00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Assassin Update

21,028 Views | 165 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 00:32:50

At 8/23/04 11:43 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Should we try to revive Assassin, or is it a mean-spirited relic of NGs past? There are lots of new, annoying celebrities who could use some abuse. Should we maintain that duty here at Newgrounds?

Most definately Tom! I've been coming to this site since 99 and Assassin was one of the biggest reasons for my doing so. It's that kind of blind, random hatred for all things sociable that's made NG the warm, fuzzy place that it is today. My only regret is that my skills in flash are at the level of the old entries into assassin, I dont know exactly when newground's collective expectations skyrocketed, but it sucks for amateur artists :(

However, I drift... assassin should definately be brought back, in a firey blaze of killing and shotguns and techno music and.... that furry thing..

yeah

~Joel

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 00:33:36

At 8/24/04 12:26 AM, _altr_ wrote:
Should we maintain that duty here at Newgrounds?
YES! Goddamn it. =)

A Stamperized Shotgun Man would look oh so pretty in there, I'm thinking ...

ALTR! Come home to #ngdrunks

LIFE MEANS NOTHING WITHOUT j00!

Dead.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 00:34:31

At 8/24/04 12:16 AM, TomFulp wrote:
I'll say this - if Assassin is revived, Shotgun Man will return in full glory. Shotgun man had been relegated to smaller and smaller part of the page, until I no longer knew what to do with him. Assassin needs a title logo that really shows him off.

If Assassin is revisited, it has to be a whole new breed... The old missions look like crap - we can't add more crap. We have to take it to a whole new level, an unimaginable level of quality.

Well, well....maybe this is something everyone (NG Users) can start focusing on as far as ideas for submissions! Not that there isn't a lot of random killing submitted daily, but most of it is in the way of sticks, not specific celebs. I wasn't quite here when Assassin was at its peak, but I know lots of people seem to miss it, thinking of it as "the good old NG days". Anyway, sounds like a cool project we can all help with...restore the older parts of NG by submitting fresh content for Assassin!

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 00:35:43

I dont want this to sound mean or anything but, that was the past and the flash that was done in the past is no longer "in" anymore. The toons, while mildly entertaining, are not up to the standards that are presented today. When they first came out, they were hits, but thats because nobody saw anything better than that, and then it got better and things progressed. Basically, there is little to no hope of an actual "revival" of OLD assassin movies, but there is hope for new ones, while STILL remembering the ones that brought them to that place. It would be a bad idea to say, pushing old assassin movies on the front place, but a good idea to a link or something on the front page saying "remember assassin!"

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 00:37:24

In the name of all that is good...

The Assassin must be renewed and re-loaded.

Let's face it, a shotgun just isn't enough anymore.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 00:45:35

At 8/23/04 11:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: What does everyone think? Should we try to revive Assassin, or is it a mean-spirited relic of NGs past? There are lots of new, annoying celebrities who could use some abuse. Should we maintain that duty here at Newgrounds?

First off, IT LOOKS GREAT, UPDATE MORE PAGES, PLZ!

Don't ever completely orphan any of the old stuff, Tom! It's part of the history of the place, and it's also part of NG's unique personality!

Ever play any of the Namco Museum collections on the consoles? NG should do something like that, perhaps a pico-guided tour through long-forgotten parts of NG like Cat Dynamics, Beep Me, Jesus!, Assassin, Club A Seal, etc.

Newgrounds should evolve, but it shouldn't cast aside it's past.

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 00:50:27

Man dude, you have to bring back the old assassin dude that stood up there with the rifle. That guy was so hardcore. I say bring him back and maybe anothe graphic next to the ASSASSIN sign, and then it will be good. I like the simplicity though. It just needs to be slightly more flashy.

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 00:58:16

Man . . . I remember back in the day when Assassin was still big. I may only have signed up recently, but I was around back then. That was actually the only part of the site I looked at back then.

Anyway, I say definitely revive if you want to! It'd be great! And there's always new, moronic celebrities on the scene to serve as fresh targets. Go for it!

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 00:59:42

revive the assassin... No I dont think its a great idea. I mean users will probably submit movies against people... just look at your a fucking moron. But since you are getting rid of all the adult banners and 18+ games, I dont see a reason why you should specifically bring back the assassin. Though, a mean flash every now an then couldn't hurt... = P

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 01:00:46

I like the new layout and still play the assasin games. As I recall it, I started coming to this website shortly before the popularity of the assasin missions really started to drop, but I liked 'em.
One thing though, you have Hanson under annoying women. Shouldn;t they be under annoying men?
Avenging Angel

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 01:01:58

What about the collections Tom?
I think there are alot more subjects that needs a collection.
Are you planning on more?

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 01:07:43

At 8/24/04 01:00 AM, tokenmormon wrote: One thing though, you have Hanson under annoying women. Shouldn;t they be under annoying men?

You obviously didn't get that joke.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 01:13:10

At 8/23/04 11:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: There are lots of new, annoying celebrities who could use some abuse. Should we maintain that duty here at Newgrounds?

