00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NormanCinno just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

To Clarify the Looping rule

107 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Silly question but I've been working on an instrumental using EZDrummer. I reread the audio portal rules and it said that Loops were banned. I wanted to double check what it meant by that since I see people use things like Amen breaks in their songs.

I then crawled through the forums for EZDrummer and a technical advisor said that anything in EZdrummer can be used freely as long as you don't resell the raw midi files and all that.

Currently my track has a groove in it from the Core Library but the rest of it will be my own midis, including the rest of the drum parts. Sorry if this post sounds all over the place, I just don't want to break the rules, lol.

Thanks

Response to To Clarify the Looping rule 2024-05-13 14:21:12

At 5/13/24 01:29 PM, GigzMcGeezie wrote: Silly question but I've been working on an instrumental using EZDrummer. I reread the audio portal rules and it said that Loops were banned. I wanted to double check what it meant by that since I see people use things like Amen breaks in their songs.

I then crawled through the forums for EZDrummer and a technical advisor said that anything in EZdrummer can be used freely as long as you don't resell the raw midi files and all that.

Currently my track has a groove in it from the Core Library but the rest of it will be my own midis, including the rest of the drum parts. Sorry if this post sounds all over the place, I just don't want to break the rules, lol.

Thanks

Update, I replaced the drum track anyways I would still like to know what the limits are for the future.

Response to To Clarify the Looping rule 2024-05-13 16:18:35

The above is all fine, drum rhythms aren't covered by copyright, so any midi pattern triggering specifically a vst drum sample instrament like EZdrummer, Superior drummer, the Steven slate equivalent ect, is all kosher.

BBS Signature