00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NormanCinno just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need help pokemon oc

76 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need help pokemon oc 2024-05-19 04:56:58

I've been struggling with how I wanna draw a anthropomorphic Pikachu for a series I wanna work on, (taking a break from skullbrotale since vol 1 is done)

And I'm trying to figure out, how I should do the hair.

I was thinking something like this, but idk.

iu_1206129_21321957.webp

Response to Need help pokemon oc 2024-05-19 09:17:08

That’s cute, I like it.

I know @whimsical-wife drew a Pikachu with hair for a collab comic, maybe she can weigh in.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Need help pokemon oc 2024-05-19 10:31:44

that hair looks fine to me, specially if you keep the ears.

Full size of signature's picture

BBS Signature

Response to Need help pokemon oc 2024-05-19 15:08:10

I find the hair nice ! If you're still unsure about it, try to do multiple hair styles & then compare which one you prefer. Since it's Pokémon, I guess you could take inspiration from anime & kemono characters ( if you want to keep the anime style ).

There are multiple kinds of anthro & many styles. For anatomy, I guess it could be summed up with the 3 examples in the middle, but again, there are many other kinds & styles.

iu_1206462_20047043.png

Created by かb on Pixiv.

For the features & colour palette, you can keep the original form or change it a bit, or completely. If you struggle with designing, you can be inspired by existing species or themes. Once you know on what you want your OC to be based on, the design should be easier to come with. For my Pokémon OC ( not a Pikachu though ), I got inspired by a Chinook salmon & a Ross Sea orca.

For the lore & personality, I cannot help you because I truly suck at that & I hate to be stuck with one story for my characters.

For the clothing & accessories, I personally think that there are no limits. But you can make a set of clothes that matches with the personality / design of your OC. If you don't feel like designing the clothes, you can always use existing ones & maybe change some details.

I think that's all. I hope I helped !

BBS Signature

Response to Need help pokemon oc 2024-05-19 23:24:48

At 5/19/24 03:08 PM, EucalyptusSoldier wrote: I find the hair nice ! If you're still unsure about it, try to do multiple hair styles & then compare which one you prefer. Since it's Pokémon, I guess you could take inspiration from anime & kemono characters ( if you want to keep the anime style ).

There are multiple kinds of anthro & many styles. For anatomy, I guess it could be summed up with the 3 examples in the middle, but again, there are many other kinds & styles.

For the features & colour palette, you can keep the original form or change it a bit, or completely. If you struggle with designing, you can be inspired by existing species or themes. Once you know on what you want your OC to be based on, the design should be easier to come with. For my Pokémon OC ( not a Pikachu though ), I got inspired by a Chinook salmon & a Ross Sea orca.

For the lore & personality, I cannot help you because I truly suck at that & I hate to be stuck with one story for my characters.

For the clothing & accessories, I personally think that there are no limits. But you can make a set of clothes that matches with the personality / design of your OC. If you don't feel like designing the clothes, you can always use existing ones & maybe change some details.

I think that's all. I hope I helped !

ooo I love this, thank you so much!

i was mainly gonna just do its collage life but with pokemon lol, it's a wip tho.