time
5: Control

We live in the 4th dimension. When we go to the 5th, we can control time and the other dimensions.

I GOT BLOOD ON MY HANDS AND THERE'S NO REMORSE I GOT BLOOD ON MY DICK CUZ I FUCKED A CORPSE

BBS Signature

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-11 00:04:15

At 10/11/04 12:02 AM, Nephthys wrote: That's what she said. Twice.

Then I told her to stop looking down because I can't perform when I'm being watched.

So, from what you're saying, I've gathered that the third dimension is either time or the clitoris.

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-11 00:08:54

Do you mean like moving left and right through time?

BBS Signature

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-11 00:11:21

At 10/11/04 12:08 AM, da_pope wrote:
Do you mean like moving left and right through time?

And up and down. Doesn't quite make any sense to us, does it?

BBS Signature

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-11 00:11:29

At 10/11/04 12:08 AM, da_pope wrote: Do you mean like moving left and right through time?

I don't know how someone would move left and right in space-time, especially if it was fluid.

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-11 00:12:41

At 10/11/04 12:10 AM, Nephthys wrote: It's depth and may I tell you she's not lacking in that department. You could fit like... two whole heads in there. I know it from empirical research.

Question

n00b?

Answer

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-11 00:15:24

At 10/11/04 12:11 AM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: And up and down. Doesn't quite make any sense to us, does it?

I think if you managed to move left and right or up and down you wouldn't see the future you'd be seeing another possible future... But then what if you were moving back in time and went left, right, up or down? Would you see another past... and would that effect the future?

BBS Signature

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-11 00:16:33

At 10/11/04 12:11 AM, Jujube_Lock wrote:
At 10/11/04 12:08 AM, da_pope wrote: Do you mean like moving left and right through time?
I don't know how someone would move left and right in space-time, especially if it was fluid.

Simple, 2 and 3 directions of time could be possible in theory but it would be our comprehension on how we could exisit in such a world. but its Like anything thats discussed here that cant be comprehended because we only live in this world whether you want to call it 3rd dimentional or 4th dimensional (with time) anything else is just speculation and nothing more.

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-11 00:18:39

uh-oh, mind bender

what happens if you move diagonally through time?

BBS Signature

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-11 00:18:52

I read that scientists have scientifically proved mathematically (OMG nrain crap) that there are eleven dimensions

now heres one for you

TYR to picture another primary color one you cannot mix to get.

these two factors prove that we cannot imagine anything without some sort of experience. Weird I HATE LIFE SO FUCKEN CONFUSING

You could really go for a chocolate chip cookie right about now...

BBS Signature

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-11 00:19:38

At 10/11/04 12:15 AM, Nephthys wrote:
At 10/11/04 12:12 AM, El_Toro_Loco wrote: Question

n00b?
Answer
It's like a riddle, but less clever.

The post? Or the one who did the posting?

(P.S. This is just my Alt. account - explains why low post/level)

Response to 5th & 6th dimensions 2004-10-11 00:19:59

At 10/11/04 12:18 AM, Afro_Ninja wrote:
uh-oh, mind bender

what happens if you move diagonally through time?

Then you're combining two-three of the other dimensions of time movement.

Not much of a mind bender.

BBS Signature