00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

hyperheartcom just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

how do you play the gutair again

129 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

how do you play the gutair again 2024-05-12 03:48:44

i used to play when i was little and forgot now what?

Doomguy2009

Response to how do you play the gutair again 2024-05-12 08:03:22

relearn?

BBS Signature

Response to how do you play the gutair again 2024-05-12 08:18:24

At 5/12/24 03:48 AM, Doomguy2009 wrote: i used to play when i was little and forgot now what?

I'd suggest start out with first learning how to position/practice your fingers in terms of strength and in terms of placements, and then learn how to play chords first; I'd suggest basic chords (such as G, D, E) and then learn how to play them in Minor (which is pretty simple, since most times it's just either removing a finger or repositioning a finger).

The latter should give you a good start since most songs out there are composed with about 4 chords from what I know? Most even comprising of (or maybe a variation of) said basic chords.

BBS Signature

Response to how do you play the gutair again 2024-05-12 08:19:38

At 5/12/24 08:18 AM, shintsukimi205 wrote:
At 5/12/24 03:48 AM, Doomguy2009 wrote: i used to play when i was little and forgot now what?
I'd suggest start out with first learning how to position/practice your fingers in terms of strength and in terms of placements, and then learn how to play chords first; I'd suggest basic chords (such as G, D, E) and then learn how to play them in Minor (which is pretty simple, since most times it's just either removing a finger or repositioning a finger).

The latter should give you a good start since most songs out there are composed with about 4 chords from what I know? Most even comprising of (or maybe a variation of) said basic chords.

Oh yeah! By the way,

NEVER wash your hand directly after playing/pressing on the strings--wait for about a good hour or so.

It's bad for your fingers and all.

BBS Signature

Response to how do you play the gutair again 2024-05-13 08:32:17

At 5/12/24 08:19 AM, shintsukimi205 wrote:

Oh yeah! By the way,

NEVER wash your hand directly after playing/pressing on the strings--wait for about a good hour or so.

I have never heard that before in my life. What is the reasoning behind that?

I suggest learning a different instrument like the Trumpet. Speaking of which @sorohanro has a YouTube channel with trumpet tutorials.

Gee wiz. Didn't think that would turn into a commercial.

Response to how do you play the gutair again 2024-05-14 09:49:25

At 5/13/24 08:32 AM, SoulSecure wrote:

Oh yeah! By the way,

I suggest learning a different instrument like the Trumpet. Speaking of which @sorohanro has a YouTube channel with trumpet tutorials.

Really??

I say this from memory so put what I say with a handful of salt; Something about the fingers being sore and the water rinsing it directly after playing making it worse..

I forgot if it were blisters or what have you, I'll need some more time to recollect it since I've kept this advice in mind for about 2 or so years by now...

BBS Signature

Response to how do you play the gutair again 2024-05-14 10:57:03

Apply your fingers or a pick on the strings to make them vibrate. If you manage to do that, you should be able to get some sounds out of that thing.

Response to how do you play the gutair again 2024-05-14 11:09:23

Try and play a song by ear, and get a feel for it.

I did that when I forgot how to play Master of Puppets a while back.

Get your old guitar and play anything. Listen to what motivates you to play and learn it. Compose songs and record them with your phone. In fact, record videos of yourself playing something you feel comfortable with and you'll see yourself improve very quickly. You just have to do it.

I've actually heard the opposite of this from a really good instructor. Washing helps with being comfortable and to warm up much better (oh yeah thats also advisable, but uh, dont worry about it yet). You'll always get blisters. Your hands won't look the same, but the tunes are cool so who cares.

beep boop, i'm not a robot

BBS Signature

Response to how do you play the gutair again 2024-05-15 04:45:31

At 5/13/24 08:32 AM, SoulSecure wrote:

Oh yeah! By the way,

Thanks for tagging me. I actually have also guitar tutorials, some for very beginner level, might fit the situation here.

I made them for my job, so some of them are in Norwegian:

Spanish Melody (just an E major chord basically)

https://youtu.be/-9ePROcfqbo?si=n31NYP2rxDb5HcX3

Guns n' Roses "Paradise City"

https://youtu.be/hy7MzF18amk?si=UeJbP5WzIhojMZPq

Harry Styles "Watermelon Sugar"

https://youtu.be/TmeZHA3r7XQ?si=BESOU3nM87IotfQr

Imagine Dragons "Believer" featuring @sunnivata

https://youtu.be/CjIhyxMGcMs?si=9NvrbIBZXFxtsYHs

Hope that helps.