00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Skirbs939 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Opinions on the Steam Deck?

75 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Opinions on the Steam Deck? 2024-04-13 15:00:14

Mainly asking this because I got myself a Steam Deck last year and ever since I got a dock for it i've felt this is the perfect way to play my PC games now, especially since i've modded mine to feel as much like a console as possible. I'd love to hear others opinions on it. :)

Response to Opinions on the Steam Deck? 2024-04-13 16:00:28

It has its ups and downs. It crashes a lot and games will sometimes just stop working after an update. And I can't exaggerate how frustrating it is to look online for some support and all I can find is someone saying the solution is to trash it and buy the Aya Neo or Rog Ally. But I had a similar issue pre-SteamDeck where I'd look for support on a PC game and someone will say that the fix is to buy it on console, so this is just a case of history repeating itself. Ugh.

But I love it more than not for sure. I've beaten more PC games on Steamdeck than on an actual PC. I love finally having a no-bullshit portable PS2 emulator after years of only ever having these "sorta kinda but not really" ways to play PS2 games on the go. I love the trackpad for point n' clicks and I love the gyroscope for shooters. Also I like it when a game will say that it's not Deck supported but then I play it and it works fine from start to finish. Overall it's a damn good device and I'm glad that it led to the development of a few competitor handhelds. They'll probably never be as affordable as those crappy hundred-dollar AndroidOS boxes that can barely run Dreamcast, but they've got a great niche nonetheless.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on the Steam Deck? 2024-04-13 16:45:43

i think it’s a great way to play all your favorite games like candy crush on the go

this signature belongs to an idiot who doesn’t even know how much of an idiot he is, i’m surprised he’s even capable of turning on a computer...what an absolute buffoon

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on the Steam Deck? 2024-04-13 16:55:37

It's like the modern-day gateway drug, or Trojan Horse, to using Linux...

Haven't used one yet, but have tried gaming on Linux in 2004.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Opinions on the Steam Deck? 2024-04-13 20:57:57

Works great, and is much cheaper than a proper gaming PC that can perform just as well with the most modern titles.

My only gripe is that it is not VR compatible when the specs are clearly more than fine, if they but optimized for it. Steam has lots of VR games you can not play on a native headset.

No pods, no casters