00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LickleLuki just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The PlayStation at 30 Collab

495 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-10 12:32:28

iu_1201688_5827275.webpHello Newgrounders, isn’t it strange that we have had Dreamcast collab and Nintendo 64 collab, a DS Collab but not a single PlayStation collab! (that isn't an April fools)

Well let's change that!

So we’re looking for animators to join us in celebrating 30 years of PlayStation, with this The PlayStation collab.

Who are we looking for? This is Newgrounds and in the spirit of Newgrounds being a place of collaboration, community and talent. We are looking for animators of all skill levels to join us, whether you're just starting out or a seasoned veteran, as long as you give it your all and have fun, It can be storydriven, comedic, dramatic, let your creative go wild, As long as your entry is based on an IP that has appeared on the PlayStation, PS2, PS3, PS4, PS5, PSP or Vita. So no plumber boy! Mustache man! allowed.

How do i join?

Share with me in the DM’s or below some of your animated work and what game/games you would like to animate. The collab is open to all, but we do have a minimal quality standard.

Specifications

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Frame rate 24fps

Length 30 - 120 seconds (per animation)

Format: MP4

Deadline: November 25th 2024

Submission: you can submit more than one if you choose to

Rules

There maybe only 2 entries of the same game this includes remakes and remasters, this does not include games with sequels, you can check a list of games already taken here:

Google Spreadsheet

And here is a list of games that have been published to the 5 generations of PlayStation

List of PlayStation games (A–L)

List of PlayStation games (M - Z)

List of PS2 games (A-K)

List of PS2 games (L-Z)

List of PS3 games (A-C)

List of PS3 games (D-I)

List of PS3 games (J-P)

List of PS3 games (Q-Z)

List of PS4 games (A-L)

List of PS4 games (M-Z)

List of PS5 games

Your entry may have a mature theme, including horny characters but no content that would require this project to get an A rating. And I think it goes without saying, don’t use copyrighted soundtracks, use the Newgrounds Audio portal or collab with a musician. 

Right enough of the boring text, let's get animating!

BBS Signature

Response to The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-10 13:18:16

This seems pretty awesome, really the year of console collabs,

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-10 18:13:39

You can count me in!

Love me some Ape Escape. :P

lPAFhuo.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-10 21:38:03

Fuck yeah!! I really need to animate more so I’ll definitely try to do something for this collab

Response to The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-10 23:20:39

At 5/10/24 09:38 PM, Eldritchsaxes wrote: Fuck yeah!! I really need to animate more so I’ll definitely try to do something for this collab

when your ready to apply let me know.

BBS Signature

This seems really great but I dunno if it is possible for me to do 24fps (when it comes to animating the frames) with the program I use. Also, my idea seemed too hard for me, so I'm not sure.

Especially not at that length ;-;

BBS Signature

Response to The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-12 23:50:05

At 5/12/24 09:05 PM, Powgal wrote: This seems really great but I dunno if it is possible for me to do 24fps (when it comes to animating the frames) with the program I use. Also, my idea seemed too hard for me, so I'm not sure.

24fps as in rendering quality. It's to prevent issues when putting the collab together later on. Not draw 24 single images a second.

BBS Signature

Response to The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-13 13:03:21

At 5/12/24 11:50 PM, TheExtreamH wrote:
At 5/12/24 09:05 PM, Powgal wrote: This seems really great but I dunno if it is possible for me to do 24fps (when it comes to animating the frames) with the program I use. Also, my idea seemed too hard for me, so I'm not sure.

24fps as in rendering quality. It's to prevent issues when putting the collab together later on. Not draw 24 single images a second.

Oh, okay. That sounds a lot more possible for me. I might do it.

BBS Signature

Any deadline? (Edited) Oh wait nvm I’m blind

Reading this gives you infinite luck. You'e welcome.

BBS Signature

Response to The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-13 17:02:44

At 5/13/24 02:04 PM, Hexamak wrote: Any deadline? (Edited) Oh wait nvm I’m blind

All accepted participants must have entries in by November 25th

BBS Signature

Response to The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-13 18:24:05

I'd absolutely be down for this and I know exactly which game I wanna do:

iu_1203354_9770022.png

...it's Ico by the way for all you young'ns out there.

COMMISSIONS OPEN! Support me at PATREON, SUBSCRIBESTAR or donate at my KO-FI

BBS Signature

Response to The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-20 05:50:54

Hi, could i please do Gravity Rush for my animation?

some of my animated work is here on my channel

youtube

Response to The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-20 18:38:21

At 5/20/24 05:50 AM, iAmNickname wrote: Hi, could i please do Gravity Rush for my animation?
some of my animated work is here on my channel
youtube

I've Dm'd you

BBS Signature

Response to The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-24 17:50:46

Whoa! This sounds awesome! Count me in! I'll throw my hat in for Fat Princess. I'll DM you some of my stuff in a bit.

Response to The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-25 15:16:59

At 5/24/24 05:50 PM, TallBird wrote: Whoa! This sounds awesome! Count me in! I'll throw my hat in for Fat Princess. I'll DM you some of my stuff in a bit.

some good stuff, welcome aboard

BBS Signature

Seems interesting. I might join.

My only concern is that you're including all games published on the PS4, rather than exclusives or games which released first on the PS4.

Response to The PlayStation at 30 Collab 2024-05-30 11:16:57

At 5/30/24 07:35 AM, UnculturedMutt wrote: Seems interesting. I might join.

My only concern is that you're including all games published on the PS4, rather than exclusives or games which released first on the PS4.

I get what you mean, but i chose to make it all games over exclusives to keep options open for people instead of limiting. Also i want to see how people handle game's that are on multiple systems, Minecraft is currently the only game that has been picked that falls under this.

Your welcome to join, just let me know and i'll give ya the discord collab link.

BBS Signature

At 5/30/24 11:16 AM, TheExtreamH wrote:
At 5/30/24 07:35 AM, UnculturedMutt wrote: Seems interesting. I might join.

I get what you mean, but i chose to make it all games over exclusives to keep options open for people instead of limiting. Also i want to see how people handle game's that are on multiple systems, Minecraft is currently the only game that has been picked that falls under this.

Your welcome to join, just let me know and i'll give ya the discord collab link.

I'll join, but I'll start later