00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

qamar123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[Team Fortress 2] "Well Travelled" Warpaint Collab

300 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey! I'm looking for artists to help me by participating in a collaboration I am starting for a warpaint I'm hoping to get done by June 1st.

I call it "Well Travelled"

Essentially the gist is this. We have a base skin that looks like a 1970s travel suit/brief case that I'll be working on. Then every artist that wants to participate will pick a map and make a travel sticker based off that map. (think old style travel catalogue stickers) The sticker will get randomly slapped onto one of the textures and eventually, with enough people, it'll be a big stickerbombed warpaint.

iu_1188846_6809427.webp

I have a google sheet ready to keep track of the maps people wanna make stickers for. If you want to make a sticker, Message me privately and I'll add you to the list. 

Maximum Entrants is 99 people. 1 Sticker per person.

Requirements: 

- You'll need to message me privately so I can add you to the list linked below. (This is to prevent multiple people from making stickers for the same map. and for me to track progress.)

- You'll need to friend me on Steam (For some reason, this is a requirement Steam has for listing someone as a workshop contributor)

- You must have at least 1 other TF2 Workshop item uploaded. (This is to prove you have financial stuff setup through steam already. If the item gets added to TF2, I want you to have proper credit.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bDS-1sgAHsyOL-mzfVldHplg_qiUG7N6bWkPOpK_1N4/edit?usp=sharing

(Look at this sheet to see what maps have already been claimed.)

Right now, the deadline for the stickers will be June 1st. This is so we can get the Warpaint uploaded to the Steam Workshop before TF2 has it's next Summer update.

Participating in this project will give you an artist credit on the workshop submission. 

Note: Artist Credit means being added as a contributor in this case. 

Please keep in mind when you make a sticker, it could get partially covered by other stickers and the way this will be decided when adding stickers to textures will be random.

If enough interest is given into the project, There's a chance this will become a contest where there'll be a prize winner. 

(Right now, it's just a fun collaboration project between artists. I will announce if it becomes a contest.)

STICKER GUIDELINE AND NOTES: 

Sticker must be 512 x 512 px and must have a white border (like a sticker) (preferably a png for transparency.)

It also needs to adhere to TF2’s artstyle. (Look at 1960-1970's Travel Sticker/Posters for Inspiration, and also the TF2 Artstyle)

Don’t worry about team colors. The warpaint is the same for both teams.

If you have concerns about your design, maybe doodle or sketch it and ask me before diving fully in and I can help point you somewhere for inspiration. Not all the stickers need to have a similar style, travel stickers were absolutely different everywhere during this period of time. (Look at U.S State travel stickers for example, Arizona compared to California, insane differences in style.) The only style they need to adhere to is the TF2 artstyle.

I just ate a bagel.

Response to [Team Fortress 2] "Well Travelled" Warpaint Collab 2024-04-13 18:32:14

At 4/13/24 12:53 PM, SomewhatCloudy wrote: Right now, the deadline for the stickers will be June 1st. This is so we can get the Warpaint uploaded to the Steam Workshop before TF2 has it's next Summer update.

So this is slightly changed. The soft deadline will be May 1st, the Hard Deadline will be June 1st. If we do get enough people and everyone finished by May 1st. There's a signficantly higher chance the warpaint could be added to the game. However, since we don't know the cutoff for when Valve selects workshop items, May 1st is the "we are being careful" date. But if we cant get it by May 1st, or if we dont get enough people. We'll stick with June 1st as the hard deadline.

I just ate a bagel.

Response to [Team Fortress 2] "Well Travelled" Warpaint Collab 2024-04-15 09:03:45

Since nobody’s added to this thread yet, I just want to mention that I sent this to a server and we’ve got at least one person working on a sticker. I’ll keep spreading it around - this is way too good of an idea and opportunity to just let it die.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to [Team Fortress 2] "Well Travelled" Warpaint Collab 2024-04-15 13:27:27

At 4/13/24 12:53 PM, SomewhatCloudy wrote: - You'll need to friend me on Steam (For some reason, this is a requirement Steam has for listing someone as a workshop contributor)
- You must have at least 1 other TF2 Workshop item uploaded. (This is to prove you have financial stuff setup through steam already. If the item gets added to TF2, I want you to have proper credit.)

Props for making sure nobody gets cheated here!

Response to [Team Fortress 2] "Well Travelled" Warpaint Collab 2024-04-16 11:43:54

At 4/15/24 01:27 PM, 2CFox wrote:
At 4/13/24 12:53 PM, SomewhatCloudy wrote: - You'll need to friend me on Steam (For some reason, this is a requirement Steam has for listing someone as a workshop contributor)
Props for making sure nobody gets cheated here!

Just realized that this might be one of the big things that’s keeping people away from this thread - a lot of folks probably don’t know how to do this.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to [Team Fortress 2] "Well Travelled" Warpaint Collab 2024-04-16 13:18:10

At 4/16/24 11:43 AM, Thetageist wrote: Just realized that this might be one of the big things that’s keeping people away from this thread - a lot of folks probably don’t know how to do this.

Yeah, that makes sense, but it is unfortunately a mandatory requirement for Steam itself.

I just ate a bagel.

Response to [Team Fortress 2] "Well Travelled" Warpaint Collab 2024-04-17 10:05:55

Hey, just an update! We have one finished sticker! Progress is being made and thanks to Mav3n for this amazing ctf_sawmill sticker!

iu_1190742_6809427.png

I just ate a bagel.

Response to [Team Fortress 2] "Well Travelled" Warpaint Collab 2024-04-17 11:49:38

Is that barrel made of wood??

hello

Response to [Team Fortress 2] "Well Travelled" Warpaint Collab 2024-04-17 12:20:52

At 4/17/24 11:49 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Is that barrel made of wood??

Team Fortress 2 has a lot of varied skins for weapons. Some materials that guns can be range from wood, metal, ice, etc. In this case, the concept is supposed to be leather since it's a travel case based skin.

I just ate a bagel.

Response to [Team Fortress 2] "Well Travelled" Warpaint Collab 2024-04-17 13:57:06

At 4/17/24 12:20 PM, SomewhatCloudy wrote:
At 4/17/24 11:49 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Is that barrel made of wood??
Team Fortress 2 has a lot of varied skins for weapons. Some materials that guns can be range from wood, metal, ice, etc. In this case, the concept is supposed to be leather since it's a travel case based skin.

Having a wooden barrel is next-level pipe gun hobo shit.

For inspiration, I recommend RDR2 gun customization for inspiration for artists if you need to understand weapons. They let you customize every part of a gun on the outside. Barrel, barrel-tip, the receiver, stock, sights, trigger and trigger-guard even. Very cool stuff

but I always just make everything gold to show off lol

hello

Response to [Team Fortress 2] "Well Travelled" Warpaint Collab 2024-04-17 14:21:10

At 4/17/24 01:57 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: Having a wooden barrel is next-level pipe gun hobo shit.

For inspiration, I recommend RDR2 gun customization for inspiration for artists if you need to understand weapons. They let you customize every part of a gun on the outside. Barrel, barrel-tip, the receiver, stock, sights, trigger and trigger-guard even. Very cool stuff

but I always just make everything gold to show off lol

That's fair. Ill do some checking on that. (I actually need to finish RdR2 anyways)

But yeah, unfortunately Team Fortress 2 is an old game with limited customizability. It's very similar to CSGO's way of weapon customizability in which there is just a skin that covers the gun based on an overall texture(s). But Ill keep that noted for next time I make a war paint. I've made a few where they are more closely realistic with metal textures.

(I made this one)iu_1190825_6809427.png

But typically the TF2 community has a much more eccentric taste when it comes to skins and patterns and such.

For example, this is an official added warpaint to TF2.

iu_1190826_6809427.png

I just ate a bagel.

Response to [Team Fortress 2] "Well Travelled" Warpaint Collab 2024-04-17 18:57:00

I worry that Zesty will pissed off for art style ruining game.

Forg

Response to [Team Fortress 2] "Well Travelled" Warpaint Collab 2024-04-19 11:40:53

Here's another sticker. this one made by me! CP-sunshine!

iu_1191638_6809427.png

I just ate a bagel.

Heres my submission for the Collab!

iu_1194403_11512666.png

Oough Sexy Brad....FUCK YEAH!!1

BBS Signature