Yes! Geez, I remember...I was in like what...was it the summer after fourth grade, when I heard about Assasin at a birthday party! Wow. Has it been 6 or 7 years already? I've pretty damn well grown up on NG! (Kinda scary if you think about it. Not a bad thing, IMHO. ;p )

I came for Assasin and stayed for Pico. Looking back, most of the early assassin missions were kinda low quality and pretty darn crappy compared to some of the amazing movies and games that make it to the front page and top the portal.

Definetely bring back Assassin. As time goes on, there are more and more stupid celebrities just asking for at least a good kick in the balls! And shotgun man. He was bad ass. But everyone else has already said that, and the song too was pretty cool. BTW, the face lift looks very clean and organized. I love this site!

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 01:15:10

The only thing that really bothered me about Assassin...the motto.

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you kill them!

It just...doesn't fit. Just my opinion, really. It was rather non-sensical, and while Assassin often embodied the non-sensical, it was a little bit of a refuge to me.

Not going to get all teary-eyed and emotional but perhaps you could hold a contest on NG to come up with a new up-to-date motto.

-Janus

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 01:22:36

I say bring it back, Assasin is what hooked me on NG initially back when the portal was a mere flyspeck...it'd be nice to have that come back.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 01:23:40

i myself like the idea of revival of the assassin section. my only wish is that you create a section to make the new games stand out. and please, for the love of god, dont make them go through judgement. i dont want to blam your work, tom. but im sure you have some power to avoid that whole, rather messy, process.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 01:28:06

What does everyone think? Should we try to revive Assassin, or is it a mean-spirited relic of NGs past? There are lots of new, annoying celebrities who could use some abuse. Should we maintain that duty here at Newgrounds?

By god yes keep it up and ressurected. I remember when all your page was Assassin-esque stuff with Backstreet Boys, Furby, Britney Spears, Pikachu etc. I'd love to see it redone

Would you could you eat dolphin from a can? I would not could not eat dolphin from a can. Not from a can, not in my tea, NOW CHICKEN OF THE SEA JUST LET ME BE!

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 01:49:57

I'd almost forgotten about Assassin. I havn't really visited it since before I registered, because it's been on the backburner for so long.

I'd love to see it revived.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 02:05:24

Oh my God, yes, please, bring back/enhance Assassin. And I agree with the guy who said to bring back the song on the front page of it.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 02:05:33

What happened to the theme song and the mascot (guy with rifle)???

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 02:06:55

I miss the music and assassin man. The page look is cool, but it's nothing without assassin man.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 02:11:38

What does everyone think? Should we try to revive Assassin, or is it a mean-spirited relic of NGs past? There are lots of new, annoying celebrities who could use some abuse. Should we maintain that duty here at Newgrounds?

Ah I remember the days of assassin. Fun times, but I think Newgrounds in general has moved past that. But then again I never thought blams and saves would work. I say, either have assassin as a main part of NG, or not at all :P

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 02:13:41

At 8/24/04 02:11 AM, Coheed_and_Cambria wrote: . I say, either have assassin as a main part of NG, or not at all :P

I didn't mean like, not at all as in it shouldnt esist, but Id hate for assassin to get hyped, and no one takes interest in it. Its like making a sequal to a really good movie, it always ruins it.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 02:15:10

I've thought Assassin has been left in the cold for a while. I'm glad it's getting attention again.
Maybe there'd be a way for users to submit Assassin-specific flashes instead of the Portal? Just an idea.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 02:18:27

Yes, please give Assassin a face-lift and a button to get to it. Assassin intially brought me here and NG should stay loyal to it's roots. I'll be looking forward to the update.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 02:31:13

the new look is awesome, i love how clean it is and how organized, definatly a huge improvement.

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 02:38:17

I remember my first ever visit to Newgrounds now...

It must have been sometime after late 1999. I remember playing Pico and thinking it was a cool little (over-violent) game. I remember the alien abduction thing and being wierded out by the probing bit in between the two missions. And of course, I remember Assassin. And I remember being kicked out of the school library for watching it with some friends.

Over the years I completely forgot about Newgrounds... until I got back into watching Flash Toons. Someone made me remember Newgrounds, and actually told me that most of the Internet's animators submitted there to reach a wider (normally less mature) audience. My exact remark was probably along the lines of "Bullshit. Newgrounds the last time I left it was the home of killing celebrities and school kids with assault rifles".

If that's the thing that *I* remembered most about Newgrounds, I'd personally be glad to see Assassin refurbished. I never really liked the thing to the point I'd rant and rave about it, and occasionally the humour gets a tad predictable and immature, but it's what made the Grounds what it is today. Which can be debated as a good or a bad thing...

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 02:43:55

Looks good, but there are a ton of celebrities that haven't been done yet.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 02:45:14

assasin was the first thing i saw when i came here.

update it a little better, with sound, the shotgun guy, etc... keep it all on one page though, i like that.

also- keep updating it with new celebrity killing games.

BBS Signature

Response to Assassin Update 2004-08-24 02:53:18

Cool! I got to see.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature